By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Poll - What's the greatest JRPG series of all time?

What's the greatest JRPG series of all time?

Final Fantasy 2,113 49.79%

Kingdom Hearts 364 8.58%

Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi 277 6.53%

Pokemon 816 19.23%

Tales 172 4.05%

Other 501 11.80%

Total:4,243

JRPGs: Pioneers of the giant sword.

Vgchartz is notorious not just for the highest concentration of sales buffs on the internet, but one of the highest concentrations of Japanese RPG fans as well. And while there have been many great JRPG series and games in the history of the industry, only a select few can stand up as the mega-hits of our age. So if you're a big JRPG fan, and you want to represent your favorite series, you'd probably feel like taking a gander at the latest poll (ha ha, gander). But first, let's take a second and appreciate another amazing song this week:

I have listened to this song many times in my life (probably hundreds), and yet I still don't know what it means. But to me, that's the fun. It's obviously about something meaningful, but I choose to take another approach. Instead of taking every lyric and trying to piece them together into some mighty, combined meaning, I just take the same approach I do with Bohemian Rhapsody: Appreciate every lyric and try to discover the meaning of each and every word. I used to try to do this with Nirvana's songs, but then I gave up. 

Anyways, there have been many great JRPG series, so I tried to select the options for this week's poll by just choosing those series which seem to be either the highest selling or the most popular on this site. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are basically combined into one series for the sake of polling, and any other Mario RPG games can be lumped in there as well. So if the series you want to vote for isn't there, vote Other. And if you're not happy with that, listen to A Day In The Life. Because, just...wow. I love that song. And that brings us to this week's poll (look at my lazy segue):

What's the greatest JRPG series of all time?

Final Fantasy

Kingdom Hearts

Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi

Pokemon

Tales

Other

Around the Network

Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile.

Final Fantasy.

Disgaea series. Its the only jrpg series in which every game in it is awesome :)

No Tales fans? I guess it just sucks

Around the Network
g-value said:
Disgaea series. Its the only jrpg series in which every game in it is awesome :)

Never played Disgaea but that is how the FF series is to me. Love every game! Awesome awesome series.

Final Fantasy.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Other:

Gotta be Mother.

MontanaHatchet said:
No Tales fans? I guess it just sucks

Other then Tales of Vesperia.

Wheres Golden Sun :(

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers