Quantcast
Locked: Quaz51: Haze only 576p

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quaz51: Haze only 576p

Wow ... now thats a bummer :? Dont get me wrong but as much as I would want to think otherwise , Haze looks mediocre . To bad , the game comes from a talented group ...



Around the Network

Well, I'm certainly not buying this game now, next thing you are going to tell me is that it is at 30fps. If that was true, then they should just scrap this game because that is so pathetic, 30fps is barely playable these days



Munkeh111 said:
Well, I'm certainly not buying this game now, next thing you are going to tell me is that it is at 30fps. If that was true, then they should just scrap this game because that is so pathetic, 30fps is barely playable these days

It has decent graphics and a much more open world than games like COD4. No loading screens and 30fps that are locked solid. Furthermore you're playing on a console, they hide the slowness in the controllers. Are you disapointed with all console games?



Tease.

TWRoO said:
Deviation59 said:
yue123 said:
576p?

we are all the ps3 game at 1080p
gtaiv 620p haze 576p mgs4 only 30fps in combat scenes. what is next ffxii to 320p
For this haze is only in ps3 if the game go to x360 ubi need redoing all textures to 720p

If wii is not of this generation haze either.



GTA IV is 1152x640, not 620. And while the 360 version does run at a higher resolution (1280x720), the PS3 version has better colors, better lighting and significantly less pop-in.

I keep hearing that MGS4 is using 1024x768 scaled to 1280x720... can you imagine the fanboy furor if/when that's confirmed on the final copy?


???
but won't that make everything look fat if it is scaled to widescreen?


 No, they know what they're doing in that respect. It's rendered in such a way that when scaled to the proper aspect ratio, everything looks right. Kind of like the widescreen modes for the PS2 GTA games... they never rendered in widescreen, they rendered 4:3 480i and then stretched to 16:9.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, for example, renders at 1280x1080 but the video output at 1080p is still 1920x1080. They know they're scaling and what they're scaling to and they render in such a way that only people who spend their time counting pixels know what's going on.



Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well, I'm certainly not buying this game now, next thing you are going to tell me is that it is at 30fps. If that was true, then they should just scrap this game because that is so pathetic, 30fps is barely playable these days

It has decent graphics and a much more open world than games like COD4. No loading screens and 30fps that are locked solid. Furthermore you're playing on a console, they hide the slowness in the controllers. Are you disapointed with all console games?


 It was sarcasm. :P



Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well, I'm certainly not buying this game now, next thing you are going to tell me is that it is at 30fps. If that was true, then they should just scrap this game because that is so pathetic, 30fps is barely playable these days

It has decent graphics and a much more open world than games like COD4. No loading screens and 30fps that are locked solid. Furthermore you're playing on a console, they hide the slowness in the controllers. Are you disapointed with all console games?


 It was sarcasm. :P


 I thought I made it quite obvious (no need for it to be explicitly mentioned)



Its mad how the FUD tactic is winning so many adepts in this day and age.Some anonymnous poster posts something about GTAIV being 630p and some people will repeat it in internet for months despite its clearly not that way and Rockstar has addresed that claim already.



BengaBenga said:
Diomedes1976 said:
GTAIV on the PS3 is 720p.Confirmed by Rockstar.


Beyond3d posters doesnt have too much credibility right now.

Link?

Quaz is THE authority on this, so without an explicit statement from R* I still believe his findings.

Your boy Quaz admitted to using a screenshot off of the internet to "determine" that the PS3 version was 640p. He has yet to comment on the actual gameplay.

 



Well, you know Diomedes, it's not really hard to check if GTA4 for the ps3 is actually 720p or not.

Besides, Rockstar might've only said 720p for ps3 to not get the fanboys rabbid.
If there is someone out there who has been known to check these kind of stuff and has been right about all the games he's talked about, you might want to consider his information as valid. At least until proven false.

Besides, 720p or not, it's still the xbox version that's best to get since you won't get the extra content on the PS3. If we're talking of utilizing the game to it's maximum potential that is.



Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

These  threads are a misinformation pool of sh$t, taking the word of some nerd who counts lines from the TV and screenshots as the official confirmed word.

Just look at this, the so-called Quaz51 just changed his initial statement of Haze being at 576p res. I quote :

"Quaz51: sorry finally i think Haze is 1920x1081 (little better than 1080p) with PiAA (a special AA method little better than 3xAA) ;) "

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46242&page=35

Who made this guy the "resolution authority" anyway?

A mod should lock this pointless thread....