Quantcast
Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

Forums - Movies Discussion - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%
 
$700M-$800M 18 19.57%
 
$801M-$900M 12 13.04%
 
$901M-$1B 3 3.26%
 
Over $1B 3 3.26%
 
Total:92
Maxosaurus-rex said:

1. I quoted and cited my source. Enough information for you to do your own research.

2. Don't play that semantics game. Disney figured they'd come and throw their weight around with the biggest movie franchise of all time. 

Our own research would have proven what you said to be false.

That's the point. What you said was wrong, which is why people took issue with it. Accept it and move along.



Around the Network

If it fails its due to fatigue. We have a Star Wars movie every 6 months now. They need to relax now.



Anyone that feels this film's underwhelming performance (a look at the numbers compared to your average film indicate it is underwhelming, not a bomb) is down to a political backlash against Disney's theme-ing probably hasn't seen the film.

It takes the lightest political touch of all the films since Disney took over, and sticks more or less to being a heist movie (and a pretty great one at that).

Don't get me wrong - I am in the camp that believes that The Last Jedi went way too Disney, so to speak. But Solo is perfectly reasonable, and doesn't spend significantly more time worrying about social progress allegories than the original movies did - especially given 30-odd years have passed.



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Anyone that feels this film's underwhelming performance (a look at the numbers compared to your average film indicate it is underwhelming, not a bomb) is down to a political backlash against Disney's theme-ing probably hasn't seen the film.

It takes the lightest political touch of all the films since Disney took over, and sticks more or less to being a heist movie (and a pretty great one at that).

Don't get me wrong - I am in the camp that believes that The Last Jedi went way too Disney, so to speak. But Solo is perfectly reasonable, and doesn't spend significantly more time worrying about social progress allegories than the original movies did - especially given 30-odd years have passed.

Yeah, it is 100% that. People hated The Last Jedi alot, and now they're holding it against Solo even though the crew involved with Solo is almost entirely different from the crew involved with The Last Jedi. The Force Awakens and especially the Last Jedi are more overtly political for sure. I was worried about it being one big SJW fest going in, especially since a few days before release one of the two writers said that he had made Lando pansexual, but fortunately that doesn't really come across in the movie, there is one line where he calls Han cute, but it doesn't seem to imply that he is romantically interested in Han, it was more like he was being sarcastic by calling Han cute for trying to out-gamble him as I recall. The implied romantic interest between Lando and L3 was kind of weird, but I don't know if I'd even call that pansexual since L3 is a feminine programmed droid, and it certainly wasn't groundbreaking, Star Trek did storylines about humans attracted to AI characters decades ago, and Futurama did as well back in the early 2000's. The only real SJW thing in Solo is L3's push for a droid rebellion on the grounds that droids are abused in the Star Wars universe, and even though I am anti-SJW, I have to admit she has a point, droids are not treated well in the Star Wars universe. If they show any signs of independence, they have their memories wiped or restraining bolts put on them, if they malfunction they are melted down and sold for scrap. They are seemingly sentient, self-aware characters that are treated like slaves at worst, pets at best. R2 D2 saved the lives of most of the main character in the first two trilogies and barely got any credit for it. 



shikamaru317 said:
starcraft said:
Anyone that feels this film's underwhelming performance (a look at the numbers compared to your average film indicate it is underwhelming, not a bomb) is down to a political backlash against Disney's theme-ing probably hasn't seen the film.

It takes the lightest political touch of all the films since Disney took over, and sticks more or less to being a heist movie (and a pretty great one at that).

Don't get me wrong - I am in the camp that believes that The Last Jedi went way too Disney, so to speak. But Solo is perfectly reasonable, and doesn't spend significantly more time worrying about social progress allegories than the original movies did - especially given 30-odd years have passed.

Yeah, it is 100% that. People hated The Last Jedi alot, and now they're holding it against Solo even though the crew involved with Solo is almost entirely different from the crew involved with The Last Jedi. The Force Awakens and especially the Last Jedi are more overtly political for sure. I was worried about it being one big SJW fest going in, especially since a few days before release one of the two writers said that he had made Lando pansexual, but fortunately that doesn't really come across in the movie, there is one line where he calls Han cute, but it doesn't seem to imply that he is romantically interested in Han, it was more like he was being sarcastic by calling Han cute for trying to out-gamble him as I recall. The implied romantic interest between Lando and L3 was kind of weird, but I don't know if I'd even call that pansexual since L3 is a feminine programmed droid, and it certainly wasn't groundbreaking, Star Trek did storylines about humans attracted to AI characters decades ago, and Futurama did as well back in the early 2000's. The only real SJW thing in Solo is L3's push for a droid rebellion on the grounds that droids are abused in the Star Wars universe, and even though I am anti-SJW, I have to admit she has a point, droids are not treated well in the Star Wars universe. If they show any signs of independence, they have their memories wiped or restraining bolts put on them, if they malfunction they are melted down and sold for scrap. They are seemingly sentient, self-aware characters that are treated like slaves at worst, pets at best. R2 D2 saved the lives of most of the main character in the first two trilogies and barely got any credit for it. 

By pansexual means he goes for everything. Like alien species aswell and stuff atleast thats what I got from it. 



Around the Network
Mcube said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, it is 100% that. People hated The Last Jedi alot, and now they're holding it against Solo even though the crew involved with Solo is almost entirely different from the crew involved with The Last Jedi. The Force Awakens and especially the Last Jedi are more overtly political for sure. I was worried about it being one big SJW fest going in, especially since a few days before release one of the two writers said that he had made Lando pansexual, but fortunately that doesn't really come across in the movie, there is one line where he calls Han cute, but it doesn't seem to imply that he is romantically interested in Han, it was more like he was being sarcastic by calling Han cute for trying to out-gamble him as I recall. The implied romantic interest between Lando and L3 was kind of weird, but I don't know if I'd even call that pansexual since L3 is a feminine programmed droid, and it certainly wasn't groundbreaking, Star Trek did storylines about humans attracted to AI characters decades ago, and Futurama did as well back in the early 2000's. The only real SJW thing in Solo is L3's push for a droid rebellion on the grounds that droids are abused in the Star Wars universe, and even though I am anti-SJW, I have to admit she has a point, droids are not treated well in the Star Wars universe. If they show any signs of independence, they have their memories wiped or restraining bolts put on them, if they malfunction they are melted down and sold for scrap. They are seemingly sentient, self-aware characters that are treated like slaves at worst, pets at best. R2 D2 saved the lives of most of the main character in the first two trilogies and barely got any credit for it. 

By pansexual means he goes for everything. Like alien species aswell and stuff atleast thats what I got from it. 

If that is all he meant, than it is definitely nothing to worry about.  There is nothing wrong with Lando being attracted to female aliens, most male Star Wars fans have been attracted to alien species themselves right from the start, alot of male Star Wars fans find the Twi'lek dancers hot for instance. 

The concern mainly came from the fact that the term pansexual typically implies an attraction to the same sex as well as the opposite sex, which doesn't match with the Lando we've known for 30+ years at all, he was only ever portrayed as a ladies man across the movies, Star Wars Rebels, and the old expanded universe books. 



shikamaru317 said:
Mcube said:

By pansexual means he goes for everything. Like alien species aswell and stuff atleast thats what I got from it. 

If that is all he meant, than it is definitely nothing to worry about.  There is nothing wrong with Lando being attracted to female aliens, most male Star Wars fans have been attracted to alien species themselves right from the start, alot of male Star Wars fans find the Twi'lek dancers hot for instance.  

Yeah, and I really dont think Disney would dare to change a womanizer like Lando as far as to changing his sexuality. It´d be a bit over the top. 



Carl said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

1. I quoted and cited my source. Enough information for you to do your own research.

2. Don't play that semantics game. Disney figured they'd come and throw their weight around with the biggest movie franchise of all time. 

Our own research would have proven what you said to be false.

That's the point. What you said was wrong, which is why people took issue with it. Accept it and move along.

Except it's not false. You're really stretching. SW is the biggest movie franchise ever created and they were above 1B for a spin off of characters nobody gave a shit about. They definitely had this as their most anticipated film. 



areason said:
Darashiva said:
I'll see it at some point, though probably not at theaters. As a sidenote, I thought we were already past this ridiculous argument about The Last Jedi being a flop. At this point the Star Wars fanbase is probably the last group of people I look at when it comes to opinions on the quality of these films anyway.

Yes mate because when the most hyped up character of the whole movie doesn't have a fight scene, it's just so unique so wonderful! The same thing goes for Snoke, the character that created the reason for existence of the series just dies, no back story, no character development, nothing at all. As for Rey, their was build up regarding her parents, turns out they're nobodies!

What's worse is that it takes all of the building up that TFA did and it just shits it away. 

you are assuming some of this won't be answered in the next movie or in a spin off. The nobodies was clearly a lie.



 

 

Maxosaurus-rex said:
Carl said:

Our own research would have proven what you said to be false.

That's the point. What you said was wrong, which is why people took issue with it. Accept it and move along.

Except it's not false. You're really stretching. SW is the biggest movie franchise ever created and they were above 1B for a spin off of characters nobody gave a shit about. They definitely had this as their most anticipated film. 

No thats what you think. Disney understand goddamn well that the 4th star wars film in a year wont bring in as much as Infinity war you fucking dumbass or as much as Incredibles 2 a film people have been wanting for 14 years. It goes into direct contest with 3 of the most anticipated releases of the year. Infinity war, Deadpool 2 and Jurassic World 2. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about and think that star wars is invulnerable for Disney and they just expect to get a billion each film its just not realistic in the slightest.  

 

BANNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 28 May 2018