Quantcast
Sony: PS5 not due out before April 2020

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS5 not due out before April 2020

The next-generation PlayStation recently detailed by Sony Interactive Entertainment will not launch within the current fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2020, the company stated during its financial results meeting today.

Sony plans to invest much of 31.1 billion yen to develop the next-generation PlayStation.


Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/04/sony-ps5-not-due-out-before-april-2020
---
So Fall/Winter 2020.


    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network

Fair enough. Any news on your PS4 games release dates?



Well this will be very interesting then if Microsoft chooses to do the opposite and launch this year. Either way this is great news for Switch sales, I suppose!



1st April 2020 it is then! :O



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

That was expected.
@Dulfite if MS launches this year there is a good chance Sony already have a backup plan to speed up launch (which I hope they don't use because that always open space for fuck ups). I would preffer MS releases the spec and price of their machine so Sony can adjust whatever needed to have a stronger and cheaper machine.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Dont know why anyone would expect it to be



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
1st April 2020 it is then! :O

No, some insider said Sony 7nm chip will be available in Q3 2020 https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20190416PD205.html



7 years after the last one? No way!

Last edited by The Fury - on 26 April 2019

Hmm, pie.

HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:
1st April 2020 it is then! :O

No, some insider said Sony 7nm chip will be available in Q3 2020 https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20190416PD205.html

eh, I've never put any stock into "insider" claims.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Dulfite said:
Well this will be very interesting then if Microsoft chooses to do the opposite and launch this year. Either way this is great news for Switch sales, I suppose!

Seems early but always possible.

Not sure how this benefits Switch.

DonFerrari said:
That was expected.
@Dulfite if MS launches this year there is a good chance Sony already have a backup plan to speed up launch (which I hope they don't use because that always open space for fuck ups). I would preffer MS releases the spec and price of their machine so Sony can adjust whatever needed to have a stronger and cheaper machine.

I doubt Sony really cares. They know when they are launching (regardless of whether this news is a bluff or not) and software development for both PS5 and PS4 will match up with that. They aren't going to rush a release just because MS might launch this year, something they have most likely taken into account.

They still have TLoU2, a Kojima game, and GoT (if quality holds up): they are fine for the next 12 months quite easily.