By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 is selling well in Europe.

I hooked into the UK PSN store. And I'm working on downloading all the HD comercials. Some of those comercials, just make me want to buy a PS3... agian :D The american comercials make me say... dude... wtf was that? "Dude, wtf was that." Basically makes me not wanna buy it. Some of the european comercials are really neat... Although their done in the same way most of the american ones are tho... That sucks. :( I swear, I couldnt think of a worse way to sell the consoles, than they are doing. Sony is really doing a horrible job with PR/Press/Advertisements. Europe was by far better than America tho... But still *way* below the 'sales appeal' of the Wii ones.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

ehhh..... the grenade thing ? .... best commercial ever!!!!!

I was meaning the power one, with the "speed cups" or whatever. That's just freakish fast... But the grenade this... is weird... but entertaining. (10x better than the american ones tho)

I didn't see any PS3-commercial here in germany. Probably because a group of tv-stations has an exclusive advertisement-contract with sony about the ps3 (why the hell make someone commercials exclusive?) I watch this tv-stations, but i missed totally about the commercials. Could be that I play too much console-games, instead of watching tv. Anyways, I saw about the ps3-launch in the news. Short time before the ps3-launch was the CEBIT (an exhibition for entertainment-electronics) and the ps3 was shown there. The news reflected it too. And last but not least: everyone was waiting for the ps3.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said: I didn't see any PS3-commercial here in germany. Probably because a group of tv-stations has an exclusive advertisement-contract with sony about the ps3 (why the hell make someone commercials exclusive?) I watch this tv-stations, but i missed totally about the commercials. Could be that I play too much console-games, instead of watching tv. Anyways, I saw about the ps3-launch in the news. Short time before the ps3-launch was the CEBIT (an exhibition for entertainment-electronics) and the ps3 was shown there. The news reflected it too. And last but not least: everyone was waiting for the ps3.
I'm an american. :P If you got a PS3, you can download them I think. I didnt sign up for the german PSN store because it's in german, and I have too much trouble reading it. Might make a german account just to see what's there tho.

Around the Network

We should be able to judge better how the PS3 is doing in Europe when we see May's sales information. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Hey Kwaad... is this threads title a statement, query or just a quip? You start with the title, then ignore it completely?? ;? Its (relatively) not selling well in Europe - I can't remember the last time there was any launch without a sellout? But then to be fair, it does have a lot more hardware available... Saw some of the ads here in Australia - personally I find them a bit wanky/pretentious - thought some of the PS2 ads were more creative. We also have HUGE posters all over the place that say "POWERFUL ... INTELLIGENT" . I thought "LARGE HOT EXPENSIVE" was more apt, but hey.. :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said: Hey Kwaad... is this threads title a statement, query or just a quip? You start with the title, then ignore it completely?? ;? Its (relatively) not selling well in Europe - I can't remember the last time there was any launch without a sellout? But then to be fair, it does have a lot more hardware available... Saw some of the ads here in Australia - personally I find them a bit wanky/pretentious - thought some of the PS2 ads were more creative. We also have HUGE posters all over the place that say "POWERFUL ... INTELLIGENT" . I thought "LARGE HOT EXPENSIVE" was more apt, but hey.. :)
LMAO it only set records in UK France Austria...

in Austria record ? never !!!!!!!! i live in austria - do you ?

How could you possibly take a launch weekend where it did not sell out even though it had, as you have stated, finally received great games as 'selling well in Europe'. It's barely been a week. I can't wait for Mid April. Ya know why. So you can eat your words with the march madness you predicted a hundred times over about Sony's great games finally coming and the start of ps3 dominance, etc, etc. Sony didn't even sale half of the units they claimed they would by end of March. I know there are still a few days left. Maybe 3m will sale. I thought they would at least get to 4.5m. Wow was I wrong. PS3 isn't selling well anywhere. Japan crap. NA crap. EU to early to tell, wait for April.