Quantcast
COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Yay! 500 Points for Splatoon 2!!!!



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Arms not really doing the numbers I was hoping for. Bomba?

Splatoon and DQ still doing well, PS4 impresses!



IsawYoshi said:
Arms not really doing the numbers I was hoping for. Bomba?

Splatoon and DQ still doing well, PS4 impresses!

It's still not too late for ARMS to pull a Splatoon... right?



Slarvax said:
Let's go Arms! Don't let the race be over yet!

How many days did Splatoon have left when the first testfire happened?

I'm pretty sure Splatoon had 19 and 18 days left when the testfire occured



Some IPs are more popular in some regions than others.
For example Europe and North America don't give a shit about Dragon Quest
And Japan doesn't really care about Zelda.
With each passing day, I am convinced more and more that this will be the case for ARMS.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Around the Network

DQ ps4 extends it's lead. Tekken 7 in beast mode today. Hopefully it has a good opening!



PAOerfulone said:
Some IPs are more popular in some regions than others.
For example Europe and North America don't give a shit about Dragon Quest
And Japan doesn't really care about Zelda.
With each passing day, I am convinced more and more that this will be the case for ARMS.

Why does everyone always say this? Zelda games always sell a good 10-25% of their total in Japan. Considering the size of the market I'd say that Japan does indeed care about Zelda.



A number of things
1. There hasn't been a Zelda game to reach 1 million copies sold in Japan since Ocarina of Time
2. Zelda games are far more popular in the West than in the East.
3. around 10-25% copies sold isn't all that impressive when each mainline series title usually sells around 3 million copies. For example just 370,000 of Skyward Sword's 4 million are from Japan, which is even less than 10%. I mean, Kirby sells more than Zelda over there. A spinoff of Animal Crosing (Happy Home Desinger) has sold around the same or more copies than A Link Between Wrolds, a mainline 2D Zelda game, with around 32 million if its sales in Japan.
Zelda is just not all that popular over there.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

PAOerfulone said:
A number of things
1. There hasn't been a Zelda game to reach 1 million copies sold in Japan since Ocarina of Time
2. Zelda games are far more popular in the West than in the East.
3. around 10-25% copies sold isn't all that impressive when each mainline series title usually sells around 3 million copies. For example just 370,000 of Skyward Sword's 4 million are from Japan, which is even less than 10%. I mean, Kirby sells more than Zelda over there. A spinoff of Animal Crosing (Happy Home Desinger) has sold around the same or more copies than A Link Between Wrolds, a mainline 2D Zelda game, with around 32 million if its sales in Japan.
Zelda is just not all that popular over there.

1. Only very few games can reach 1 million in Japan. Games can be considered popular without hitting that level; Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of this. Also, I'd like to add that Phantom Hourglass got 950K, so not far off, and BotW may still do 1 million.

2. Not entirely true. Europe has over 6 times the population that Japan does yet despite this, only 3 mainline games have managed to sell twice as much in Europe than Japan, with 4 mainline games actually selling more in Japan. North America (US+Canada) has 3 times the population of Japan yet only 4 games have sold 3 times more, and North America is known to be a particularly receptive region for Zelda being more popular there than even Final Fantasy...

3. Most mainline games sell far more than 3 million. The Wii games are a low-balling representation of Zelda's proportional popularity. Kirby is far more popular there than the majority of franchises. Animal Crossing is insanely popular there, so that's not really a suprise.



PAOerfulone said:
A number of things
1. There hasn't been a Zelda game to reach 1 million copies sold in Japan since Ocarina of Time
2. Zelda games are far more popular in the West than in the East.
3. around 10-25% copies sold isn't all that impressive when each mainline series title usually sells around 3 million copies. For example just 370,000 of Skyward Sword's 4 million are from Japan, which is even less than 10%. I mean, Kirby sells more than Zelda over there. A spinoff of Animal Crosing (Happy Home Desinger) has sold around the same or more copies than A Link Between Wrolds, a mainline 2D Zelda game, with around 32 million if its sales in Japan.
Zelda is just not all that popular over there.

1. If to reach 1 million is now the line of Japan care or not about one game. then, they only care about very few games.

2. True, but being more popular in one region doesn't mean that it's not popular in other region, or that people on that region don't care

3. Skyward Sword bombed in Japan, it's not a good metric to use. There are games more popular than Zelda, but again this doesn't mean that Zelda isn't popular or they don't care



Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/