Pictures of the GPD Win 2 prototype have hit the web these past few months, but GDP revealed the specs for its 2nd-generation handheld gaming PC just a few days ago. The new model has a bigger screen, a faster processor, and an improved keyboard to help set it apart from last year's model which you can currently pick up for around $400.
GPD has announced that the GPD Win 2 will sell for $599 during an Indieogogo campaign set to launch on or around January 15th. When the little computer hits retail stores in April, it’ll sell for around $699.
They gave some hinters on performance:
Some hands-on and gameplay:
- 6 inch, 1280 x 720 pixel capacitive touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Intel Core M3-7Y30 Kaby Lake processor with Intel HD 615 graphics
- 8GB of LPDDR3-1866 memory
- 128GB M.2 2242 SSD (user replaceable)
- microSD card slot
- 802.11ace WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Stereo speakers
- Dual 4,900 mAh batteries (9,800 mAh, 37.24Wh total)
- Dual vibration motors
- USB 3.0 Type-C, USB 3.0 Tyep-A, micro HDMI, 3.5mm audio.
- 162mm x 99mm x 25mm (6.4″ x 3.9″ x 1″)
- 460 grams (1 pound)
Looks expensive to me. EDIT: It is.