By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Think it's about time Resident Evil goes back to its survival Horror roots

Think it's about time Resident Evil goes back to its survival Horror roots

YES 110 83.97%

NO 21 16.03%

Total:131

Resident evil zero should be remade with online, seen as you can control 2 characters at once, would be brilliant

Around the Network

Hm, well, I think RE4 was a step in the right direction. A big step, it had a great balance between the survival horror thing and the action-adventure thing. However with 5 they seem to have gone overboard with the action thing imo. It's not really a Resident Evil anymore. Obviously they did it to appeal to a larger group of people, since the survival horror isn't really a broad genre these days, but in doing so they've kind of abandoned what made RE great in the 1st place. A 3rd person game like 4 is great, but they shouldn't put so much emphasis on the whole action thing. With 5, it felt like they were too much trying to be like Gears of War and other similar games.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

re5 was good,but nothing special. I like the orginal games better,but that's just me.

Before Biohazard 5 I had not played a Biohazard game before only the Onimusha games which are awesome but Biohazard 5 got me to buy Biohazard 1, 2, 3 Biohazard Code Veronica & Biohazard 4 all the games are awesome but I don't think they could go back with out a loss in sales but Biohazard Code veronica & Biohazard 4 are my favorites theses games were action horror more like Onimusha series Biohazard 5 is not a action horror it is a action game with some slightly scary bosses Biohazard 6 I hope gets back to being a action horror.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

phinch1 said:
Resident evil zero should be remade with online, seen as you can control 2 characters at once, would be brilliant

RE zero was one of the best i played after remake, got to admit mikami really brought out survival horror in those two games

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Maybe half action/half horror. They did the right thing cutting the puzzles, making the bad guys faster, and changing the controls. They messed up by making it a 3rd person sci-fi shooter with no horror.

Make it scary. Make it fun. Since Dead Space 2 is going to be "Uncharted 2: Modern Warfare", maybe Res Evil 6 can be Dead Space? We'll see what the DLC content for RE5 looks like. Maybe it'll be what we're looking for..........

i have to say dead space brought out some sort of balance between survival horror and action adventure.

RareglovE said:
phinch1 said:

RE zero was one of the best i played after remake, got to admit mikami really brought out survival horror in those two games

Indeed those two games where amazing, I bought the gamecube for those two games alone, zero would be perfect for online co-op, Infact the graphics on those 2 games are still up to todays standards, they look fantastic

Cheebee said:
Hm, well, I think RE4 was a step in the right direction. A big step, it had a great balance between the survival horror thing and the action-adventure thing. However with 5 they seem to have gone overboard with the action thing imo. It's not really a Resident Evil anymore. Obviously they did it to appeal to a larger group of people, since the survival horror isn't really a broad genre these days, but in doing so they've kind of abandoned what made RE great in the 1st place. A 3rd person game like 4 is great, but they shouldn't put so much emphasis on the whole action thing. With 5, it felt like they were too much trying to be like Gears of War and other similar games.

when RE 4 first came out on the GC, i thought i was playing counter strike(cs)

no dout the direction re 4 went, revoulutiozes how third person game became what it is today. but still overall how RE5 went killed the franchise and buried it six feet under.

phinch1 said:
RareglovE said:
phinch1 said:

Indeed those two games where amazing, I bought the gamecube for those two games alone, zero would be perfect for online co-op, Infact the graphics on those 2 games are still up to todays standards, they look fantastic

i was just drawn to those two games, and how they were made, hats off to mikami. incorporating online mode in zero would be very good.

nen-suer said:
Barozi said:
nah they should split the series (again) and make one horror series and one action/co-op series.

I approve this message

on the horror side, ties into the main plot of the story, where as the action side gose over to the spin off side of the plot. inactual fact re4 and 5 should have been a spin off or side story. But thank you again CAPCOM for ruining it.