By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

Well there's now a 1up review of the game as well:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3177812

grade: C- (which is equal to a 42 according to metacritic) ouch...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Rei said:
BladeOfGod said:
akuseru said:
Boutros said:
Rainbird said:
Oh snap. But look at it from the bright side Boutros, now you can move Heavy Rain up a place in your sig.

ahah yeah.

speaking of your sig, nice to see where you put GOW3 =p lolol

OT: I'll get WKC no matter what... only, I wish it had Japanese VO as an option. Still I think it looks awesome. Always have, always will. Kinda like when I first laid my eyes on the Demon's Souls trailers and such. I felt 'I need this game'. WKC is a game that sticks in my mind and I really want to play it! I have the Japanese version though, hehe..

Screw the reviewers btw. most reviewers these days are very unprofessional..

Final Fantasy XIII recived tons of medicore scores from japanese reviewers

One of us must be living in an alternative reality, because in my world FFXIII has got 39/40 from Famitsu, 85 metascore and amazing reception amongst japanese gamers who played it (naming it 2nd best game of 2009)

& dengeki gave it 100/100 saying it deserved 120

It got voted the best game of all time in Famitsu

FFXIII's japanese reception is nothing short of amazing, anyone who thinks otherwise has clearly not researched properly.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The reviews from this game are ridiculous. I have officially put 20hrs into this game and it is fun and exciting. Im loving the combat system. You can actually form your own combos/finishing moves then name them and add them to your pallette for easy use. Its pretty cool. The story is not the most intriguing, but then again most RPGs's stories dont WOW me except FF and Persona. I cant see how FFXII got rated so high yet this gets rated so low(I liked FFXII mind u although it wasnt exactly FF material).

This game doesnt have many faults to pick from. The game is utterly beautiful for a JRPG. The dialogue hasn't been excessively corny or irritating as of yet, my only gripe being the lip sync is completely off. Combat is Phenomenal but you do spend a lot of time in menus strategizing and equiping different skills and armor. Oh yea, you can see all the armor you have equiped unlike most JRPGs. Im trying to get a Power Rangers thing going on right now :)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

perpride said:
HAHAHAHA I WAS NEVER PLANNING ON BUYING THIS GAME LOL.

Sad score for a sad game which should have been here a year ago. F U for making us wait this long.

FFXIII FTW!

You seem to be enjoying this, but yeah FFXIII> WKC. At least SE knows how to write a compelling story.

The only point that Ryan Clements was 100% right on is the lip syncing.

Right now I'm getting frustrated with WKC because there isn't a wide variety of enemies in single areas. It's mostly it's Wasp type, Wolf type and a giant type.
The distance problem only happened to me about twice.

Everything else is just him a whining prick. He has said countless times that he loves Japan, the entire culture and loves JRPG's more than WRPG's, yet he bitches about the entire game's set up, story, battle system (he complained about having to wait in between actions in combat....)

Depending on action you take will affect who fast your circle recharges for your next command.

This game does have problems, but sure as hell is hot, this not a 5. It's not a 9 either.

Around the Network

Oh no! I missed the whole argument with BladeOfGod :(
Darn!

BladeOfGod said:
akuseru said:
Boutros said:
Rainbird said:
Oh snap. But look at it from the bright side Boutros, now you can move Heavy Rain up a place in your sig.

ahah yeah.

speaking of your sig, nice to see where you put GOW3 =p lolol

OT: I'll get WKC no matter what... only, I wish it had Japanese VO as an option. Still I think it looks awesome. Always have, always will. Kinda like when I first laid my eyes on the Demon's Souls trailers and such. I felt 'I need this game'. WKC is a game that sticks in my mind and I really want to play it! I have the Japanese version though, hehe..

Screw the reviewers btw. most reviewers these days are very unprofessional..

its funny because GOW3 will have better reviews than all of his games on his hype meter.

Final Fantasy XIII recived tons of medicore scores from japanese reviewers

White Knight Chronicles will probably end up with meta score of 60

He had Dark Void on his hype meter too, but that game ALSO got bad reviews

Its also good to mention that Uncharted 2 bas at BOTTOM of his hype metter.

I think he has very very bad taste when it comes to games

:O

No!

First of all, Uncharted 2 was at the top of my hype meter. (Proof: http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2702 )

Secondly, Final Fantasy XIII will be above 85 on metacritic. (But anyway who cares about scores) Most people will love it.

Dark Void was looking to be something awesome. I haven't played though so I still think it looks awesome

No comment on WKC lol

Boutros said:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1066138p1.html

It might be wise for people to temper their excitement for a game, until they actually get a chance to play it (At least not bring it into the ammo list in the fanboy console wars).  There is too much hypefest built up regarding a game, before it actually ends up hitting.  I am also a bit disappointed by what they said about the graphics.  The trailer I saw for it, had me believing the graphics were going to be off the hook awesome.  Shame the game didn't turn out this way.

BladeOfGod said:
2010 started real bad for PS3 exclusives. MAG sits at 79 metacritic, Heavy Rain doesnt have a single 10/10 score yet and White Knight Chronicles will is getting medicore and/or bad scores. 360 on the other hand already has 2 AAA titles this year. Bayoneta at 90, and Mass Effect at 96!!!!! (it has very good chances to be the highest rated game in 2010).

Its a sad year to be PS3 gamer :( GOW3 cant come soon enough

Why would Heavy Rain end up getting 10/10s unless it ends up resonating with a reviewer who falls in love with it?

@Boutros
i tought the open-mouthed sponge bob was the top of ur hype meter