By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

He said they will fall off a cliff while simultaneously selling 3-4x their first week sales.......a bit of a contradiction.

I said pokemon would, not smash. it would would fall of a cliff for a nintendo game which have the best legs in the industry. of course though any of my posts are gonna be highly scrutinized by you.

Stop playing the victim, you said pokemon would fall off a cliff yet predict it will sell 3-4x its first week sales which is right in line with the series past.

X/Y sold ~4m first week, lifetime is ~16m.

OR/AS sold ~3.5m first week, lifetime is ~14m.

S/M sold ~5m first week, lifetime is ~16m.

US/UM sold ~2m first week, lifetime is ~8m.

3-4x first week sales was normal for all the 3DS entries.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

yea i admitted i was off on that, but how many predictions did you get wrong this year? you been saying all year switch will blow away last year's numbers because it was supply constrained, you been wrong the whole year, and you will continue to be wrong just be ready to have my avatar in your profile again :). 

I hardly make predictions on switch games, it doesn't really interest me.

Out of interest, what did you bet on this time?

2 bets. switch would do 2 million, in december, and it would do 3 million in NPD for the holidays.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

I said pokemon would, not smash. it would would fall of a cliff for a nintendo game which have the best legs in the industry. of course though any of my posts are gonna be highly scrutinized by you.

Stop playing the victim, you said pokemon would fall off a cliff yet predict it will sell 3-4x its first week sales which is right in line with the series past.

I don't get what you are trying to say. all i'm gonna say is i expect 10 million LTD for pokemon, and sales to decline fast after the holidays.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

Out of interest, what did you bet on this time?

2 bets. switch would do 2 million, in december, and it would do 3 million in NPD for the holidays.

2m WW? Or just in the U.S.? I would say both bets are perfectly winnable for both sides (Particularly if the 2m is WW.) What happens if you win a bet each?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

2m WW? Or just in the U.S.? I would say both bets are perfectly winnable for both sides (Particularly if the 2m is WW.) What happens if you win a bet each?

3 million NPD for NOV/DEC, and 2 million for december NPD. only NPD which is US sales.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

It would be very interesting if someone digs up your predictions about sales for Nintendo Switch games, last two are for PLG and Smash Bros, and of course both of your predictions already looking wrong.

You said that Switch will be flat or even YoY this FY WW not just in US, and Switch is actually is even now YoY up in 1st 2 quarters of FY compared to last FY 1st two quarters, and offcourse biggest difference will be in Q3. You said Switch will not win not single one NPD month, and Switch won right away first month of year, so your predictions for hole year failed in first month. :D

yea i admitted i was off on that, but how many predictions did you get wrong this year? you been saying all year switch will blow away last year's numbers because it was supply constrained, you been wrong the whole year, and you will continue to be wrong just be ready to have my avatar in your profile again :). 

I hardly make predictions on switch games, it doesn't really interest me.

And I still stand behind that, this FY Switch number will be quite stronger than last years at end, last FY Switch shipped 15m, this year will be at least 18m+, while you were saying it will be down or even flat. Talking about bets, you are one that keep raising your predicted numbers while I stand by my predicted numbers. ;)

And yet you keep giving usually lowest predictions in sales threads, and you fail to realise you doing that only when comes to Nintendo.

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

Switch done last year in Nov+Dec around 2.3m in US alone, so 2m WW bet wouldnt make any sense. :)

Miyamotoo said:
peachbuggy said:

Switch done last year in Nov+Dec around 2.3m in US alone, so 2m WW bet wouldnt make any sense. :)

I didn't think that quote through, did i? :P

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

3 million NPD for NOV/DEC, and 2 million for december NPD. only NPD which is US sales.

I actually think Miyamotoo has a good shot for both those bets. Never back against Nintendo in months when BOTH Smash and pokemon are releasing! Nintendo also needs these sorts of numbers to reach their sales targets.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

I don't get what you are trying to say. all i'm gonna say is i expect 10 million LTD for pokemon, and sales to decline fast after the holidays.

You said legs will be poor and you also said you expect lifetime sales to be 3-4x as much as FW sales.

The last 4 pokemon duos lifetime sales were 3-4x as much as first week sales therefore it wouldnt be poor legs, it would be standard for the series.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.