By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How is Xbox still on top

Wagram said:
Doesn't matter though as the PS3 is outselling the 360 worldwide.

and will continue to outsell this entire year. Hope the releases of AAA exclusives can break the lead.

Around the Network
xman said:
Slimebeast said:
I keep asking myself the same thing. It's strange that so many Americans still choose the Xbox.

First X10, then the nice NPD surprise. This day was a good day to be an Xbox fan.

Why is it strangeo many americans buy an xbox, my question is why so few japense buy it.  It has a solid game lineup, great pricing and the best online why not buy it.  The biggest factor is all my firends have xbox's.

Yeah, you're right. But I mean right now the PS3 has a lot of value. $300 including Blue Ray, free online, great exclusives, and you're a lot more cool among the other kids if you have a Playstation than Xbox etc.

Legend11 said:
What some people might also not know is that Sony is still in decline. If you compare NPD's numbers from last year to this year's the PS3 is doing better but it doesn't make up for the drop in PSP sales and especially the massive drop in PS2 sales. We're probably going to have another story at the end of the year talking about Sony's declining revenue.

Actually psp is still doing better in japan..it's lost the US market, PS2 had been on the sales market for 10 years or more and u can't be denying the apparent decline. The NPD numbers are based on the US market, if u take the World wide sales and compare, the 360 is still below the ps3 in sales. The Japanese market is responsible for the difference that is emerging between the sales of these consoles. PS3 slim infact made a profit thru it's sales from sept till January as per the last post of Sony's Fiscal year quarter. We can be hearing about only a sustained revenue gross rather than decline. Still it's far away to speculate so. There's a lot of potential for the ps3 to continue this outselling and especially with the release of the Arc.

Wrong section. Your thread is ignorant. Finally, like kowenicki said, some people just prefer the X360, is it such a hard concept to grasp? No.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Microsoft gets a lot of repeat buyers because of modding their consoles for piracy and not being able to send them in when they RROD/E74. Plus last fall when Microsoft locked and perma-banned a lot of modded 360's for piracy when MW2 came out, a lot of those people just went and bought new ones.

Plus Microsoft are the masters of marketing this gen. The over-whelming majority of multi-console games only have their 360 versions advertised in TV and elsewhere, which blind-sides anyone who does not stay on top of gaming news to know which game is coming out for which system. Personally, I didn't even know Dragon Age: Origins was coming out for PS3 until after it came out when I saw it in a Wal-Mart.

Microsoft is not stupid. Their console is not the best console by any stretch, but their marketing of it keeps it selling so well. They've even been caught trolling forums to hype and promote it like when a MS employee with a Microsoft email address was caught trolling NeoGAF to promote Forza over GT5. Unethical? Yes. Generates huge sales and results? Yes. Guess which one MS cares about?

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:
CGI-Quality said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
PS3 is ahead of xbox in world wide sales right? or is there no way to tell

You know that this is a sales tracking site, correct?

i mean as in worldwides sales per month now. not overall lifetime sales.

we have monthly, yearly, weekly, and total sales in every category (WW, America, Other, Japan) just click "Charts" on the top bar.

monthly WW - http://www.vgchartz.com/monthly.php

Hardware

Console Monthly Total
1,571,763 (-80%) 67,276,241
1,543,981 (-79%) 124,825,888
909,567 (-75%) 31,760,063
748,320 (-64%) 53,845,116
672,197 (-75%) 37,645,431
210,900 (-74%) 134,388,091

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Well, in US 360 launched first and got Halo 3 out and had a lower price before PS3 even hit. Then PS3 got caught in a format war with HD DVD, HD TV adoption was slower than expected and there was a global recession. Also, this little console called the Wii arrived at ate most of Sony's former position. Finally, by the time PS3 launched 360 had a strong base built on groups of friends on Live while Wii (and PS3's price) was keeping it from selling to the more casual console market as the PS2 and PS1 had and while in theory from Sony's point if view the PS3 offered the chance of a BR player in the same way PS2 offered a DVD player the position of BR vs DVD was very different from that of DVD when PS2 launched.

The result, the Wii is on top, the 360 has done decent and the PS3 poorly. It's as simple as that in US (well, more or less I think).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...