By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sony definitively coming back now?

Mediocrity compared to their previous crushing PS2 sales, perhaps. That is assuming you're talking about sales which you must, because Sony's quality never diminished. Their developers have great games comin' out the wazoo, and show no signs of stopping. They can rival anyone in the business gameswise.

Around the Network

No

1.ps3 has no game, but now they do so games dont matter

2.ps3 sales are luck luster but now their sales are fine so sales dont matter

3.sony dont make profit but now they are so profit dont matter

4.trend continues.

To sum it up Sony is still doomed.

Twistedpixel said:
Coming back to what exactly?

To some level of success, i would think that if sony could reach that -for me anyway-, then this definition would be met.  So, can it reach 2nd?

Ping_ii said:

No

1.ps3 has no game, but now they do so games dont matter

2.ps3 sales are luck luster but now their sales are fine so sales dont matter

3.sony dont make profit but now they are so profit dont matter

4.trend continues.

To sum it up Sony is still doomed.

yep ;P

supercat said:

The success of the slim design, recent profits, greater access to developers, etc all point in the PS3's favor.  Does this mean that things are past a tipping point, where Sony can no end the race in third place?   Or, will MS's natal project wreck all of this and send the PS3 back to the mediocrity that it has known for until lately?        

Mediocrity? Unless you mean sales, which 99% of gamers don't care about, then

Around the Network

SONY left?

4 ≈ One

indodude said:
supercat said:

The success of the slim design, recent profits, greater access to developers, etc all point in the PS3's favor.  Does this mean that things are past a tipping point, where Sony can no end the race in third place?   Or, will MS's natal project wreck all of this and send the PS3 back to the mediocrity that it has known for until lately?        

Mediocrity? Unless you mean sales, which 99% of gamers don't care about, then

I wouldnt say that gamers care about sales, but developers will support platforms that make the sales, so there is an indirect need to fulfill that.  Come on.

@Dgc1808

apparently so O.o

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

One supercat said:
Twistedpixel said:
Coming back to what exactly?

To some level of success, i would think that if sony could reach that -for me anyway-, then this definition would be met.  So, can it reach 2nd?

One could argue that Sony is already successful at present, whether they reach 2nd or not.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

If you mean on a week by week basis, then sure, but this has little bearing over the long haul. That's why we have total WW HW & SW so that you can actually measure how successful each is, and not have to worry with these inexact arguments.