By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How is Xbox still on top

SpartenOmega117 said:
okay i see them. so ps3 sold over 200,000 units in one week? so does NPD track the units shipped? Ps3 sells 200,000 units monthly in the U.S.. does npd track amazon?

NPD tracks sales from retailer to consumer in the United States of America.

VGChartz tracks sales from retailer to consumer across the whole world. 

This is why the PS3 sells as much in a week of VGChartz tracking as in a month of NPD. If you want to compare VGCHartz numbers to NPD, then you can click http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php. But it is very important to note that VGCHartz 'Americas region' includes Canada, Mexico and South America. So for a reasonably accurate comparison, multiply the VGChartz Americas numbers by 0.9 and compare to NPD numbers

Around the Network

lol this really concerns you?
anyway ummm what cgi said...

Not everyone wants a PS3. I mean sure its a great deal but Xbox Live is just amazing.

i'd say MS is still higher because they used their SpartenOmegalaezerz on Sony.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

360 is ahead LTD. PS3 is ahead right now WW.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

What some people might also not know is that Sony is still in decline. If you compare NPD's numbers from last year to this year's the PS3 is doing better but it doesn't make up for the drop in PSP sales and especially the massive drop in PS2 sales. We're probably going to have another story at the end of the year talking about Sony's declining revenue.

rafichamp said:
Sony is holding back stock, dont worry once they break even on PS3 they will re-stock like crazy, which should be around end of March.

That's even worse then the babyseals killed by this thread... must find ultimate Picard facepalm...

-edit-

found it:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Slimebeast said:
I keep asking myself the same thing. It's strange that so many Americans still choose the Xbox.

First X10, then the nice NPD surprise. This day was a good day to be an Xbox fan.

Why is it strangeo many americans buy an xbox, my question is why so few japense buy it.  It has a solid game lineup, great pricing and the best online why not buy it.  The biggest factor is all my firends have xbox's.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

There's a principle that microsoft only gives the number units "shipped" to "retailers" vs sony giving the number of units "sold" to "customers". A bit of stretching the truth basically.

Amazon doesn't count for nothing, just another more.....