Quantcast
VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Thank you for the update. That last platinum for me was so much fun again.



Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:

Bonus: Let's look back at 2008, the first year with trophies on PSN! I know there was a 2008 league, but many users weren't members back then.

Most Popular Games 2008 (Actually these are all games played in 2008 by our members)

As always, if some stats looks weird, don't hesitate and tell me.

Woah 2008 trip down memory lane. Very cool. Kinda makes me want to go back and platinum some of the early games that I didn't because they were Gamefly rentals. They are bringing down my completion percentage... (looks at backlog)... wait uhhh never mind!

Noticed one error though on line 42. Alone in the Dark says 1 player. There are two who got platinum at least from the first and quikest achiever. I know I played it too, but didn't plat it - was a rental.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to generate stats like this. Great work!



Kerotan said:
Wonktonodi said:

I was trying to make things easier for Arc, and since you were permabanned it made sense for him to remove you.

There are other perma'd users on the list but they're still there.  I think it was more to do with people thinking I was FlamingWeasel and that he didn't deserve to be there. 

there are others still there, I know at least ethomas, but there hasn't been a purge of the list lately and with the new method of how it's done Arc doesn't have to do as much work.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I only pointed out your name at the time because you were permabanned, not because of why.



Wonktonodi said:
Kerotan said:

There are other perma'd users on the list but they're still there.  I think it was more to do with people thinking I was FlamingWeasel and that he didn't deserve to be there. 

there are others still there, I know at least ethomas, but there hasn't been a purge of the list lately and with the new method of how it's done Arc doesn't have to do as much work.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I only pointed out your name at the time because you were permabanned, not because of why.

yeah it's cool. i understood why i was removed i just wish i wasn't. got so many cool platinums in the time and nobody ever knew :'(



Kerotan said:
Wonktonodi said:

there are others still there, I know at least ethomas, but there hasn't been a purge of the list lately and with the new method of how it's done Arc doesn't have to do as much work.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I only pointed out your name at the time because you were permabanned, not because of why.

yeah it's cool. i understood why i was removed i just wish i wasn't. got so many cool platinums in the time and nobody ever knew :'(

I can add you again. What's your PSN ID?



Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Wonktonodi said:

there are others still there, I know at least ethomas, but there hasn't been a purge of the list lately and with the new method of how it's done Arc doesn't have to do as much work.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I only pointed out your name at the time because you were permabanned, not because of why.

yeah it's cool. i understood why i was removed i just wish i wasn't. got so many cool platinums in the time and nobody ever knew :'(

I can add you again. What's your PSN ID?



Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

HideoK said:
ghettoglamour said:

Bonus: Let's look back at 2008, the first year with trophies on PSN! I know there was a 2008 league, but many users weren't members back then.

Most Popular Games 2008 (Actually these are all games played in 2008 by our members)

As always, if some stats looks weird, don't hesitate and tell me.

Woah 2008 trip down memory lane. Very cool. Kinda makes me want to go back and platinum some of the early games that I didn't because they were Gamefly rentals. They are bringing down my completion percentage... (looks at backlog)... wait uhhh never mind!

Noticed one error though on line 42. Alone in the Dark says 1 player. There are two who got platinum at least from the first and quikest achiever. I know I played it too, but didn't plat it - was a rental.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to generate stats like this. Great work!

I'm glad you all like this flashback idea.

About Alone in the Dark: It does look odd indeed, but let me explain. The columns Players and Plats display data only within the filtered date range, which is the year 2008 in this case. The First and Quickest Plats however, are always computed with the whole data, no filter at all. It wouldn't make sense to restrict these stats with a date range imo.

Alone in the Dark has the following total stats:

Alone In The Dark 18 12 66.7% KylieDog 04.01.2009 jake_the_fake1

1 days 08:27

 

As you can see, the first plat was in 2009, so no plats in 2008, which is correct.

Would like like to change the way the stats are computed on this chart?

Anyway, thanks for being thorough and trying to contribute. I appreciate it.



Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Why on earth were people getting permabanned? This site always was ridiculous about banning people for stupid reasons, which is why I have generally only stuck around this thread for the past 6 or so years.



ghettoglamour said:

Bonus: Let's look back at 2008, the first year with trophies on PSN! I know there was a 2008 league, but many users weren't members back then.

Trophy League 2008

 

Most Popular Games 2008 (Actually these are all games played in 2008 by our members)

As always, if some stats looks weird, don't hesitate and tell me.

Friggin hell, 407 days to Plat Farcry 2, and 163 days to Plat Sonic Unleashed.

Didn't realise how much of a masochist I was back then!

I actually really enjoyed my time Sonic Unleashed, sure it wasn't perfect, but still had fun. I also really enjoyed the story mode in Farcry 2, even enjoyed my time with the multiplayer, at least the 30 hours of it that I just played for fun, the rest was spent grinding with randoms and people I arranged to boost with, it was the grindiest Plat I think I've done.



fadetoone said:
Why on earth were people getting permabanned? This site always was ridiculous about banning people for stupid reasons, which is why I have generally only stuck around this thread for the past 6 or so years.

I remember those dark days, Nintnedo fans on their high horse and bias moderators because the Wii was a break out hit, so any discussion/critique of the lack of AAA 3rd party games on the Wii, graphics comparisons for games like COD on Wii and similar, talk about the waggle controls being a gimmick , talk about mods being bias for going on banning sprees (banning 360 or PS3 fans only), and just  calling someone a "Nintendo Fanboy" got you banned or perma banned.

If you were a 360 or PS3 fan, then you would get shat on by Nintendo fans with impunity, the only real discussions were really between the PS3 and 360 fans, sure they called each other out, and at times some behaved like real fanboys, but at least discussions were lively, before user numbers started dropping.

About the peak of the Wii sales followed by it's sharp drop, is when I started noticing that forum activity was dying off, it picked up again around the WiiU launch and I guess has remained steady through the launch of the PS4 and xbox one, the mods have eased out and have become more diversified, well that's been my observation, but I haven't posted much in years, not after getting banned during those dark days, I found refuge on this thread and sorta just come back for this thread only.

That's been my observation since this start of this site till today, I may be off as of the past few years since I've been less active, but in the early days I was really active till I got banned for calling out a Nintendo fanboy, dark days.....but that's the life a forum user, eventually we all get banned at least once XD