By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So is Mass Effect 2 the best looking 360 game?

CommonMan said:
aragod said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
Wagram said:
I agree with gears 2 being the best on the 360.

On consoles overall it is a tie between Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 for me < no need for that.

Killzone 2 - Technical Graphics wise
Uncharted 2 - Artistic Graphics wise

Quoted for sanity.

Seriously selnor, just wait for next game to overhype it's graphics. Last time it was Dante's Inferno as God of War on steroids, before that Alan Wake as Uncharted killer, before that Forza as GT killer. Both DI and Forza failed compared to the visuals of their rivals.

Also there is a difference between opinion and generaly acknowlaged fact. You thinking ME2 is the best looking console game is opinion. Uncharted 2 beeing the best looking console game is the fact. Deal with it.

I'm not the only one saying ME2 is the best. But it's all opinion anyway.

IMO, FM3 looks better than GT5P.

I never said DI had better graphics than GOW 3. I meant it looked more kick arse. ( Reviews have since said it's not ).

It's all opinion. But dont single me out with ME2. I'm one of many saying it.

It does not according to Truth of Lens and Digital Foundry.

I'd agree with you on ME2 beeing the best, just not in graphics. And stating it's the best looking console game is seriously distorted view with pink fanboy glasses on. Have you actually played and finished the game? I did on PC with max settings, I have BioWare account to prove that. And the game, while beeing great upgrade over the first, is not even better looking than Gears 2 (yes, it has more colors and overally colorful setting, but that only makes it more visually appealing, not better looking).

Hmmm. . . so you're not going to let this go? No matter what it's just absolutely wrong for a person to think this is the best looking game? Their opinions can't matter because of some absolute truth that you are the caretaker of and must defend with your e-life? Mass Effect 2 is the best-looking game I have ever played. Is it the most technically advanced game? Probably not, but that wasn't the question. As a package, best looking game EVAR! For me. My opinion. You will not change that.

You two are argueing over 2 serperate things. Aragod is speaking from a technical perspective as he raises Truth of Lens and Digital Foundry which really break down each game right down to pixels and how advanced the shaders and effects used are. Commongod seems to be speaking from an artistic perspective which is far more subjective and open to opinion.

Around the Network

So is Mass Effect 2 the best looking 360 game?

for me: 

so far it is :D

its deffo best looking 360 game.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Nope.
ME1 looks better. I'm unimpressed with the graphics

aragod said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
Wagram said:

On consoles overall it is a tie between Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 for me < no need for that.

Quoted for sanity.

Seriously selnor, just wait for next game to overhype it's graphics. Last time it was Dante's Inferno as God of War on steroids, before that Alan Wake as Uncharted killer, before that Forza as GT killer. Both DI and Forza failed compared to the visuals of their rivals.

Also there is a difference between opinion and generaly acknowlaged fact. You thinking ME2 is the best looking console game is opinion. Uncharted 2 beeing the best looking console game is the fact. Deal with it.

I never said DI had better graphics than GOW 3. I meant it looked more kick arse. ( Reviews have since said it's not ).

I'd agree with you on ME2 beeing the best, just not in graphics. And stating it's the best looking console game is seriously distorted view with pink fanboy glasses on. Have you actually played and finished the game? I did on PC with max settings, I have BioWare account to prove that. And the game, while beeing great upgrade over the first, is not even better looking than Gears 2 (yes, it has more colors and overally colorful setting, but that only makes it more visually appealing, not better looking).

@ bold part: What do you say about this then?

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7971/forza3.png 

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6746/gt5p.png

Anyway, ME2 looks great for what it is, but I don't like comparing it to other games, simply because it has another focus than a lot of other games who are mainly focussed on graphics. For the record, the art style is amazing, and I like it more than a lot of other games. Other than that, I won't comment.

Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
CommonMan said:
aragod said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
Wagram said:

Quoted for sanity.

Hmmm. . . so you're not going to let this go? No matter what it's just absolutely wrong for a person to think this is the best looking game? Their opinions can't matter because of some absolute truth that you are the caretaker of and must defend with your e-life? Mass Effect 2 is the best-looking game I have ever played. Is it the most technically advanced game? Probably not, but that wasn't the question. As a package, best looking game EVAR! For me. My opinion. You will not change that.

You two are argueing over 2 serperate things. Aragod is speaking from a technical perspective as he raises Truth of Lens and Digital Foundry which really break down each game right down to pixels and how advanced the shaders and effects used are. Commongod seems to be speaking from an artistic perspective which is far more subjective and open to opinion.

But a point worth noting. Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth never take much into consideration. What do I mean? Huge Vista, draw distance and amount of actual modeled 3d detail. FM3 for instance destroys GT5P in these things. But they only take into account, rsolution, framerates etc. Disregarding how much more the actual game is handling. Same with ME2. It has the biggest sof any game out there.Again my opinion. But saying x game has 720p and y game has 1280x180 is not what is better technically. Many devs could do 1080p if they cut alot of draw distance and detailed objects. This is where DF and LOT fail miserably.So as a whole package, ME2 is my fave looking console game of all time. And no, fanboy is gonna change mine or 30 reviewers opinion.

no i think its one of the best looking game period! The graphics is sublime!

but I think dis year, Alan Wake and Splinter cell will be the best looking game of all time, unless anything after that beats it?

selnor said:
Scoobes said:
CommonMan said:
aragod said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
Wagram said:

Quoted for sanity.

But a point worth noting. Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth never take much into consideration. What do I mean? Huge Vista, draw distance and amount of actual modeled 3d detail. FM3 for instance destroys GT5P in these things. But they only take into account, rsolution, framerates etc. Disregarding how much more the actual game is handling. Same with ME2. It has the biggest sof any game out there.Again my opinion. But saying x game has 720p and y game has 1280x180 is not what is better technically. Many devs could do 1080p if they cut alot of draw distance and detailed objects. This is where DF and LOT fail miserably.So as a whole package, ME2 is my fave looking console game of all time. And no, fanboy is gonna change mine or 30 reviewers opinion.

Errm... actually they do take these things into consideration. Technically, Mass Effect 2 isn't the most amazing acheivement out there (although it is very good). It's an artistic marvel but I've seen better in a number of departments including huge vistas, line of sight, animation, lighting, textures and modelled 3D detail. The whole package looks wonderful but not a single element really sticks out in my mind when I think about the graphics. It's all been done before and better (visually).

What actually sticks out is how much better the game runs compared to the original whilst improving on the originals visuals. I especially loved it when Tali and Garrus started having a conversation about the old elevator trips they used to take!

Scoobes said:
selnor said:
Scoobes said:
CommonMan said:
aragod said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
Wagram said:

Quoted for sanity.

Errm... actually they do take these things into consideration. Technically, Mass Effect 2 isn't the most amazing acheivement out there (although it is very good). It's an artistic marvel but I've seen better in a number of departments including huge vistas, line of sight, animation, lighting, textures and modelled 3D detail. The whole package looks wonderful but not a single element really sticks out in my mind when I think about the graphics. It's all been done before and better (visually).

What actually sticks out is how much better the game runs compared to the original whilst improving on the originals visuals. I especially loved it when Tali and Garrus started having a conversation about the old elevator trips they used to take!

Thats great. And you are entitled to your opinion with the many that side with you on this. But likewise I am entitled to mine. eand the many who agree with me .