By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Photo Channel Update Coming

As long as it doesn't stop the games using MP3s, I don't have many AAC files (don't have an ipod)...the few i have were because i copied them from a friend who has an ipod. (this was before i knew ipods used a different file type, so i was annoyed when i couldn't play them on my own MP3 player)

Around the Network

I don't use it to play music files, either, but it's still pretty silly to simply remove support that's already there.

Also, famousringo, you can pretty much forget about gerenal iTMS support. The majority of available music on the iTMS are DRM protected, and the chance of that ever working on the Wii is next to nothing. iTunes Plus files will work, though.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:
I don't use it to play music files, either, but it's still pretty silly to simply remove support that's already there.

Also, famousringo, you can pretty much forget about gerenal iTMS support. The majority of available music on the iTMS are DRM protected, and the chance of that ever working on the Wii is next to nothing. iTunes Plus files will work, though.

I don't think you understand me, I'm not talking about moving iTunes files from my computer to my Wii, I'm talking about an actual iTMS Wii channel. This would obviously require a deal between Apple and Nintendo. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense, either, but yanking MP3 support for AAC only is very peculiar.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

I don't think you understand me, I'm not talking about moving iTunes files from my computer to my Wii, I'm talking about an actual iTMS Wii channel. This would obviously require a deal between Apple and Nintendo. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense, either, but yanking MP3 support for AAC only is very peculiar.

Apple had such a deal with Motorola and the ROKR... and now they have launched their own phone. They also have their own STB, and are starting to position both the iPod and the iPhone as (very, very casual) gaming machines.

It's not impossible, but I don't think it'd be a great deal for either party. Despite the fact that they both like glossy white, the biggest similarity between both companies is that they're almost in the same markets - or at least, they're fighting for the same dollars.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.