By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you want to die?

How do you want to die?

Slow/Peacefully 10 29.41%

While doing something worthwhile 17 50.00%

Other 7 20.59%

Total:34
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Zexen you touched a touchy subject and you should know better than to do that......me,and apparently room414 ,believe that there is something beyond the grave......do you see the key word? Believe......just in the same sense that you believe there is nothing beyond the grave.

We all dont know what happens after we die......but yoour beliefs arent facts and to state them as such is just asking for trouble.

I didn't ask for anything. It's him that can't tolerate my statement. Someone said something I may not necessarily agree with, but I never felt the need to quote him and cause a stir. Why would I? Just because I don't agree we'd be judged after life doesn't mean I need to quote him, disagree and cause controversy. Obviously, he needed to

room414 said:

is that all we are? just a bag of bones? there's nothing more to us?

I think we're just a bag of cells more than just a bag of bones, but that's my opinion

opinion?

I thought we could prove that we are made of cells?

(there is scientific evidence I mean?)

You can't prove we are JUST made of cells and that there is NOTHING MORE to us

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
In my sleep

This. I'd prefer a painless death.

Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:

Zexen you touched a touchy subject and you should know better than to do that......me,and apparently room414 ,believe that there is something beyond the grave......do you see the key word? Believe......just in the same sense that you believe there is nothing beyond the grave.

We all dont know what happens after we die......but yoour beliefs arent facts and to state them as such is just asking for trouble.

I didn't ask for anything. It's him that can't tolerate my statement. Someone said something I may not necessarily agree with, but I never felt the need to quote him and cause a stir. Why would I? Just because I don't agree we'd be judged after life doesn't mean I need to quote him, disagree and cause controversy. Obviously, he needed to

room414 said:

I think we're just a bag of cells more than just a bag of bones, but that's my opinion

opinion?

what can a human being do that cannot be explained by our cells allowing us to do such things?

SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:

room414 said:

opinion?

what can a human being do that cannot be explained by our cells allowing us to do such things?

Typical, extremely logical and extremely educated BS response that you'l find on these forums. You know fine rightly what I'm on about, your just trying to be inteligent. 

In my sleep like MJ but without the drugs and the years of suffering from various ailments.

Around the Network
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:

room414 said:

opinion?

Typical, extremely logical and extremely educated BS response that you'l find on these forums. You know fine rightly what I'm on about, your just trying to be inteligent. 

Don't go down that route, nothing good comes from it. Bring examples to the table, and don't be quick to judge others if you want an actual discussion.

In a hail of bullets....nah j/k

Probably after watching my grandchildren for several years, I just accept my fate and die, or sacrifice myself in order to save a life (when I'm really old). The last guy in the room before the bomb explodes to get everyone out, or like that worn-out pilot from Independence Day lol

Die accomplished.

*Just a thought, what if during reincarnation, you relive the life of your father/mother (depending on boy or girl) and witness the creation of your previous self....

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:

opinion?

Typical, extremely logical and extremely educated BS response that you'l find on these forums. You know fine rightly what I'm on about, your just trying to be inteligent

as opposed to illogical, uneducated and unintelligent? (im just reversing your words...)

youre trying to argue that there is some part of a human that exists beyond the cellular?

my question is simple, how and why?

SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:

opinion?

Typical, extremely logical and extremely educated BS response that you'l find on these forums. You know fine rightly what I'm on about, your just trying to be inteligent

as opposed to illogical, uneducated and unintelligent? (im just reversing your words...)

youre trying to argue that there is some part of a human that exists beyond the cellular?

Ok. The question is really about whether there is more to humans that just their biological structure. It all comes down to whether someone believes in spirtual stuff or not. For example, if someone says they have been possessed by a demon, or have contacted God then although their biological cells have been used through these processes, it's still 'more' than what is considered to be human. Some people believe that there are other parts of a human being that can exist even after a human's cells have died (the Soul etc). 

Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:
Complications said:
SciFiBoy said:

opinion?

Ok. The question is really about whether there is more to humans that just their biological structure. It all comes down to whether someone believes in spirtual stuff or not. For example, if someone says they have been possessed by a demon, or have contacted God then although their biological cells have been used through these processes, it's still 'more' than what is considered to be human. Some people believe that there are other parts of a human being that can exist even after a human's cells have died (the Soul etc). 

I would define those things as "delusions" or "hullicinations", which are biological unless im mistaken.

1) how are they not biological?
2) why would I believe in something that is unscientific?