Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New exclusive for Xbox Series X to be unveiled - 4k120fps

DonFerrari said:
V-r0cK said:
After seeing the type of games Dynamic Voltage Games make, nobody should be hyped for this unveil.

If they can make a somewhat decent game then 4k120fps will be very feasible on the console.

I hope its a game that will put it to the test.  I doubt you'd want the unveil of next gen's very first 4k/120fps game to look like an app game.



Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:
4K 120fps. WOW!! That is a great achievement. I don't think graphically intensive games like Gears, Uncharted, or anything like that will hit those marks. I do expect Forza to somehow though. I actually can't wait to see what Forza look like with that resolution and framerate.

To the contrary I think just about any 8th gen game could achieve 4K/120 fps on Series S.

I mean Gears 5 became 4K/60 fps with room to spare for Ultra settings. It could likely hit 4K/120 fps with X1 graphics settings. MS said they also want to achieve 4K/120 fps in MP.

Depends entirely on graphics quality.

4K/120fps in maxed out ray tracing metro exodus is a different beast to 4k/120fps in a small studio game.

Even an RTX Titan has almost no AAA titles maxed out or nearly maxed at 4k with 120fps.

It's that very reason why I bought a 1440p monitor at 144hz, cause I would enjoy that more than 4K at 60 even though my GPU is capable of that.



PS4 and PC gaming

 

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Zotac Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence Ram 3200 mhz
1TB Samsung Qvo SSD
Corsair Spec-Delta Case
Asus ROG B450-F Motherboard

vivster said:
That's cool and all, but how fast will it load???

Seconds :)



___________

V-r0cK said:
DonFerrari said:

If they can make a somewhat decent game then 4k120fps will be very feasible on the console.

I hope its a game that will put it to the test.  I doubt you'd want the unveil of next gen's very first 4k/120fps game to look like an app game.

It’s no big deal. In fact to most technical people it’s indie games that are more likely to hit these benchmarks 



___________

Cant say im exited . Or even wondering what it could be.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
vivster said:
That's cool and all, but how fast will it load???

Seconds :)

Ain't nobody got time for dat. Better buy a PS5.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
sales2099 said:

Seconds :)

Ain't nobody got time for dat. Better buy a PS5.

What a future we live in. Going from waiting minutes to comparing anything 10 seconds or less lol 



___________

ArchangelMadzz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

To the contrary I think just about any 8th gen game could achieve 4K/120 fps on Series S.

I mean Gears 5 became 4K/60 fps with room to spare for Ultra settings. It could likely hit 4K/120 fps with X1 graphics settings. MS said they also want to achieve 4K/120 fps in MP.

Depends entirely on graphics quality.

4K/120fps in maxed out ray tracing metro exodus is a different beast to 4k/120fps in a small studio game.

Even an RTX Titan has almost no AAA titles maxed out or nearly maxed at 4k with 120fps.

It's that very reason why I bought a 1440p monitor at 144hz, cause I would enjoy that more than 4K at 60 even though my GPU is capable of that.

I set the bar at 8th gen console graphics. PCs running 8th gen era games with maxed out graphics and ray tracing is something else.

Assuming the Series X is truly running Gears 5 at 4K/60 fps with Ultra settings. Gears 5 could likely run 4K/120 fps with X1 graphics settings.

I'm really just pointing out achieving 4K/120 fps can still result in impressive looking games. However, I can't imagine this exclusive project from an indie studio is going to be impressive unless MS is funding it.



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

V-r0cK said:
DonFerrari said:

If they can make a somewhat decent game then 4k120fps will be very feasible on the console.

I hope its a game that will put it to the test.  I doubt you'd want the unveil of next gen's very first 4k/120fps game to look like an app game.

Well if it isn`t unveiled by MS themselves I don`t see a problem if it ends up being bad.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Apparently, the gameplay has been revealed! Looks like the return of Ecco the Dolphin!

Yea, pretty much what I expected of a game that's gonna be running at 4k 120fps...



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread