By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you buy a component cable for your HDTV or did you stick with composite?

kvh22000 said:
I own 46 inch sony bravia. 1080p

Here is all you need to know!

Sony PS3 looks way better with hdmi cables.
360 looks way better with hdmi cables.
Wii looks worse with hd cables.

Not on my 52" XBR4. The interlacing was pretty bad via composite. Sure, the jaggies were still pretty bad via component, but 480p made all the menus, etc. much smoother.

Around the Network

I use component cables for every system I have that supports them (PS2, Xbox, GC, 360, Wii), and HDMI for PS3. I have never seen an instance in which the image was preferrable in any way with composite, HDTV or no.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

alright.... my arm is officially twisted. I'll get some component cables for my Wii...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

It's great that you can actually get inexpensive third-party component cables for the Wii. There was no such thing for the Gamecube; the official Nintendo cables were the only ones available. Some local game store was selling official Japanese cables (not sure why) for $90, though I doubt anyone ever bought them. You could order them from the Nintendo store for $30 or so.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.