The only possibility that I can think of for microsoft leaving the video game industry is that if someone takes microsoft to court, filing a case against the xbox 360, and win. This could be quite dangerous because some fans may take extreme action to cope with the discontinuity of the xbox brand. Like cutting themselves, etc. Thats besides the point but still.
Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!
Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!
Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!
I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix!
In the unlikely situation that Sony leaves the market AND they can't make much profit AND they see no more threat from consoles to their main business.
That would just encourage them as it would mean the market divided between just two incumbant players and how many other newcomers. Not that im implying that Sony would, the PS* brand is worth more than the losses the PS3 has incurred thus far which explains their continued interest in forging forward inspite of losses.
not that it would ever happen i would love to see sony/ms team up next gen where sony handles the hardware side of things and MS handles the OS side of things.
I always thought that a MS/Nintendo team might be better. Microsoft making the network and OS backbone with Nintendo making the GUI, interface and games with them both sharing the cost of the hardware. Sony and Microsoft are too similar, I think you need two which compliment each others strengths.
OTOH I don't think Sony and Nintendo would work very well together as they have a 'history' and Nintendo have proved they can make fast and cheap hardware but they lack in 3rd party tools and getting other publishers on board and they are far behind on network integration and Microsoft has already got the network Nintendo would want to employ once they get their real time bleeping online.
- Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Confirmed
- Call of Duty: WWII Reveal Trailer is Here, Features ?Actual In-Game Footage?
- Alien Isolation 2 Rumor May Not Be True After All
- Quake Champions New Video Showcases New Map- Ruins of Sarnath Arena
- Vivendi Will Attempt Hostile Takeover Of Ubisoft This Year- Report
- Prey Will Have Post Launch DLC, Game Will Require Multiple Playthroughs To See All Alien Powers
- Resident Evil 7?s Not A Hero DLC Will See Chris Redfield Handle Differently From Ethan
- Broken Age Rated by PEGI for Xbox One
- Xbox Scorpio GPU Analysis: How Did Microsoft Manage To Achieve 1172MHz Clock Speed?
No one should leave ... Competition is Good , without Microsoft there was no InFamous or Killzone ... without Sony there was no Forza MotorSport or Gears of War .
Actually, Epic was working on this project long before they had a publisher. Just so happens that Microsoft put faith into the franchise, and decided to publish it. Good move IMO.
Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.