By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy Review--SPONSORED BY SONY!

BenKenobi88 said:
I love having my hands separate...even if it's a "traditional" game, like Mario, it's great because I can rest my hands in whatever position I want, instead of keeping them close together with a regular gamepad.

It's funny you should say that, while I was playing Galaxy earlier today I had the same exact thought as I rested my Nunchuck arm on my wife's leg.

Around the Network

That review is what my friends like to say.... F***ed up!

Have they removed the Sponsored by Sony? I can't find it.

I usually dont wade into forum discussions of my work, but I felt a need here. You're all welcome to your opinions of my Mario Galaxy review, of course, and I really enjoy reading them.

But I must say that the accusation I was paid off by or am kissing up to Sony is completely absurd. Variety is a professional newspaper and the advertising and editorial departments are totally separate. I have no idea who will be advertising on our website or in our print edition each day, nor do I care to know.

If Sony actually were trying to influence our editorial coverage, they would probably be pretty unhappy with our negative reviews of Lair and Heavenly Sword (both edited, but not written by me) and the many articles I have written pointing out how the Wii and (to a lesser extent) 360 are kicking the PS3's ass in sales, as well as how the DS is creaming the PSP.

-Ben Fritz 

@benfritz

You decide to make a post here, yet have not on your own article comments? Hmmmm. I am skeptical that you are Ben Fritz

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Um why is someone pretending to be Ben Fritz. By the way I am Ben Fritz and I touch myself a lot.

Sony smearing campaign continues? Why do Variety reviews matter again? Also technically he's right about the graphics, but the point has very little relevance since we know Wii has less power than the other two and this wouldn't even factor into a gamer's review (SMG reviews from real game sources praise the graphics), but to an outsider like mr variety here the graphics will look 'worse' than things on PS3 or 360.

It's like comparing the special effects of an artsy indie movie to Transformers, what's the point? Did I go to see special effects in the indie movie?

Not to mention a little thing called artistic direction in games especially stylized games like Mario and Ratchet. So even though Viva Pinata might technically have better graphics than SMG, Mario still looks better in my opinion.

In conclusion this review has nothing to do with the reviewer being pro Sony or anti Nintendo but with the fact that he's not a gamer and he's comparing graphics from a technical standpoint which is inapplicable here.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

@ckmlb
That was well written and I agree with you completely for once.

I like Cklmbs take on this.

Also whats the bet the 'benfritz' isnt Ben Fritz?

Now see this guy is a good argument for supporting waterboarding

ANd I thought the reviews that gave the game a 90 were badly done 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)