Quantcast
Are Mac's really faster?

Forums - PC Discussion - Are Mac's really faster?

its all about program support, if you have a Vista you are fine (everyone supports it) if you have a MAC you need to find special programs , if you have a linux you can use both but not 100% everything (like Microsoft based flash games or Itunes)



Around the Network

Use sims 3 to judge



Repent or be destroyed

Macs tend to be much slower for the price. The Macbook Air, for example is incredibly slow for the price.



short answer it's no.

the thing is microsoft vista/7 is slow.
get rid of it and you get less 15s seconds boots in ubuntu.

and less than 10s its promised for 9.10



tedsteriscool said:
Macs tend to be much slower for the price. The Macbook Air, for example is incredibly slow for the price.

your pointing out an incredibly specialized computer that puts portability, style, battery ahead of  speed. why not compare an 8 core mac pro to a similar computer. 



come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
goddog said:
tedsteriscool said:
Macs tend to be much slower for the price. The Macbook Air, for example is incredibly slow for the price.

your pointing out an incredibly specialized computer that puts portability, style, battery ahead of  speed. why not compare an 8 core mac pro to a similar computer. 

Okay then, how much does this 8 core Mac cost?



tedsteriscool said:
goddog said:
tedsteriscool said:
Macs tend to be much slower for the price. The Macbook Air, for example is incredibly slow for the price.

your pointing out an incredibly specialized computer that puts portability, style, battery ahead of  speed. why not compare an 8 core mac pro to a similar computer. 

Okay then, how much does this 8 core Mac cost?

i believe the base is 3,300. for 2 quadcore xenon 2.26   6 gb ddr3 1066mhz.    



come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Well at turning on.



 

   PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

 

It takes like 10s to unhibernate a PC with Vista. I don't see how even if its faster it would really matter to anyone.



Tease.

Too many variables and it doesn't take the user itself into account as well.

No way to really tell.