Quantcast
Super Mario Maker 2 Direct Announced May 15th @3PM PT/6PM ET

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2 Direct Announced May 15th @3PM PT/6PM ET

Rate the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct

10 17 37.78%
 
9 14 31.11%
 
8 9 20.00%
 
7 2 4.44%
 
6 0 0.00%
 
5 1 2.22%
 
4 0 0.00%
 
3 0 0.00%
 
2 2 4.44%
 
1 0 0.00%
 
Total:45
Cobretti2 said:
TBH i don't see the value in a direct for these types of games.

Was anyone not going to buy it anyway without seeing the footage?

Maybe. You'd be surprised at how finicky some people are.



Some days I just blow up.

Around the Network

So what made you give it a 2? Was it to represent that it was the second game in the series? Will Mario Maker 3's Direct get a 3? Is it because 2 sounds more like poo and also is slang for the same? Were you afraid that by putting the number 1 we would think you mean to crown it Number 1! and didn't want to risk the ambiguity?

Serious questions here.



super_etecoon said:
So what made you give it a 2? Was it to represent that it was the second game in the series? Will Mario Maker 3's Direct get a 3? Is it because 2 sounds more like poo and also is slang for the same? Were you afraid that by putting the number 1 we would think you mean to crown it Number 1! and didn't want to risk the ambiguity?

Serious questions here.

I gave it a 2 because no matter how much cool stuff there was, it still isn't a real Mario game; and since I am objective, I acknowledged that they did show some cool stuff, so it deserved a higher score than a 1.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
So what made you give it a 2? Was it to represent that it was the second game in the series? Will Mario Maker 3's Direct get a 3? Is it because 2 sounds more like poo and also is slang for the same? Were you afraid that by putting the number 1 we would think you mean to crown it Number 1! and didn't want to risk the ambiguity?

Serious questions here.

I gave it a 2 because no matter how much cool stuff there was, it still isn't a real Mario game; and since I am objective, I acknowledged that they did show some cool stuff, so it deserved a higher score than a 1.

Then go play a real Mario game.



Some days I just blow up.

Nautilus said:
It was a VERY solid direct.Really happy about the stuff revealed and man, really happy about the story mode.

I am SO EXCITED FOR STORY MODE!!!!



Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Nautilus said:
It was a VERY solid direct.Really happy about the stuff revealed and man, really happy about the story mode.

I am SO EXCITED FOR STORY MODE!!!!

Maybe it'll even have unique boss fights!! :D



Some days I just blow up.

RolStoppable said:
Makes me wish Nintendo made a real Mario game. Maybe in 2021...

This was the only drawback to me, they put so many cool ideas into this one that it's likely taking the place of any new Mario game for the foreseeable future, maybe even this gen.

Otherwise I'm really looking forward to this, particularly the online multiplayer.  Wish NSMBU had that, either the original or the port.

Last edited by AltarofKez - on 15 May 2019

Amazing direct! Sooo much new stuff especially the multiplayer aspect! The 3D world design looks amazing!



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Not my cup of tea, but all the same they seem to have put a commendable amount of effort and content into it, such that it genuinely earns the "2" moniker instead of feeling like just 1.5 or 1 Deluxe.

Also, it's damn good to see 2D Mario finally evolve visually beyond the shitty NSMB look.

Should be the first real system seller for Switch since Smash. (Except for maybe Yokai Watch 4 in Japan)



This just became one of my most anticipated games of the year.