Quantcast
What games are in program for Zelda's future ?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games are in program for Zelda's future ?

spemanig said:
This'll be controversial, but after Zelda U, I'd be down with Aonuma making a Star Fox game. Like, an off rails, open solar system one.

It is controversial, because you want Star Zelda.

...Seriously though, I doubt Aonuma would be a good fit here. His Zelda games are rather slow-paced usually (edit: in fact they've become more and more slow-paced with each entry, and it looks like it's continuing on in Zelda Wii U), and slow-paced gameplay simply doesn't go well with Star Fox. Even if we're ditching the traditional formula in favor of a more open, expansive space game, it still has to be action packed all the way.



Around the Network
spemanig said

TH is being made by Grezzo, the OoT3D/MM3D guys.

IT IS?! I WAS FINALLY (sort of) RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!

spemanig said:
This'll be controversial, but after Zelda U, I'd be down with Aonuma making a Star Fox game. Like, an off rails, open solar system one.

Too bad Zero is probably going to kill Star Fox for another decade or so.



the_dengle said:

 

spemanig said:
This'll be controversial, but after Zelda U, I'd be down with Aonuma making a Star Fox game. Like, an off rails, open solar system one.

Too bad Zero is probably going to kill Star Fox for another decade or so.


Ugh, I know.



Well, this is new.

Read.

Zelda: Total War is clearly the next game in the series.



The Legend of Link where you play as Zelda.

The Legend of who ever Ganon wants to fuck where you play as Ganon. Hmm, that's probably also The Legend of Zelda then...



Around the Network

After Zelda Wii U, they're not gonna waist any time and begin planning Zelda NX. And if the Twilight Princess remake does come out for Wii U, I think we can also expect a Skyward Sword remake for NX somewhere down the road before Zelda NX comes out, mid to late console life span.

And that's all I can comfortably predict right now. Any other spin offs or remakes, they'll happen if they do, and if they don't, they don't.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

mZuzek said:
spemanig said:
This'll be controversial, but after Zelda U, I'd be down with Aonuma making a Star Fox game. Like, an off rails, open solar system one.

It is controversial, because you want Star Zelda.

...Seriously though, I doubt Aonuma would be a good fit here. His Zelda games are rather slow-paced usually (edit: in fact they've become more and more slow-paced with each entry, and it looks like it's continuing on in Zelda Wii U), and slow-paced gameplay simply doesn't go well with Star Fox. Even if we're ditching the traditional formula in favor of a more open, expansive space game, it still has to be action packed all the way.


No, I want Star Fox to evolve, like every other franchise did in that era outside of Star Fox. You know my desires for Star Fox. That's nothing like Zelda. Also, I do need to reiterate that I don't want this kind of game to replace arcade Star Fox, the same way I don't want top-down Zelda replaced by 3D Zelda or sidescrolling Metroid to be replaced by Prime/a 3rd person Metroid. All I want is an evolution of the concept too. Also. As well. On top of.

I don't think it nessecarily does. Like, obviously it needs to have fast paced action, but there's no reason it couldn't slow down through space exploration as well. I brought up Aonuma for Star Fox because his formula for Wind Waker in terms of gameplay would lend itself extremely well to a space exploration-type Star Fox game. The world (universe?) and chacters of Star Fox lend themselves so well to an epic, expansive adventure like with Star Wars. The tone and soundtrack found in Star Fox Assault, for example, lent themselves nicely to the epic space adventure feel they were going for.

Space travel would be much like sailing the oceans in that game. Instead of sailing from island to island, you'd be flying from planet/space colony to planet/space colony. Instead of submarines, lookout towers, and giant octos, there would be asteroid belts, space bases, and enemy fleets to encounter throughout space. There could be moments where you have to protect the Great Fox from enemy fleets. Once ariving on a planet, the combat would be TPS controls, much like Battlefront III or something, and you could explore these giant alien worlds. It would be like being on the planets of Destiny, only you can fly at any time throughout the map like in BF3. Tie it up with a plot with the quality, talent, and drama remeniscent of the Clone Wars show, and Star Fox instantly becomes an epic. And that's only single player.

There's so much they, especially Aonuma, could to with Star Fox to make it such an epic experience that just can't be done through an on rails shooter. Like Emily said, the future of Star Fox is off-rails.



Well, this is new.

Read.

PAOerfulone said:
After Zelda Wii U, they're not gonna waist any time and begin planning Zelda NX. And if the Twilight Princess remake does come out for Wii U, I think we can also expect a Skyward Sword remake for NX somewhere down the road before Zelda NX comes out, mid to late console life span.

And that's all I can comfortably predict right now. Any other spin offs or remakes, they'll happen if they do, and if they don't, they don't.


I genuinely doubt that game will ever be remade.



Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:

I don't think it nessecarily does. Like, obviously it needs to have fast paced action, but there's no reason it couldn't slow down through space exploration as well. I brought up Aonuma for Star Fox because his formula for Wind Waker in terms of gameplay would lend itself extremely well to a space exploration-type Star Fox game. The world (universe?) and chacters of Star Fox lend themselves so well to an epic, expansive adventure like with Star Wars. The tone and soundtrack found in Star Fox Assault, for example, lent themselves nicely to the epic space adventure feel they were going for.

Space travel would be much like sailing the oceans in that game. Instead of sailing from island to island, you'd be flying from planet/space colony to planet/space colony. Instead of submarines, lookout towers, and giant octos, there would be asteroid belts, space bases, and enemy fleets to encounter throughout space. There could be moments where you have to protect the Great Fox from enemy fleets. Once ariving on a planet, the combat would be TPS controls, much like Battlefront III or something, and you could explore these giant alien worlds. It would be like being on the planets of Destiny, only you can fly at any time throughout the map like in BF3. Tie it up with a plot with the quality, talent, and drama remeniscent of the Clone Wars show, and Star Fox instantly becomes an epic. And that's only single player.

There's so much they, especially Aonuma, could to with Star Fox to make it such an epic experience that just can't be done through an on rails shooter. Like Emily said, the future of Star Fox is off-rails.

I agree that would be really cool, but it is asking too much from Nintendo. That game would take a lot of money to make, the kind of money they only dare to spend in Zelda, really. Star Fox has been declining in sales with each new game since 64 and it's had a 10-year drought - expecting a new game to be super ambitious is highly unrealistic.

I know that's not the point though, you're just expressing what you'd like to see Star Fox become in the future... and while I do agree, I think it would need to be a bit more Star Fox-ish than that. The franchise was at its best when it focused on awesome on-rails arcade flying missions, and it's the reason 95% (or more) Star Fox fans love the series in the first place. They'd need to incorporate that as a main thing in the game.

Damn. How about making every space trip (the mandatory ones related to the story line at least) between planets an on-rails mission on its own? And then maybe after you clear the mission, the area opens up for free exploration...

um, yeah. I agree that game would be cool. When I made my thread explaining how I'd like my ideal Star Fox game to be, it followed along those lines to some extent, though it still focused more on the core Star Fox gameplay. Either way, by now Star Fox Zero will definitely do and I'm fine with that.

I believe No Man's Sky should almost be what you're looking for... except it will never really be as epic without that magic Star Fox universe and characters.



mZuzek said:
spemanig said:

I don't think it nessecarily does. Like, obviously it needs to have fast paced action, but there's no reason it couldn't slow down through space exploration as well. I brought up Aonuma for Star Fox because his formula for Wind Waker in terms of gameplay would lend itself extremely well to a space exploration-type Star Fox game. The world (universe?) and chacters of Star Fox lend themselves so well to an epic, expansive adventure like with Star Wars. The tone and soundtrack found in Star Fox Assault, for example, lent themselves nicely to the epic space adventure feel they were going for.

Space travel would be much like sailing the oceans in that game. Instead of sailing from island to island, you'd be flying from planet/space colony to planet/space colony. Instead of submarines, lookout towers, and giant octos, there would be asteroid belts, space bases, and enemy fleets to encounter throughout space. There could be moments where you have to protect the Great Fox from enemy fleets. Once ariving on a planet, the combat would be TPS controls, much like Battlefront III or something, and you could explore these giant alien worlds. It would be like being on the planets of Destiny, only you can fly at any time throughout the map like in BF3. Tie it up with a plot with the quality, talent, and drama remeniscent of the Clone Wars show, and Star Fox instantly becomes an epic. And that's only single player.

There's so much they, especially Aonuma, could to with Star Fox to make it such an epic experience that just can't be done through an on rails shooter. Like Emily said, the future of Star Fox is off-rails.

I agree that would be really cool, but it is asking too much from Nintendo. That game would take a lot of money to make, the kind of money they only dare to spend in Zelda, really. Star Fox has been declining in sales with each new game since 64 and it's had a 10-year drought - expecting a new game to be super ambitious is highly unrealistic.

I know that's not the point though, you're just expressing what you'd like to see Star Fox become in the future... and while I do agree, I think it would need to be a bit more Star Fox-ish than that. The franchise was at its best when it focused on awesome on-rails arcade flying missions, and it's the reason 95% (or more) Star Fox fans love the series in the first place. They'd need to incorporate that as a main thing in the game.

Damn. How about making every space trip (the mandatory ones related to the story line at least) between planets an on-rails mission on its own? And then maybe after you clear the mission, the area opens up for free exploration...

um, yeah. I agree that game would be cool. When I made my thread explaining how I'd like my ideal Star Fox game to be, it followed along those lines to some extent, though it still focused more on the core Star Fox gameplay. Either way, by now Star Fox Zero will definitely do and I'm fine with that.

I believe No Man's Sky should almost be what you're looking for... except it will never really be as epic without that magic Star Fox universe and characters.


That's a crying shame, because Star Fox deserves a Zelda budget. So many of their franchises do. Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, in large, because Nintendo actually spends the money to make it that big. They don't with their other stuff. Star Fox could easily be as big as Zelda, moreso than even Metroid. Star Fox declines because it's unambitious. That's exactly what Emily was talking about in her article. It's so frustrating to see how crapily they treat that IP. If Zelda was still only top down without ever evolving, no one would give a shit about Zelda.

I think the on rails stuff should be separate, honestly. I don't agree that the on rails gameplay is, at all, what attracts most people to Star Fox. It's the premise. The premise of flying through space while being engrossed in what is effectively a Star Wars space opera. As long as that idea is in tact, I don't think a partner series needs on rails sections at all. Keep that for a game 100% dedicated to that, and polish that to a prestint polish, like Zelda has done with its 2D entries. I don't think SF0 does that at all, but I've already addressed that in the other thread. If SF0 was just a rail shooter, but it looked modern and better than 64, I'd be disappointed that the series still hasn't evolved, but just like with Pokemon, I'd enjoy the new game anyway because it's still good stuff. I don't feel like SF0 is good stuff.

I actually want something much more linear and crafted for Star Fox than No Man's Sky. The linear structure that I take such issue with in recent 3D Zelda's would work perfectly in an open Star Fox game. Star Fox doesn't need an infinite universe with procedurally generated planets, either. I want actually level design. A small solar system with maybe 4-5 planets/moons that aren't "planet-sized," but "large area-sized," with a few colonies and places of interest along the way is what I want. It's the way they dress and present that that would make it feel more as epic as it is in my head. Epic orchestral soundtrack, melodramatic space opera story, high quality voice acting of the same calibur as Kid Icarus Uprising, and great gameplay to tie it all together. Oh, and an artstyle that's actually good. I don't understand how they can get Fox so right in Smash, so right in SF643D, so right in even Command, and then fuck up so badly here. Even cel-shading could have been good.



Well, this is new.

Read.