Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oculus Rift+controllers now the same price as the PSVR headset.

Which is a better?

Oculus Rift
Playstation VR
results

Facebook has dropped the price of the Oculus Rift to $399. The Rift will also come with special controller and this deal last for the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykyW3NJ-2E

The Playstation VR standalone with only the headset cost $399.



Around the Network
Well gotta be competitive. Isn't psvr selling better?

This is excellent news for nvda and AMD stock



twintail said:
Well gotta be competitive. Isn't psvr selling better?

Yeah PSVR has been selling better.



jason1637 said:
twintail said:
Well gotta be competitive. Isn't psvr selling better?

Yeah PSVR has been selling better.

It's been no surprise to see so, which is why I'll have to ask; why do we need to ask if it's been selling better when the answer was obvious from the get-go?. 



                                 

Why I left console gaming

Great to see more high end VR hardware inching closer to main stream pricing. We need more VR users in all forms and fashions to get more games and resources. Hopefully this will help push a good number of units.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010

I don't know which one is better as I 'only' have psvr. Tracking should be better with OR, yet i've heard the screendoor effect is worse. Also 120fps goodness is reserved to psvr and that full RGB oled screen looks amazing.

Great to see the price become more competitive. It's CAD 550 here now, same as just the standalone psvr headset. Sold out or not available yet. I would need to build a new PC first anyway, plus I already have a backlog on psvr. No time for another headset.



Bit the bullet on this one cause of this game:

http://vrkanojo.com/index_en.php#conthome

It's like if Summer Lesson wasn't just a giant cocktease and actually had sex

I am now Just waiting for it to cum



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

jason1637 said:

Facebook has dropped the price of the Oculus Rift to $399. The Rift will also come with special controller and this deal last for the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykyW3NJ-2E

The Playstation VR standalone with only the headset cost $399.

That's a good deal. It was also much needed sine the Rift has been the worst selling of the major VR headsets despite being the one that started off with the most buzz around it.

 

As for your poll, the tracking is better on the Rift but the headset itself isn't as nice as PSVR.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
jason1637 said:

Facebook has dropped the price of the Oculus Rift to $399. The Rift will also come with special controller and this deal last for the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykyW3NJ-2E

The Playstation VR standalone with only the headset cost $399.

That's a good deal. It was also much needed sine the Rift has been the worst selling of the major VR headsets despite being the one that started off with the most buzz around it.

 

As for your poll, the tracking is better on the Rift but the headset itself isn't as nice as PSVR.

Yeah i really like the design of the PSVR. It looks a lot "cooler" than the Rift.