By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Think it's about time Resident Evil goes back to its survival Horror roots

Think it's about time Resident Evil goes back to its survival Horror roots

YES 110 83.97%

NO 21 16.03%

Total:131

Whats wrong with these people that don't want it to return to its roots. Resident Evil 5 was a majour disappointment for me.

Around the Network
Berstuck said:
Whats wrong with these people that don't want it to return to its roots. Resident Evil 5 was a majour disappointment for me.

simple its call "MONEY"

It should go back to the RE4 roots...

GodOfWar_3ever said:

how would it feel, if the game play is like re4 but the atmostphere of the game is like RE REMAKE and ZERO

RareglovE said:
Cheebee said:
Hm, well, I think RE4 was a step in the right direction. A big step, it had a great balance between the survival horror thing and the action-adventure thing. However with 5 they seem to have gone overboard with the action thing imo. It's not really a Resident Evil anymore. Obviously they did it to appeal to a larger group of people, since the survival horror isn't really a broad genre these days, but in doing so they've kind of abandoned what made RE great in the 1st place. A 3rd person game like 4 is great, but they shouldn't put so much emphasis on the whole action thing. With 5, it felt like they were too much trying to be like Gears of War and other similar games.

when RE 4 first came out on the GC, i thought i was playing counter strike(cs)

no dout the direction re 4 went, revoulutiozes how third person game became what it is today. but still overall how RE5 went killed the franchise and buried it six feet under.

Counter Strike? Lol, well, I never really got that feeling but oh well, haha.

Yeah RE4 had a big influence, I doubt they'll ever go back to the way RE was in the past after that. But I agree, RE5 took it too far. At least 4 still felt like a survival-horror game at times. 5 Just seems like it tries too hard to be a 'me-too' action HD game.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

to me RE5 was RE4 with co-op, they were both action-horror games and were completely different from the PRE-RE4 installments
I want Capcom to return to the survival horror roots but I know they're not since the RE4 fanbase has become so vocal its likely they will keep the series an action horror
RE0.1,Remake,2,3,&CVX >>>RE4 & 5

RareglovE said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

how would it feel, if the game play is like re4 but the atmostphere of the game is like RE REMAKE and ZERO

I would crap myself while playing...lol

AnarchyWest said:
to me RE5 was RE4 with co-op, they were both action-horror games and were completely different from the PRE-RE4 installments
I want Capcom to return to the survival horror roots but I know they're not since the RE4 fanbase has become so vocal its likely they will keep the series an action horror

those pre RE4 games will remain true survival horror, and what RE was supose to be. RE5 it was like i was having a "DAYMARE" not a nightmare a daymare, thats how bad it was. if only capcom understood what gamers really want

RE4 was brilliant. Still I would like to see more of the first games. More survival horror yes please.
Anybody know if the first games will release on PSN outside of the US?

RareglovE said:
AnarchyWest said:

those pre RE4 games will remain true survival horror, and what RE was supose to be. RE5 it was like i was having a "DAYMARE" not a nightmare a daymare, thats how bad it was. if only capcom understood what gamers really want

I actually prefer RE5 to RE4, the storyline in RE4 was horrible and made a mess of the overall RE storyline, I think RE5 did a decent job at creating an old school RE storyline and it patched up some of RE4's storyline. Im actually looking forward to the RE5 DLC since it looks like Capcom is slowly returning back to the atmosphere in RE1