By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Think it's about time Resident Evil goes back to its survival Horror roots

Think it's about time Resident Evil goes back to its survival Horror roots

YES 110 83.97%

NO 21 16.03%

Total:131
Pellefant said:
RE4 was brilliant. Still I would like to see more of the first games. More survival horror yes please.
Anybody know if the first games will release on PSN outside of the US?

Probably a long time, it took years to bring RE 1,2,3 over to the US store from Japan store

maybe you can buy a US PSN card online, make a US account and purchase RE games on the US store

Around the Network
RareglovE said:
AnarchyWest said:
to me RE5 was RE4 with co-op, they were both action-horror games and were completely different from the PRE-RE4 installments
I want Capcom to return to the survival horror roots but I know they're not since the RE4 fanbase has become so vocal its likely they will keep the series an action horror
RE0.1,Remake,2,3,&CVX >>>RE4 & 5

those pre RE4 games will remain true survival horror, and what RE was supose to be. RE5 it was like i was having a "DAYMARE" not a nightmare a daymare, thats how bad it was. if only capcom understood what gamers really want

Imo, RE 4 was brilliant..but RE5 sucked major ass...

Do you guys feel negative about RE5 only or RE4 too ?

Abso-fucking-lutely YES!

Tweak Resident Evil 4's controls and keep the heavy atmosphere. Add a great plot ala CODE: Veronica, minus the forced 2 characters gameplay and people will flock to it.

RE series never made much sense to me (although I love the games dearly).

Think about it.. you have 10 zombies coming at you, why can't you move and shoot at the same time??? How does that make any sense? Can't picture someone thinking "Oh great, they are coming, let me stand still and take my gun out.

Go to running like hell and shooting, and I will be loving it (like SH: SM but with guns)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
GodOfWar_3ever said:
RareglovE said:
AnarchyWest said:
to me RE5 was RE4 with co-op, they were both action-horror games and were completely different from the PRE-RE4 installments
I want Capcom to return to the survival horror roots but I know they're not since the RE4 fanbase has become so vocal its likely they will keep the series an action horror

those pre RE4 games will remain true survival horror, and what RE was supose to be. RE5 it was like i was having a "DAYMARE" not a nightmare a daymare, thats how bad it was. if only capcom understood what gamers really want

Im negative about both RE4&5 but more of RE4, I been playing the series since the first one released on the PS1 and I think RE4 killed the series (you wouldn't even know its RE if Capcom change the title, character names, and a few minutes of audio)

Around the Network
AnarchyWest said:
Pellefant said:
RE4 was brilliant. Still I would like to see more of the first games. More survival horror yes please.
Anybody know if the first games will release on PSN outside of the US?

Probably a long time, it took years to bring RE 1,2,3 over to the US store from Japan store

maybe you can buy a US PSN card online, make a US account and purchase RE games on the US store

Crap. Still crossing my fingers.

But thanks anyway.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
RareglovE said:
AnarchyWest said:

Not that they were bad games, just that they wernt Resident evil at all, Nothing except the characters names where kept from the origional

The characters view- changed
The fixed camera angles that only let you see part of the room(but you know somethings in there) untill you step in further- changed
The amount of items to carry, running to store box- changed
ammo shortage

they basically got rid of the horror, and thats what its all about

double post

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

i hope the next RE will be somewhat like the forth since that game was just awesome.
didnt like 5 that much it lacked horrer and ths adventures feeling

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

if it doesnt im not gonna get another of the series.re5 was a letdown...

"Release Greece From Chains"