By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This is to all noobs that said xbox 360 end of year 12-14 million worldwide

wait for adjustdments....the 360 is vastly overtracked in europe and probably na as well(doubt it has sold more units weekly that when halo3 launched)

Around the Network

wait for adjustdments....the 360 is vastly overtracked in europe and probably na as well(doubt it has sold more units weekly that when halo3 launched)

Did KillaKB even make a prediction? No....talk about noobs.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Soriku said:
mrstickball said:
To be fair, as a X360 owner, I see vastly more Wii fanboys making outlandish requests, and predictions (240m for the Wii, and 50m for SMG ring a bell?)

1. Erm... 240 mil was from johnlucas.
2. 50 mil SMG? lol wut?
3. think you can also say the same things about (some) Sony fanboys...

MrStickball will find out soon enough, Soriku. Don't worry about his charges about outlandish predictions.

The fact of the matter is 240,000,000 is playing it safe. YOU know what my REAL number is.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

I'm still not entirely satisfied that the Wii isn't a fad yet. Its an awesome gaming system, but I'm not sure how good the attach rates will be long term and thats a big consideration for publishers.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Can somebody show me some real proof that the 360 is being overtracked. Everytime I come to this site the NPD numbers are actually higher for the 360 than VGChartz. I actually think the 360 is being undertracked.

leo-j, zucas, and Diomedes

Where are you guys getting the information that the 360 is overtracked?

Is this just your opinion or do you have some source or concrete reasoning?

I am still saying 15 million for the 360 and 17 million for the Wii.

As far as total sales this year it will only have to beat last years number by 10 percent to make 16m. According to this site the 360 sold 2.55m units between Nov 11th and the end of December 2006. If it tops that by 10 percent that will be 2.8m + the current 13.2 = 16m.

Also according to this site this week tracked 20 percent above the same week last year, so that 10 percent does not seem at all unreasonable. And that increase comes after the draining of the pent up demand from the Halo launch so it would seem sustainable.