By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The moderation system on this website is flawed

Notice how there are no national teams anywhere and that they hold their own "world championship" in this sport. It's a joke, and the world is laughing.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
What a boring discussion. Football? Soccer?

Hockey is so much better.

I believe everyone here agrees with me when I say...

lol, jk Euphoria you know we love you (except you and your Canadian loving ways AKA hockey)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Euphoria14 said:
What a boring discussion. Football? Soccer?

Hockey is so much better.

I love Air Hockey.

Poor Bob Barker... I think someone forgot to spay and neuter the sports talk... :P

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

N.Genckel said:
Notice how there are no national teams anywhere and that they hold their own "world championship" in this sport. It's a joke, and the world is laughing.

Actually its more because there's so many variations of the same sport, no one could play other countries because they have differences in how they play the game.  Soccer however is fairly universal in how it's played, there isn't much you can do to change it up. 

For me I do side with soccer here, though I'm biased since I love playing it and watching it, and I think pro football is rather boring (most pro teams seem to lose the passion with the exception of a few teams like the Saints), yet pro soccer is entertaining as hell. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Right ... or maybe it's because you are a selfcentered bunch of nationalists, worshipping a sport most of the world think is a joke. Even the name of the sport is hilarious. The name was already taken, and the ball is much more in the hand, than by the feet, yet the Americans felt like they should steal the name. Hilarious bunch of little rascals.

N.Genckel said:
Right ... or maybe it's because you are a selfcentered bunch of nationalists, worshipping a sport most of the world think is a joke. Even the name of the sport is hilarious. The name was already taken, and the ball is much more in the hand, than by the feet, yet the Americans felt like they should steal the name. Hilarious bunch of little rascals.

Actually no http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_football which is European, and the origins of American football

The name is dumb. You only use your foot during a kickoff or a punt, so it should be kickoffball or puntball. But really it should just be called touchdownball, since that is the goal, to touch the ball down in the end zone. Endzoneball might work too. I prefer the name basketball, since the name itself tells you the goal is to put a ball in a basket.

I'll stick with Aussie Rules thanks.

High scoring, tactical, free flowing, no pads.

It's a great spectator sport. Not too good for the knees if you're playing though.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I can't wait until the Winter Olympics start!