Quantcast
Brexit
Jumpin said:
Just goes to show. When the UK voted to leave, the yes voters had NO FUCKING CLUE what they were doing.

I'm not from the UK but I feel like this is not the voters fault, its the governments. The people voted so its the governments job to leave in a proper manner which the UK government has failed to do because they are incompetent.
Atleast thats how i view it from an American point of view.



Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Jumpin said:
Just goes to show. When the UK voted to leave, the yes voters had NO FUCKING CLUE what they were doing.

I'm not from the UK but I feel like this is not the voters fault, its the governments. The people voted so its the governments job to leave in a proper manner which the UK government has failed to do because they are incompetent.
Atleast thats how i view it from an American point of view.

The government is their elected representation. It’s a given the voters know significantly less than their reps do.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

jason1637 said:
Jumpin said:
Just goes to show. When the UK voted to leave, the yes voters had NO FUCKING CLUE what they were doing.

I'm not from the UK but I feel like this is not the voters fault, its the governments. The people voted so its the governments job to leave in a proper manner which the UK government has failed to do because they are incompetent.
Atleast thats how i view it from an American point of view.

Which is what their trying to do.... its not like they set out to be a laughing stock.
However they won be "lying" to the people, promising them "this & that" and "easy-peasey" solutions that amounted to chaseing rainbows & unicorns.

No one believed that it would win (brexit vote), so they all made up all kinds of crazy stuff, thinking "this is how I get easy votes" and get elected.
Now their in power (because of those lies) and finding that they cant make heads or tails of anything (much less their promises).



Number of days to reach 50M from 40M : 198 days
Number of days to reach 60M from 50M : 187 days
Number of days to reach 70M from 60M : 175 days
Number of days to reach 80M from 70M : 227 days

Necro-bump this 2020: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229249

Jumpin said:
jason1637 said:

I'm not from the UK but I feel like this is not the voters fault, its the governments. The people voted so its the governments job to leave in a proper manner which the UK government has failed to do because they are incompetent.
Atleast thats how i view it from an American point of view.

The government is their elected representation. It’s a given the voters know significantly less than their reps do.

Well if the poeple decided to leave the EU then the elected officials need to follow through and make the exit as smooth as possible Its been like 3 years already and they still dont have a plan. The EU should not give them the extension unless they can prove to them they will move foward with a plan. I heard that there are EU elections coming soon too so that makes things more tricky.

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

I'm not from the UK but I feel like this is not the voters fault, its the governments. The people voted so its the governments job to leave in a proper manner which the UK government has failed to do because they are incompetent.
Atleast thats how i view it from an American point of view.

Which is what their trying to do.... its not like they set out to be a laughing stock.
However they won be "lying" to the people, promising them "this & that" and "easy-peasey" solutions that amounted to chaseing rainbows & unicorns.

No one believed that it would win (brexit vote), so they all made up all kinds of crazy stuff, thinking "this is how I get easy votes" and get elected.
Now their in power (because of those lies) and finding that they cant make heads or tails of anything (much less their promises).

Well shame on them. If they knoew they could not follow through they should have never ran for office.



All this dicking around is so pointless. They're voting on so many things they have no control over to begin with. They're in denial. They have three options within the realm of physical possibility, as far as I can tell. 1) No deal Brexit, which has been resoundingly defeated in parliament but is the default in reality if they keep goofing off with "indicative votes", 2) May's Deal, which has also been repeatedly crushed in parliament at historic levels and May should just fuck off with that nonsense because it's insulting to everyone's intelligence to suggest it's anything but a rotting corpse at this point, and 3) a long extension to do either a general election where the campaign is all about Brexit, or a second referendum with No Deal, May's Deal, and Remain as the options.

With as much as they clearly hate 2, they might as well pretend it doesn't exist. If they're not going to have the balls to commit to 3, they need to suck it up and prepare for 1. If 3 means they all get unelected and replaced with a whole new parliament, it would serve them right with how they've handled this. But if they're not going to do 3, then they don't really have time to do anything meaningful before the 12th so they might as well just revoke whatever that nonsense was before about banning a no deal Brexit and just commit to no deal. It hurts my brain to watch an entire legislative body repeatedly deny imminent reality like this.



Around the Network

there is no damn reason for the UK to leave the EU, people were tricked into voting this shit

and what is happening now is absolutely democratic, the current parliament was elected after the referendum, therefore it represents the people's updated views, if it is a customs union, then so be it

even Farage changed the slogan, 'it is about independence', wtf really, turning a country from a player into a pawn of US, Russia and China is not independence in any way



Bofferbrauer2 said:

Just to put some proofs for those in denial:

1. About the US-UK trade agreement: Here's the text of the proposed US-UK trade agreement (.pdf file

It basically says that the UK has to open the floodgates to american products (especially agrarian ones) and fully comply to their rules, but the most sneaky one is this part here:

"Include strong provisions on transparency and public consultation that require the UK to publish drafts of regulations, allow stakeholders in other countries to provide comments on those drafts, and require authorities to address significant issues raised by stakeholders and explain how the final measure achieves the stated objectives".

Yeah, that basically would allow foreign companies, especially american ones, to veto laws they don't like. Remember how the Brexit was supposed to take back control? Yeah, going very well, I see. This is relinquishing all control, not taking it back. Also, at no point in the whole document is something that the US would do for the UK, it's all the UK who has to comply to american companies wishes.

About trade deals in general: The UK has gotten a grand total of 9 trade agreements so far, mostly with minor nations. That's much less than the 40 the were saying to get by Brexit day.

While we're at it: Here's about why clorinated chicken are bad. It's less that the practice itself is unhealthy, but because the sanitary standards are so much lower in the US and thus many rely so heavily on it, practically to keep them edible. To make sure it works, some go over the allowed concentration of chlorine, which makes the creation of carcinogenes like trihalomethanes possible. As a byproduct, it also makes the chicken look fresh much longer, even when it's actually already starting to rot. In general, the washing with chlorine supports negligent practices and thus undermining the already low sanitary standards. Just look at this undercover video in the barns of the second-largest poultry supplier in the US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNAo2cvvefQ

Or this here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf06a3MvwvE

Bon appétit!

Thank you man, meanwhile cancer rates are 10% lower in the UK than in the US, and even lower in Eastern Europe - 20% lower in Greece



JRPGfan said:

Ultimate freedom:

USA forceing the UK to accept their Genemodifed foods, chlorinated chicken, Growth hormone & heavily medicated meats, in a trade deal.
As well as being forced to buy certain medicine's from the US, if it wants a trade deal with the US.

Thats just the USA, China/india will likely bully you guys too.

Also a hard boarder at Nothern Ireland... which might restart the troubles.
Plus the chance of loseing Northern Ireland (they might re-unite with ireland), and Scoutland might seek independence as well.

In less than 3% of the votes in the EU, did the UK oppose them.
Which means 97% of the time, the UK voted alongsides the EU members majority.

These 3% of "freedoms" you give up (most of which are just decent things that protect the rights of the people) and now regain, will come at a huge cost.

Your economy is gonna take a huge hit for it.
Worth it?

*Edit:

I think brexit is like the UK shooting itself in the foot.
However at this point, I think its for the best as well.

The UK never really believed in the EU project, and was mainly in it for self benefits (economically), and always looked down on the EU members, from their "high horses".
UK has a "victim superiorty" complex, and has spent the last 20years blameing the EU for everything under the sky that went wrong in the UK.
It was a easy scape goat for politicans.... because of this people in the UK have a twisted view on the EU.

UK is no longer the "empire on which the sun never sets", and I think reality is gonna smack them in the face soon.

Anyways best of luck UK.

The UK doesn't have to accept a US/China trade deal if they don't want to and I doubt India will be position to bully the UK because they're straight up technologically inferior. That's the beauty of independence and there are over a hundred other countries to do deals with. The UK just like China, Turkey, or Russia don't have to capitulate to the demands of a foreign body ...  

The EU proposing the backstop in the first place and the declining unionist community is why Theresa May should just give in to exactly what the DUP wants which is a no deal! By enacting a hard border in place, "The Troubles" could potentially restart again thus making the nationalist community living near the border go into decline. Arlene Foster and Nigel Dodds will be turned on to know that their opponents such as Leo Varadkar and Sinn Fein will be the ones to shed tears when the DUP takes a piss on them. If the DUP manages to kill all hopes of Irish reunification then the unionists will forever be indefinitely protected from Irish tyranny and a no deal brexit is their best chance to destroy the Good Friday Agreement for good. You must not be very good at geopolitics if you don't realize all this ...  

"3% of freedoms" ? LOL, how very naive of you to just undermine the differences in interests. If you really think so then why don't you demand that the EU ends their customs union, freedom of movement, CAP, and CFP ? Just ending freedom of movement alone means that the UK don't have to provide jobs and pensions for many EU citizens which alone is worthwhile for Brexit. Older UK citizens get their jobs back where they'll likely spend their money in the UK and nearly every one of them becomes happier in the end ... 

Interests can and will diverge so what the UK agreed to last time does not mean that they will agree in the future. Thatcher's weakness on sovereignty and Blair's cancerous spread of neoliberalism are things that need to dearly die in a ditch for good. The British public needs to countenance the possibility that joining the EU may have been the wrong path all along just as the unionists are having second thoughts about the Good Friday Agreement ... 



fatslob-:O said:
JRPGfan said:

Ultimate freedom:

USA forceing the UK to accept their Genemodifed foods, chlorinated chicken, Growth hormone & heavily medicated meats, in a trade deal.
As well as being forced to buy certain medicine's from the US, if it wants a trade deal with the US.

Thats just the USA, China/india will likely bully you guys too.

Also a hard boarder at Nothern Ireland... which might restart the troubles.
Plus the chance of loseing Northern Ireland (they might re-unite with ireland), and Scoutland might seek independence as well.

In less than 3% of the votes in the EU, did the UK oppose them.
Which means 97% of the time, the UK voted alongsides the EU members majority.

These 3% of "freedoms" you give up (most of which are just decent things that protect the rights of the people) and now regain, will come at a huge cost.

Your economy is gonna take a huge hit for it.
Worth it?

*Edit:

I think brexit is like the UK shooting itself in the foot.
However at this point, I think its for the best as well.

The UK never really believed in the EU project, and was mainly in it for self benefits (economically), and always looked down on the EU members, from their "high horses".
UK has a "victim superiorty" complex, and has spent the last 20years blameing the EU for everything under the sky that went wrong in the UK.
It was a easy scape goat for politicans.... because of this people in the UK have a twisted view on the EU.

UK is no longer the "empire on which the sun never sets", and I think reality is gonna smack them in the face soon.

Anyways best of luck UK.

The UK doesn't have to accept a US/China trade deal if they don't want to and I doubt India will be position to bully the UK because they're straight up technologically inferior. That's the beauty of independence and there are over a hundred other countries to do deals with. The UK just like China, Turkey, or Russia don't have to capitulate to the demands of a foreign body ...  

The EU proposing the backstop in the first place and the declining unionist community is why Theresa May should just give in to exactly what the DUP wants which is a no deal! By enacting a hard border in place, "The Troubles" could potentially restart again thus making the nationalist community living near the border go into decline. Arlene Foster and Nigel Dodds will be turned on to know that their opponents such as Leo Varadkar and Sinn Fein will be the ones to shed tears when the DUP takes a piss on them. If the DUP manages to kill all hopes of Irish reunification then the unionists will forever be indefinitely protected from Irish tyranny and a no deal brexit is their best chance to destroy the Good Friday Agreement for good. You must not be very good at geopolitics if you don't realize all this ...  

"3% of freedoms" ? LOL, how very naive of you to just undermine the differences in interests. If you really think so then why don't you demand that the EU ends their customs union, freedom of movement, CAP, and CFP ? Just ending freedom of movement alone means that the UK don't have to provide jobs and pensions for many EU citizens which alone is worthwhile for Brexit. Older UK citizens get their jobs back where they'll likely spend their money in the UK and nearly every one of them becomes happier in the end ... 

Interests can and will diverge so what the UK agreed to last time does not mean that they will agree in the future. Thatcher's weakness on sovereignty and Blair's cancerous spread of neoliberalism are things that need to dearly die in a ditch for good. The British public needs to countenance the possibility that joining the EU may have been the wrong path all along just as the unionists are having second thoughts about the Good Friday Agreement ... 

"....there are over a hundred other countries to do deals with"

There really isnt today, most of is done in Trading Blocs.
EU, EFTA,EEU (euro-asia).... then Caricom (carribean countries), AU (african union), USAN (south america),  NAFTA (north american), ect.

Alot of places dont do trade deals on a country by country bases anymore.
Chooseing not to trade with america at all, because you cant accept the things they ll force you to accept, will mean you ll have to go other places (which might not be as intrested in british products).


"By enacting a hard border in place, "The Troubles" could potentially restart again thus making the nationalist community living near the border go into decline."

Lets purposefully restart the bombings and killings in our own country again! What a great idea!
Im sure everyone will be lineing up to thank Theresa May.
Also the "blame" for such a thing wouldnt be the EU..... it would be England breaking the "Good Friday agreement",
when they choose to leave the EU without a plan or be willing to be part of a common market.



"Why doesnt the EU countries just BEND over backwards for us, so leaveing isnt a issue, and doesnt start any trouble in the UK" (me paraphraseing)

Wow..... you realise other countries have self intrests too right? and the entire world doesnt revolve around the UK.
End customs union, freedom of movement, ect just to suit the UK? why?

"the UK don't have to provide jobs and pensions for many EU citizens which alone is worthwhile for Brexit. Older UK citizens get their jobs back where they'll likely spend their money in the UK and nearly every one of them becomes happier in the end"

You believe in rainbows & unicorns too I see :)
Hogwash, just leaveing the EU common market alone is a bigger hit economically than whatever member fee, you guys are paying.
Things will at best probably be end up being much the same.

Hopeing that leaveing magically saves the UK and gives jobs to the older UK citizens..
Those polish (eksample) workers that work on like farms ect, you think most UK citizens are jealous of them? and want to be underpaid and do farm jobs?
The reason the polish people are doing it, is because their okay with hard laber and low wages, most UK citizens wont do that work for that pay.
Once they leave, if those jobs go back to UK citizens, prices of farm products will rise.

Riseing prices on farm products, ontop of loseing "eu farming subsidies" (eu pays farmers), will mean the UK farming industry will not be nearly as competitive as it was before. Next thing that happends? the UK starts putting up trade barriers to "protect" its farming industry.  This "we want free trade" you brits are shouting now, will be long forgotten and gone soon too I suspect.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 07 April 2019

Number of days to reach 50M from 40M : 198 days
Number of days to reach 60M from 50M : 187 days
Number of days to reach 70M from 60M : 175 days
Number of days to reach 80M from 70M : 227 days

Necro-bump this 2020: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229249

"muh chlorinated chicken" - you do realise that all of our fruit and veg is 'chlorinated' dont you?

chlorinated is another word for washed. it baffles me that europeans actually believe Romanian chicken is kept and reared to a higher standard than Californian chicken.

Utterly delusional.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!