Here’s the list of features to be added with this Firmware update:
- ability to connect to the internet via Wifi hotspots that require authentification;
- post screenshots on social media;
- get news via the News feature;
- access the Nintendo eShop;
- play online;
- link a Nintendo Account to the console;
- use the Parental Controls app;
- redeem retail games on My Nintendo;
- Friend Codes;
- and more…
The Day 1 update will bring the Firmware of the Nintendo Switch to Ver. 2.0.0. Besides the aforementionned functionalities, it will also add a pretty neat feature: one that allows you to automatically turn on your TV when you put the Nintendo Switch into its dock. Sounds like HDMI-CEC to me.
About the Day 1 update, Nintendo doesn’t tell us how big it is, but specifies that it will take about 10 to 20 minutes to download it. Once downloaded, the update should take about 10 seconds to install.
And GameXplain obviously have a video already...
Really interested if that TV feature is HDMI-CEC