By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

I'm still buying this. And LOL @ the damage control on the 360 side. Gotta love it...

Around the Network
Bruno Muñoz B said:
A shitty 5,1???? That's abysmal, IGN is known for being too generous with most of its reviews, this score in terms of HD games means that this game is almost shovelware. I simply cannot accept this review, only two pages with poor content, western reviewers should be banned form reviewing jrpg's.

i was thinking the same thing, they shouldnt review jrpgs anymore they just donnt uderstand them.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Stop listening to IGN and just play the games you want.

Geez people.

This

Where are you two kids from? If its from the west then by your own asinine rules your opinions on this subject are mute. Sorry that we are not all evolved enough to enjoy jrpg's like you two.

A diverse range of opinions and viewpoints is often seen as a good thing, of course others just like to hear their own thoughts regurgitated.

I have been playing WKC since December 2008 and the EX Edition since October which is identical to the International Edition and it is a very fun game offline & online there is a lot of people on the Japanese servers it is very much worth playing btw Famitsu gave it 29/40 when they reviewed the original version before the EX Edition was released and that did not stop a lot of Japanese people from getting the game I would give it a 7.5-8 out of ten myself but you have to play online to get the most out of the game the best Amour & Weapons are Gild Rank dependent so many hours of online play is a must.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

these reviewers should be very careful reviewing PS3 exclusives these days, if they value their lives.

On the one hand I want to go with the usual "JRPGs are underrated" mantra, but looking at the scores of Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls, I can't say I really believe that.

Sucks that the game seems to be even worse than I expected it to be. And the story apparently is downright bad, though I suppose that isn't unusual for Level 5.

I'll still be buying it, though. Almost everyone I play games with is getting it for the co-op, and I need a new co-op game.

Boutros said:
I refused to watch videos of it so far but I think I will now that my hype is dead.

It really hurted to see your foot edited. The good news is that I don't think you'll be disappointed with Heavy Rain.

Oh dear. This makes the Gamespot review look good.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The whole JRPGs are underrated and not meant for the dumb western reviewers argument is a joke. If this game got a good score people wouldn't be in here talking about how western game reviews don't get JRPGs. Its a lame argument for what is really going on. A game from a genre they like got a bad review and without ever playing it they have to come running to its defense because as "fans" they think its their duty.