Quantcast
Where is FF7R?

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where is FF7R?

Where every Square mainline entry lingers for 6 to 10 years, development limbo.

Love their games, but cannot understand their business model with mainline entries in FF and KH that take forever to make.



Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
Its Square, its gona take them like 15 years to release it. It will release eventualy, just nowhere near this year, or the next, or the one after...

This has only happened to 1 game. Not enough to even make it a track record. 



3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

Paperboy_J said:
I hope they make two versions: The big, shiny epic their currently working on, and then a smaller, more modest version more in spirit of the original. Maybe put that version on Switch or something.

Wishful thinking, probably won't happen, but a guy can dream...

You mean FFVII Remake - Pocket Edition?



HoangNhatAnh said:
Paperboy_J said:
I hope they make two versions: The big, shiny epic their currently working on, and then a smaller, more modest version more in spirit of the original. Maybe put that version on Switch or something.

Wishful thinking, probably won't happen, but a guy can dream...

You mean FFVII Remake - Pocket Edition?

No pls... I mean they can ofc do it but juat drop both versions in every platform...



Its looking like a next gen game.



Around the Network
Clank said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

You mean FFVII Remake - Pocket Edition?

No pls... I mean they can ofc do it but juat drop both versions in every platform...

Who know? This is Square after all. Beside, wait till FFVIIR ep 1 come out for ps4/ps5 first



HoangNhatAnh said:
Clank said:

No pls... I mean they can ofc do it but juat drop both versions in every platform...

Who know? This is Square after all. Beside, wait till FFVIIR ep 1 come out for ps4/ps5 first

So its sure that will be episodic? Wow...



Clank said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Who know? This is Square after all. Beside, wait till FFVIIR ep 1 come out for ps4/ps5 first

So its sure that will be episodic? Wow...

FFVII is too big, if it is a remake of the full game then wait till 2024 for ps5 at the earliest. If it's episodic, then you have a chance that part 1 will come out in 2020 if you're lucky enough 



HoangNhatAnh said:

FFVII is too big, if it is a remake of the full game then wait till 2024 for ps5 at the earliest. If it's episodic, then you have a chance that part 1 will come out in 2020 if you're lucky enough 

Too big? Main FF7 can be completed in a comfortable 30 hours. Their remake has got to add so much content to fit the opening 4 to 5 hours, which is mostly cut scenes and story telling (characters moved slower in FF7 compared to other, no voice lines so you had to read everything) from Midgar, I'm actually at a loss of how they do it unless filling the game with needless busy work and extra story that doesn't matter considering we know the story.

I expect the full game in 2030, or 1997. :P



Hmm, pie.

Where you ask? It just so happens i got it right here. Hidden under my comfy trenchcoat. You wanna have a look at it? Just follow me into this dimly lit alleyway...



Hunting Season is nigh...