By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 DLC/Games to Grab Before the 360 Store Closes July 2024

Hi everyone,

The Xbox 360 Store closes July 29. I will probably get an Xbox 360 S or E well before then to pick up some digital games (but stay for playing physical games). 

Now there are some on-going lists on different sites of what will be lost for purchase when the store closes (both Xbox 360 exclusive digital games and games or DLC that haven't been put on Xbox One). But I wanted to ask what you think is worth getting before the store closes.

Let's focus on games that aren't on Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S. If there are some backwards compatible titles you'd like to mention, make sure you clarify they are backwards compatible. 

I know there are a few South Park games trapped on the Xbox 360 Store.

Edit:

Here's the list of digital Xbox 360 games incompatible with later Xbox consoles, including ones that are true exclusives.

Digital Only 360 Games Launched Into The Sun in 2024 (google.com)

And for your convenience, I'll bold the ones bolded on the list. These are Xbox 360 exclusives that are digital only. 

0D Beat Drop

Arkadian Warriors

Battlezone

Blazing Birds

CrazyMouse

Crimson Alliance

Deadliest Warrior: Battlegrounds

Diabolical Pitch (Kinect)

Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons

Fire Pro Wrestling

Freefall Racers (Kinect)

Fruit Ninja Kinect

Full House Poker

Fusion: Genesis

Gel: Set & Match

Geon: Emotions

Haunt (Kinect)

Home Run Stars (Kinect)

Hybrid

JAM Live Music Arcade

Kinect Fun Labs: Air Band

Kinect Fun Labs: Avatar Kinect

Kinect Fun Labs: Battle Stuff

Kinect Fun Labs: Bobble Head

Kinect Fun Labs: Build A Buddy

Kinect Fun Labs: Googly Eyes

Kinect Fun Labs: I Am Super!

Kinect Fun Labs: Junk Fu

Kinect Fun Labs: Kinect Me

Kinect Fun Labs: Kinect Rush: Snapshot

Kinect Fun Labs: Kinect Sparkler

Kinect Fun Labs: Mars Rover Landing

Kinect Fun Labs: Musical Feet

Kinect Fun Labs: Mutation Station

Kinect Sports Gems: 10 Frame Bowling

Kinect Sports Gems: 3 Point Contest

Kinect Sports Gems: Boxing Fight

Kinect Sports Gems: Darts vs. Zombies

Kinect Sports Gems: Field Goal Contest

Kinect Sports Gems: Penalty Saver

Kinect Sports Gems: Ping Pong

Kinect Sports Gems: Prize Driver

Kinect Sports Gems: Reaction Rally

Kinect Sports Gems: Ski Race

Leedmees (Kinect)

Mini Ninjas Adventures (Kinect)

Panzer General: Allied Assault

Schizoid

Shooting Love 200X (Digital only NTSC-U + PAL + NTSC-J)

South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge

Spyglass Board Games

The Path of Go

Totemball

Wing Commander Arena

Wits & Wagers

Wreckateer (Kinect)

Yo-Ho Kablammo

Zombie Wranglers

Personal blurb: My brother has an Xbox 360 Elite and we even still have a beat-up hand-me down Xbox 360 Arcade (not gonna use it because it has no built-in Wi-Fi and the disc drive barely functions). So I have had some experience right at home with Xbox 360. Still, I've never made an Xbox Live account and plan on getting an Xbox one day. 

Last edited by Wman1996 - on 06 December 2023

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

I know LO and Blue Dragon are back compat but will they be taken off in July as well? I might grab a Series S in the next year and just wondering if I need to buy them before July or not? I have played them before but I no longer have the 360 discs and want to give them another run some time.



Blood_Tears said:

I know LO and Blue Dragon are back compat but will they be taken off in July as well? I might grab a Series S in the next year and just wondering if I need to buy them before July or not? I have played them before but I no longer have the 360 discs and want to give them another run some time.

The Xbox 360 Store Will Close July 2024, But You Can Keep Playing Your Favorite Games - Xbox Wire

Thankfully, the hundreds of Xbox 360 games purchasable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S will remain for sale. Of course, individual titles are not guaranteed to stay on in perpetuity. We know both current-gen games and older games can be delisted. 



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Naruto Rise of a Ninja and the Broken Bond.

Neither are on Xbox One/Series X or backwards compatible.

And both are fairly enjoyable titles in their own right.

Will follow this thread as I intend to close out my Xbox 360 collection.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 01 December 2023

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Wman1996 said:
Blood_Tears said:

I know LO and Blue Dragon are back compat but will they be taken off in July as well? I might grab a Series S in the next year and just wondering if I need to buy them before July or not? I have played them before but I no longer have the 360 discs and want to give them another run some time.

The Xbox 360 Store Will Close July 2024, But You Can Keep Playing Your Favorite Games - Xbox Wire

Thankfully, the hundreds of Xbox 360 games purchasable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S will remain for sale. Of course, individual titles are not guaranteed to stay on in perpetuity. We know both current-gen games and older games can be delisted. 

Thanks for the info. 



Around the Network

Anything on there worth getting if you want b/c or is everything on there now not b/c?





BasilZero said:

Anything on there worth getting if you want b/c or is everything on there now not b/c?

If you buy from the Xbox 360 store on an Xbox 360 console there are no guarantees that everything is backwards compatible.

If you buy it on the Xbox One/Xbox Series store, then it's guaranteed to be backwards compatible.

Would have been great if Microsoft just made the entire library of games backwards compatible, but that is a pipe dream due to licensing issues.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
BasilZero said:

Anything on there worth getting if you want b/c or is everything on there now not b/c?

If you buy from the Xbox 360 store on an Xbox 360 console there are no guarantees that everything is backwards compatible.

If you buy it on the Xbox One/Xbox Series store, then it's guaranteed to be backwards compatible.

Would have been great if Microsoft just made the entire library of games backwards compatible, but that is a pipe dream due to licensing issues.

Yes.

Another thing that's frustrating is if you buy an Xbox 360 game on the web browser, mobile app, or the subsequent consoles (One, Series X/S) I don't think it's guaranteed to show up on your download list on Xbox 360. However, the games will sometimes. 

I placed an order for an Xbox 360 E (hasn't shipped yet) but I'm very hesitant to even try buying a cheap digital game on anything else other than the Xbox 360 Store in case I can't even download it on 360. 



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Resident evil code veronica on PS3/Xbox 360 is the best version



Pemalite said:

If you buy from the Xbox 360 store on an Xbox 360 console there are no guarantees that everything is backwards compatible.

If you buy it on the Xbox One/Xbox Series store, then it's guaranteed to be backwards compatible.

Would have been great if Microsoft just made the entire library of games backwards compatible, but that is a pipe dream due to licensing issues.

Well I dont buy from within any console store, I buy online - but ya I dont have a xbox360, only a Series S (and I buy from the Microsoft store/xbox store lol).

I wish everything was b/c - most of my games are b/c games lol