By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BFBC2 was...uhhhhhhhh oh dear

i was a big fan of bad company 1 and i also liked this demo alot.. Im not so sure i like some of the changes but ill get use to them

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:
canceled my per-order after the beta, god I hope they don't ever ever ever refer to this game for battlefield 3, not even the destruction.

It's clear they want a chunk of MW2 crowd, so the dumbed the crap down of battlefield.

Bad company 1 remains the closet thing to a battlefield game consoles will ever see, and even that's still a far cry.

What was wrong with it?

easily the worst class system implemented in a class based shooter, they might as well just let you choose anything and just made them custom loadouts, no health, stupid re-gen, no knife, gernade spam, graphics are crap (no that's no cammo -_-), controls are funky, damage system takes a page outta MW2's book. Now in no way did I expect this to be BF3, but I did expect it to better than MW2, still a battlefield experience,

bad company 1 problem was it didn't have nearly as much content as expected from a battlefield game, I thought bad company 2 would just add that content, but nope, a whole new game, seeing how EA were so gung-ho about beating MW2 I should I probly expected something was up. They made a battlefield game that the MW2 guy would enjoy, Not a battlefield game for Battlefield gamers, as the op has said, this isn't for the core gamer.

Im a little confused. "no health" what that mean?

"stupid re-gen", means that health regenerates? I dont like that.

grenade spam - means u got many grenades (and not just 2 or3)? I love grenades though

"no knife" - who cares

"graphics are crap" - you need new glasses

"controls are funky" - okay, but maybe i'ts becuase u play on a console?

little box or bar that lets you know this is how much health you have, yeah thats gone, you get that really gay bloody screen that obscures your vision -_-,

yes health regenerates ....... FULLY it takes longer than MW2 but dammit, get shot a few, pop behind a wall, and presto full health again -_-

it makes the medic almost useless, throwing health packs for what???? so you can t-bag them until your fake  screen blood clears up???

greande spam- you only get one grenage <--- made me rage, and you can't hold it as to strategicly throw it, as soon as you hit the grenade button out files your freaking hand, <--- made me rage even more, if you accedently hit the grende button then you risk killing yourself.

DUDE the knife is one the best weapons in battlefield, extremely handy in a tight situation, with it where it became irreplaceable. now all you get is the melee action, and even it is flawed.

dude graphics are crap, only thing it has better than bad company 1 is lighting, textures are no better than BF2, but battlefield never needed graphics, and then they screwed the gameplay

that's probably true, but heard the same thing from the people who played the pc version, on top of all my other complaints, look man I speaking only for myself though, you should try it out and see for yourself.

I played the demo. It was so slow, confusing, and boring that I just gave up and went back to Modern Warfare 2. What's so great about Bad Company 2? WHAT?!!

gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:
canceled my per-order after the beta, god I hope they don't ever ever ever refer to this game for battlefield 3, not even the destruction.

It's clear they want a chunk of MW2 crowd, so the dumbed the crap down of battlefield.

Bad company 1 remains the closet thing to a battlefield game consoles will ever see, and even that's still a far cry.

What was wrong with it?

easily the worst class system implemented in a class based shooter, they might as well just let you choose anything and just made them custom loadouts, no health, stupid re-gen, no knife, gernade spam, graphics are crap (no that's no cammo -_-), controls are funky, damage system takes a page outta MW2's book. Now in no way did I expect this to be BF3, but I did expect it to better than MW2, still a battlefield experience,

bad company 1 problem was it didn't have nearly as much content as expected from a battlefield game, I thought bad company 2 would just add that content, but nope, a whole new game, seeing how EA were so gung-ho about beating MW2 I should I probly expected something was up. They made a battlefield game that the MW2 guy would enjoy, Not a battlefield game for Battlefield gamers, as the op has said, this isn't for the core gamer.

Im a little confused. "no health" what that mean?

"stupid re-gen", means that health regenerates? I dont like that.

grenade spam - means u got many grenades (and not just 2 or3)? I love grenades though

"no knife" - who cares

"graphics are crap" - you need new glasses

"controls are funky" - okay, but maybe i'ts becuase u play on a console?

little box or bar that lets you know this is how much health you have, yeah thats gone, you get that really gay bloody screen that obscures your vision -_-,

yes health regenerates ....... FULLY it takes longer than MW2 but dammit, get shot a few, pop behind a wall, and presto full health again -_-

it makes the medic almost useless, throwing health packs for what???? so you can t-bag them until your fake  screen blood clears up???

greande spam- you only get one grenage <--- made me rage, and you can't hold it as to strategicly throw it, as soon as you hit the grenade button out files your freaking hand, <--- made me rage even more, if you accedently hit the grende button then you risk killing yourself.

DUDE the knife is one the best weapons in battlefield, extremely handy in a tight situation, with it where it became irreplaceable. now all you get is the melee action, and even it is flawed.

dude graphics are crap, only thing it has better than bad company 1 is lighting, textures are no better than BF2, but battlefield never needed graphics, and then they screwed the gameplay

that's probably true, but heard the same thing from the people who played the pc version, on top of all my other complaints, look man I speaking only for myself though, you should try it out and see for yourself.

Haha your post is funny. Rage... ^^

I think you have some valid points. Im afraid I won't like it. :/

I hate auto-regen health.

Twistedpixel said:

I don't see anything wrong with the visuals.

they arnt great at all in that photo, and in action its even worse!

haha look at that helicopter 

Around the Network

I only got to play one match yesterday, but I had great fun. I was never an avid BF player though, but the whole feel of the game is very good. The chaos, the feel of the weapons.

It's just awesome.

chingrin said:
no it doesn't look better on 360. but that's not to say it's bad by any means. I played the crap out of the beta and was sad when it ended. I loved it. IMO it plays nothing like MW2. playing MAG right now and will have so split my time with BC2 when it comes out.

I've played both versions now on both systems and the 360 does run better (graphically look exactly the same though) but still far from great tbh, both have major screen tear, slowdown and loooooads of jaggies, it also feels very slow and clunky due to it running at 30FPS, this is one of those games that NEED to run at 60FPS as the controls are very important in games like this.

I still LOVE the game though, playing the demo non stop, just wish it was a bit smoother with less screen tear, puts me off big time!

And HOW ON EARTH can anyone say this is like MW2 in the slightest?!?!? you couldn't get more different games if you tried! I love MW2 but they both play completly different from each other, the maps on BFBC2 are huggggge and the vehicles are fantastic!

gamings_best said:
Slimebeast said:
gamings_best said:

What was wrong with it?

Wow! Your post is really retarded. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1. The health only regenerates to like 25%. What the hell do you think they have the medic class for?

2. What do you mean "no knife"? Did you try pressing R2(PS3) or RB(360)?

3. Grenade spam? You have like one grenade and that's few for a fps. Normally you have at least two. In killzone 2 you have 3, in Halo 3 you have 6, in MW2 you have 3(special grenades included).

Either you didn't play the demo and only came here to troll or you're just a retard.

I'm a huuuuge Battlefield-fan. I've played the games since the first one came out. I've spent more than a thousand hours on these games and I'm looking forward to BC2 a hell lot. It's still a Battlefield experience no matter how you look at it, huge maps, tactical play, vehicles and plenty of variation.

Hmm guess i'm the only one who thought the demo was great.

the game is a million miles better than Mw2...which sucked horribly at balancing

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Hmm guess i'm the only one who thought the demo was great.

the game is a million miles better than Mw2...which sucked horribly at balancing

Totally agree!

Disagree, it's not better than MW2, it is very different, I can't compare them at all but I do love both games!