Quantcast
PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Difference is that you are only that predicted that Switch sales will fail of a cliff after Holiday season, even nothing suggested that, talking about NPD, you predicted that Switch will YoY will be down, even all pointed that it will be YOY up at end.

I already gave my thoughts why i gave that prediction, i don't feel like going back to it.

as for npd Pointing up YOY, its not it's still down after 10 months, and thats with a extra week in jan.

And that preddicton didn't had any sense from start, it was just yours wishful thinking like most of your predictions when comes to Nintendo.

Talking about NPD, biggest sales from start were expected to be during Nov-Dec period when Switch actualy getting two easily biggest its games of year compared to hole years lineup, and thats huge difference compared to last year for same months, plus this year was expected that Switch also will have some kind of deals for BF and Holiday while last year didnt had nothing. Switch being -4% until that period means nothing because around 50-60% of Nintendo yearly sales usually comes just from November-December period.



Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

I already gave my thoughts why i gave that prediction, i don't feel like going back to it.

as for npd Pointing up YOY, its not it's still down after 10 months, and thats with a extra week in jan.

And that preddicton didn't had any sense from start, it was just yours wishful thinking like most of your predictions when comes to Nintendo.

Talking about NPD, biggest sales from start were expected to be during Nov-Dec period when Switch actualy getting two easily biggest its games of year compared to hole years lineup, and thats huge difference compared to last year for same months, plus this year was expected that Switch also will have some kind of deals for BF and Holiday while last year didnt had nothing. Switch being -4% until that period means nothing because around 50-60% of Nintendo yearly sales usually comes just from November-December period.

It wasn't wishful thinking many analysts predicted handheld gaming was dying and after the Wiiu I honestly thought Nintendo brand power was very weak, so I thought like 3ds and 64 momentum wouldn't last long, and with Nintendo releasing imo most the biggest franchises last year momentum wouldn't last.



quickrick said:
Barkley said:

Well your Switch Nov+Dec NPD predictions are the lowest on the site (afaik). So that qualifies.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/post.php?id=8924936

i have had many controversial opinions come true, everyone thought amazon was a good predicting tool, i told them it would fail in 2018 it did, many predicted switch to easily beat  ps4 sales this year, i predicted ps4 would outsell it, and it came true. same thing last year when i predicted ps4 would double switch sales in november, and also switch would sell less this year from april to august then last year.  keep in mind these were all  youcontroversial and i was flamed for some, yet they cam out true. that prediction  you posted i'm extremely confident in.

Wow....... you time travelled and saw the dispute between Sony and Amazon ? 



quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

And that preddicton didn't had any sense from start, it was just yours wishful thinking like most of your predictions when comes to Nintendo.

Talking about NPD, biggest sales from start were expected to be during Nov-Dec period when Switch actualy getting two easily biggest its games of year compared to hole years lineup, and thats huge difference compared to last year for same months, plus this year was expected that Switch also will have some kind of deals for BF and Holiday while last year didnt had nothing. Switch being -4% until that period means nothing because around 50-60% of Nintendo yearly sales usually comes just from November-December period.

It wasn't wishful thinking many analysts predicted handheld gaming was dying and after the Wiiu I honestly thought Nintendo brand power was very weak, so I thought like 3ds and 64 momentum wouldn't last long, and with Nintendo releasing imo most the biggest franchises last year momentum wouldn't last.

That was before Switch launch, while you said "Switch will fail of a cliff" at end of 2017. when was obvious that Switch will be successful console in any case. Switch was doing stronger in its first year (with huge stocks problems while 3DS didnt had them at all) even than 3DS that had huge price cut in order to start selling, but you ignored that offcourse, also comparing it with N64 also don't make sense, Switch after first 9 months was at half of LT N64 numbers. You were completely ignoring fact that Switch last year was sold out most of year, you also ignoring fact that last year Switch didnt had any deal or price cut, you also ignoring fact despite Ninetendo released some of its strong IPs they have more of them like that Switch this year is getting two IPs that are one most strongest Nintendo IPs.

So yeah, your predictions about Nintendo are just yours wishful thinkings. And its not point only about Switch hardware, everything regardless Nintendo, for instance Nintendo Switch games sales also.



duduspace1 said:
quickrick said:

i have had many controversial opinions come true, everyone thought amazon was a good predicting tool, i told them it would fail in 2018 it did, many predicted switch to easily beat  ps4 sales this year, i predicted ps4 would outsell it, and it came true. same thing last year when i predicted ps4 would double switch sales in november, and also switch would sell less this year from april to august then last year.  keep in mind these were all  youcontroversial and i was flamed for some, yet they cam out true. that prediction  you posted i'm extremely confident in.

Wow....... you time travelled and saw the dispute between Sony and Amazon ? 

that has nothing to do with it, but nice try. the dispute lasted 2 months, it's been wrong the whole year, and always biased to switch.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

It wasn't wishful thinking many analysts predicted handheld gaming was dying and after the Wiiu I honestly thought Nintendo brand power was very weak, so I thought like 3ds and 64 momentum wouldn't last long, and with Nintendo releasing imo most the biggest franchises last year momentum wouldn't last.

That was before Switch launch, while you said "Switch will fail of a cliff" at end of 2017. when was obvious that Switch will be successful console in any case. Switch was doing stronger in its first year (with huge stocks problems while 3DS didnt had them at all) even than 3DS that had huge price cut in order to start selling, but you ignored that offcourse, also comparing it with N64 also don't make sense, Switch after first 9 months was at half of LT N64 numbers. You were completely ignoring fact that Switch last year was sold out most of year, you also ignoring fact that last year Switch didnt had any deal or price cut, you also ignoring fact despite Ninetendo released some of its strong IPs they have more of them like that Switch this year is getting two IPs that are one most strongest Nintendo IPs.

So yeah, your predictions about Nintendo are just yours wishful thinkings. And its not point only about Switch hardware, everything regardless Nintendo, for instance Nintendo Switch games sales also.

3ds having a huge price didn't mean it would start losing momentum early, it could have been the sweet spot, and it could have sold insanely well like the DS at a cheap price. the N64 comparison was in the USA where it was a beast for like a year or 2 not WW. I'm not ignoring switch was sold out most of last year you are simply over estimating the effect it had, thats why you lost the bet that you considered wishful thinking from april to august, anyway you are free to think what you like, you obviously are not convincing me, and i won't be convincing you. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 03 December 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
duduspace1 said:

Wow....... you time travelled and saw the dispute between Sony and Amazon ? 

Miyamotoo said:

That was before Switch launch, while you said "Switch will fail of a cliff" at end of 2017. when was obvious that Switch will be successful console in any case. Switch was doing stronger in its first year (with huge stocks problems while 3DS didnt had them at all) even than 3DS that had huge price cut in order to start selling, but you ignored that offcourse, also comparing it with N64 also don't make sense, Switch after first 9 months was at half of LT N64 numbers. You were completely ignoring fact that Switch last year was sold out most of year, you also ignoring fact that last year Switch didnt had any deal or price cut, you also ignoring fact despite Ninetendo released some of its strong IPs they have more of them like that Switch this year is getting two IPs that are one most strongest Nintendo IPs.

So yeah, your predictions about Nintendo are just yours wishful thinkings. And its not point only about Switch hardware, everything regardless Nintendo, for instance Nintendo Switch games sales also.

3ds having a huge price didn't mean it would start losing momentum early, it could have been the sweet spot, and it could have sold insanely well like the DS at a cheap price. the N64 comparison was in the USA where it was a beast for like a year or 2 not WW. I'm not ignoring switch was sold out most of last year you are simply over estimating the effect it had, thats why you lost the bet that you considered wishful thinking from april to august, anyway you are free to think what you like, you obviously are not convincing me, and i won't be convincing you. 

Point is that 3DS need to have huge price (around 30% of launch price) just 6 months after launch in order to start selling better, compared to Switch that was selling great with huge stock problems and whithout any need for price cut. Point is that you didnt had any reason to assume that Switch will lose momentum or even less fail of a cliff, its was clerly your wishful thinking. Numbers speak for itself, and fact that Switch held momentum this year despite didnt had any big game this year until Pokemon is very impressive. Point that I lost bet don't change nothing, point that Switch sold little less in April-August period in US compared to same time period dont change nothing, Switch will YOY in any case. I dont trying to convice you, you know that I am right, you are only person hole site that said that Switch sales will fail of a cliff after Holiday season and that Switch will YOY down.



RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

Oh please I got so much wins, and all bets won so far. Just a typical hater.

You didn't get many wins in comparison to how often you were wrong.

For Switch hardware, it hasn't fallen off a cliff in 2018. It isn't heading for your revised "will be flat in 2018" either.

For Switch software, you had to revise your predictions for virtually every game, because you always beat the same drum of "this game won't have legs" no matter how much the sales history of the given IP contradicts that. Your revised predictions/expectations commonly have to be revised again.

People here don't like you nor does anyone see you as a good predictor, because at the end of the day you were wrong too many times and the few right calls were circumstantial because occasionally reality aligned with a prediction of yours as even a broken clock that sounds like a broken record happens to be right sometimes. Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel. When support really matters, such as backing up your arguments, those people aren't showing up because they know how faulty the arguments are and because they know there's a risk of a ban; it's only for so long that the mod team considers something an unreasonable opinion instead of trolling, even though the leeway seems to be tremendous at times (it took ages until Lawlight was given the boot for good). And when you get moderated, who is there to help you? Again, nobody. People don't want to be associated with you so closely, because they recognize that it could poorly reflect on themselves.

You've been here for a year now and there has been no visible improvement in your behavior despite repeated moderations, and more importantly, despite detailed explanations why your behavior is well below an acceptable standard. By now it's very easy to notice the ongoing frustration in the community, so like so many other times, I am the guy who says what so many people think, and they think that way for very good reasons.

So tell me, why should I refrain from filing a request that you get permabanned before this year is over? Because that would be a great Christmas present for this community.

drinkandswim said:
The $250 million math doesnt work because. Included in the million first party sales are all the $300 Switches that had Mario Kart bundled. Not to mention that there were other sales. Plus the store gets a percentage so that isnt the actual number Nintendo sees. Therefore its still possible for over 800k Switches sold.

Good point about the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles. For every 100k of those, Switch hardware has to be adjusted up by a good 15k units. Assuming 300k of those bundles, Switch hardware goes above 600k for November 22-26 in my previously outlined breakdown. Makes it more realistic to align with the statement that Switch beat Wii over that five-day-period, but comes with the tradeoff that fewer units are left to assign to the Pokémon Let's Go hardware boost. Other discounts shouldn't tip the scale too much.

Bad point about stores getting a cut. The $250m figure is consumer spending, so the retailer cut is irrelevant.

Edit: User was banned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

30 people agree with this, Rol is just rigth sorry :)



24 years playing games.

nintendo network ID: Teriolforce ADD ME!!

currently playing Planetside 2

i7 4770k, RAM 32 Gb 1800 mhz, AMD 7990 Ghz Edition, gigabyte z87 deluxe.

i see the usual suspects are all in here. Nothing much has changed in 2 months.



DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

Oh please I got so much wins, and all bets won so far. Just a typical hater.

You didn't get many wins in comparison to how often you were wrong.

For Switch hardware, it hasn't fallen off a cliff in 2018. It isn't heading for your revised "will be flat in 2018" either.

For Switch software, you had to revise your predictions for virtually every game, because you always beat the same drum of "this game won't have legs" no matter how much the sales history of the given IP contradicts that. Your revised predictions/expectations commonly have to be revised again.

People here don't like you nor does anyone see you as a good predictor, because at the end of the day you were wrong too many times and the few right calls were circumstantial because occasionally reality aligned with a prediction of yours as even a broken clock that sounds like a broken record happens to be right sometimes. Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel. When support really matters, such as backing up your arguments, those people aren't showing up because they know how faulty the arguments are and because they know there's a risk of a ban; it's only for so long that the mod team considers something an unreasonable opinion instead of trolling, even though the leeway seems to be tremendous at times (it took ages until Lawlight was given the boot for good). And when you get moderated, who is there to help you? Again, nobody. People don't want to be associated with you so closely, because they recognize that it could poorly reflect on themselves.

You've been here for a year now and there has been no visible improvement in your behavior despite repeated moderations, and more importantly, despite detailed explanations why your behavior is well below an acceptable standard. By now it's very easy to notice the ongoing frustration in the community, so like so many other times, I am the guy who says what so many people think, and they think that way for very good reasons.

So tell me, why should I refrain from filing a request that you get permabanned before this year is over? Because that would be a great Christmas present for this community.

drinkandswim said:
The $250 million math doesnt work because. Included in the million first party sales are all the $300 Switches that had Mario Kart bundled. Not to mention that there were other sales. Plus the store gets a percentage so that isnt the actual number Nintendo sees. Therefore its still possible for over 800k Switches sold.

Good point about the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles. For every 100k of those, Switch hardware has to be adjusted up by a good 15k units. Assuming 300k of those bundles, Switch hardware goes above 600k for November 22-26 in my previously outlined breakdown. Makes it more realistic to align with the statement that Switch beat Wii over that five-day-period, but comes with the tradeoff that fewer units are left to assign to the Pokémon Let's Go hardware boost. Other discounts shouldn't tip the scale too much.

Bad point about stores getting a cut. The $250m figure is consumer spending, so the retailer cut is irrelevant.

Edit: User was banned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

Well I think Rick is a great guy. He says some crazy things but when the chips are down and it matters he's always been right. The man's never lost a bet, that's the sign of a true visionary. 

 

Your post may have almost 40 likes but people who don't hate Rick can't dislike your post so that system is very biased. I hope the mob don't get their way and Rick can stay here forever. He's a good contributer. 

User was Banned for this post - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 04 December 2018

Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:

You didn't get many wins in comparison to how often you were wrong.

For Switch hardware, it hasn't fallen off a cliff in 2018. It isn't heading for your revised "will be flat in 2018" either.

For Switch software, you had to revise your predictions for virtually every game, because you always beat the same drum of "this game won't have legs" no matter how much the sales history of the given IP contradicts that. Your revised predictions/expectations commonly have to be revised again.

People here don't like you nor does anyone see you as a good predictor, because at the end of the day you were wrong too many times and the few right calls were circumstantial because occasionally reality aligned with a prediction of yours as even a broken clock that sounds like a broken record happens to be right sometimes. Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel. When support really matters, such as backing up your arguments, those people aren't showing up because they know how faulty the arguments are and because they know there's a risk of a ban; it's only for so long that the mod team considers something an unreasonable opinion instead of trolling, even though the leeway seems to be tremendous at times (it took ages until Lawlight was given the boot for good). And when you get moderated, who is there to help you? Again, nobody. People don't want to be associated with you so closely, because they recognize that it could poorly reflect on themselves.

You've been here for a year now and there has been no visible improvement in your behavior despite repeated moderations, and more importantly, despite detailed explanations why your behavior is well below an acceptable standard. By now it's very easy to notice the ongoing frustration in the community, so like so many other times, I am the guy who says what so many people think, and they think that way for very good reasons.

So tell me, why should I refrain from filing a request that you get permabanned before this year is over? Because that would be a great Christmas present for this community.

Good point about the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles. For every 100k of those, Switch hardware has to be adjusted up by a good 15k units. Assuming 300k of those bundles, Switch hardware goes above 600k for November 22-26 in my previously outlined breakdown. Makes it more realistic to align with the statement that Switch beat Wii over that five-day-period, but comes with the tradeoff that fewer units are left to assign to the Pokémon Let's Go hardware boost. Other discounts shouldn't tip the scale too much.

Bad point about stores getting a cut. The $250m figure is consumer spending, so the retailer cut is irrelevant.

Edit: User was banned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

Well I think Rick is a great guy. He says some crazy things but when the chips are down and it matters he's always been right. The man's never lost a bet, that's the sign of a true visionary. 

Your post may have almost 40 likes but people who don't hate Rick can't dislike your post so that system is very biased. I hope the mob don't get their way and Rick can stay here forever. He's a good contributer. 

Well yeah, I mean Switch did fail of a cliff after holiday season like he predict, Switch didnt won not single NPD month this year like he predict, Nintendo games dont have legs and selling less like he predict, Switch will this year will be down or flat compared to last year like he predict...so yeah it obvious that he was always right, like you wrote, a true visionary.

Also you just proved this part of Rols post: "Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel".