By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So is Mass Effect 2 the best looking 360 game?

Videogirl said:
gamelover2000 said:
someone post some screenshots of the Xbox 360 version.. so far I have seen no gameplay of the 360 version to judge

Here are some gameplay vid :

are you kidding me?resident evil 5 kills this in graphics.so does modern warfare 2 and dirt 2.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
Videogirl said:
gamelover2000 said:
someone post some screenshots of the Xbox 360 version.. so far I have seen no gameplay of the 360 version to judge

Here are some gameplay vid :

are you kidding me?resident evil 5 kills this in graphics.so does modern warfare 2 and dirt 2.

What?????I own the so called superior 360 RE5, and ME2 is quite a few leagues ahead in visuals. RE5 was good when it came out. But not near ME2.

No... Gears 2 is the best looking game on 360.

@selnor

i m watching both and I think RE5 and Gear 2 are far superior to ME2 in terms of pure graphics.

Most of surface textures are flat.but the game is rpg and open world,,,is it not?so it's not fair to compare them.

MW2? MW2 looks good but I have to dock points for it being sub HD. ME2 is significant jump over ME1. The texture quality puts ME1 to shame as does the frame rate and lighting. The character models have been improved as well. Compare the default Shepard model from ME1 to Shepard in ME2. I didn't do it with my first Shepard but I've done it on each on sense. When I import them from ME1, I recreate their look in ME2.

Around the Network

On 360 I still think Gears is king. The textures in Gears are amazing even if they sometimes need to load in. My issue with ME2 is the animation (inc facial) isn't state of the art. Also it has loads of jaggies. Plus there are other games such as Resi 5 and Batman and others too which feature better graphics in some ways (such as in the implementation of AA).

Played Uncharted 2 again last night and that is king on console.

Garnett said:
selnor said:
Hell yes. It's the best on any console IMO. Animations are in a field of their own. But it's the whole presentaton as a package that nothing else touches. Amazing.

This ^

Its the best looking console game.

are you actualy being serious?

I understand it may be an amazing game and very good looking as well but ,the best game on any console?

Thats just taking it way tooooo farrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Uncharted 2 still comfortably rules the roost and mass effect 2 is certainly not as good looking.I undersatnd you love the game but ,thats taking it way ,way ,way too far.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

SpartanFX said:
@selnor

i m watching both and I think RE5 and Gear 2 are far superior to ME2 in terms of pure graphics.

Most of surface textures are flat.but the game is rpg and open world,,,is it not?so it's not fair to compare them.

Owning both, RE5 loses on ALL textures, lighting and effects. It's quite a difference to. My TV is a Full HD 2,000,000 : 1 LED Samsung 40" HDTV.

ME2 looks alot more advance in reality.

"Best looking" is very ... hmm ... personal thing. Art style is more important then "pure" graphics. If you like the art style you will like the graphics, if you don't like the art style even the best technical game will not impress you.

selnor said:
Hell yes. It's the best on any console IMO. Animations are in a field of their own. But it's the whole presentaton as a package that nothing else touches. Amazing.

Hell yes, also my oppinion. !!! :) LOVE THIS GAME !