By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The moderation system on this website is flawed

dunno001 said:
oldschoolfool said:
Euphoria14 said:

You act that way only because you know I speak the truth.

Baseball + Hockey > All

My daughters first 2 sentences will be:

"Let's go Penguins!"

and

"Let's go Mets!"

Unfortunately just like me she will have at least one of those teams let her down on an annual basis.

someone watches hockey?

I was familiar with the Mets, but New York has a hockey team? I guess that's news to me, despite living in the state for 25 years or so...

New York has two hockey teams: the Rangers and the Islanders. Unless, of course, you are talking about New York state - which has three; The two aforementioned teams plus the Buffalo Sabres.

I was under the impression that, while hockey is no where as large as other major sports, it was relatively popular in northeastern United States. Hell, both the Bruins and the Rangers (and to an extent, the Islanders) have quite the storied histories. I could be wrong though. I've been to neither of those places nor know anyone from there.

*sigh* I would love to live near/in an NHL city.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, those teams. I did have access to NYC channels, but I was between there and Albany, and with Albany being a tad closer (and occasionally actually covering my county), we always watched that channel. So I tend to forget about a lot of the teams for what are considered by some to be the smaller sports.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

the old football debate,ha

football(soccer) is my religion and it is a beautiful game watch a full nou camp take a team to pieces and you'll understand,

but i also watch american football and love baseball when they are on english tv,i also love test cricket when england are playing anyway,

there is no doubt that naz is right when he says gridiron is the most strategic/tactical sport,you cannot argue with that,it's unbelievable

@naz football is also a battle and very strategic there is alot of ground to cover,if you don't know what you are doing in football you will be destroyed by the opposition,

all team sports have tactics and strategy it's the nature of the beast and why we sports fans love them so much,i don't include rugby because it is the most boring sport in the world and i wouldn't watch it,if you paid me,sorry rugby fans,and that comes form someone who loves test cricket,lol,which i guess most people think is very boring

anyway i will be watching the superbowl tonight on the BBC with no adverts,what do you think about that americans,it's a real pleasure without adverts watching baseball and gridiron,don't think i could handle it with adverts all the time,which i assume you get,but then your used to it by now,

may the best team win on the day,good luck

Above & Beyond

MontanaHatchet said:
Holy crap at this thread. Dickish behavior all around, even from people who are supposed to be models to the members. It's one thing to talk trash and have a good time, but the behavior in this thread (from dozens of different people) is just despicable. I'll cheer as hard as the next guy, but it's just sports. Calm down guys. For fuck's sake.

And all the different sports are good in their own way. If you enjoy one sport over another, good for you. It's a free world, you're allowed to do that. Personally, I like Soccer the most, but I will be watching the Superbowl. I have that choice because I live in a free country and I have a TV. Sue me.

Somebody that speaks the truth I love my soccer, but I mean its just fun hanging with friends watching a big game even if you don't like pro football like myself lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ah, the old America vs the world sports debate. 

Since it seems most of the non-American sports fans have the most difficulty in understanding the nuances of the other sport, I'll work from for that angle.

We've already heard of the strategy element involved but many are noting that it's too scripted.  Only the initial play called is scripted.  Once the ball is in the hands of the receiver or running back, it's all ad libbed from there.   That player then makes decisions toward the 1st down marker, sideline, goal line, etc... based on factors such as defensive scheme, offensive blockers, game clock, etc....   There are also a larger number of rules at play that require a balance of aggression and restraint to keep from violating them. The Quarterback must read the defensive scheme at the line and either stick with the play called or call an audible which changes the play right there.  The defense also has a play caller (but this can be a linebacker or safety instead of always just the 1 position like on offense) who calls out the defensive schemes and ensure proper player positioning and coverages.   Both sides call plays based on field position, game clock/play clock, player positioning, score, etc...

You can't play American Football at a pro level without some intelligence due to the vast number of intricacies involved.

Soccer (or whichever moniker your nation uses) works much more like American Football once the receiver/running back has the ball - as in less of a script.    Both sports take intelligence and fast thinking.   Claiming one doesn't while the other does just shows how little of the other sport you know.

With regards to the rugby vs American Football full contact issue.  Well, there isn't one.  Any Rugby player that wishes to donate their body to the debate and play full contact American Football without pads would be treated with great respect and the best our healthcare or morticians can treat him with.   Fighter pilots deal with up to 9 G's of force but NFL players experience impacts of 150 G's.  I shouldn't need to explain what that kind damage an impact of that mangitude can do to your internal organs or bones without the pads so I think we all understand their necessity now.

Metallicube said:
I'm an American, and yet I can't really see the big deal people in this country see in football. There is far more standing around in huddles and making plays than actually PLAYING. Though the superbowl is sort of exciting to watch I guess. But soccer is even more boring IMO.

Baseball > Basketball >>>>>> Hockey > Football >>>>>> Soccer

Hang on....did you just knock American Football for its low volume actual gameplay and then state that Baseball was the best sport?  Do you not understand the irony here?  Consider how much actual play time is involved with a Baseball game.   Less than half a second per pitch and then another 2-3 seconds after IF the player hits the ball.  Now do the math to see how actual game time is spent versus actual clock time.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

HOW BOUT THEM SAINTS?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

LOL! THE COLTS JUST GOT TROLLED!

Not to change my tune or anything, but that was pretty badass. Let the gloating commence for those who deserve it.

MontanaHatchet said:
LOL! THE COLTS JUST GOT TROLLED!

Not to change my tune or anything, but that was pretty badass. Let the gloating commence for those who deserve it.

That would be me thanks!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Gratz to the Saints, a well-earned win from the team that played the game better.

great game,

obviously i don't follow american football closely,only get to watch games when they are shown on channel 5,so i never realised that new orleans were the other best team in the NFL,til i saw all the build up,

good stuff from the saints in dealing with the colts,i think the saints kicker should get a special mention for keeping them in the game with his field goals and getting the onside kick just right,give that man a ring

and what a great stage that was that the who played on,amazing lighting

gotta love the way americans put on a show

Above & Beyond