By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oculus Rift+controllers now the same price as the PSVR headset.

Which is a better?

Oculus Rift 37 29.13%

Playstation VR 65 51.18%

results 25 19.69%

Total:127
SvennoJ said:

I don't know which one is better as I 'only' have psvr. Tracking should be better with OR, yet i've heard the screendoor effect is worse. Also 120fps goodness is reserved to psvr and that full RGB oled screen looks amazing.

Great to see the price become more competitive. It's CAD 550 here now, same as just the standalone psvr headset. Sold out or not available yet. I would need to build a new PC first anyway, plus I already have a backlog on psvr. No time for another headset.

Really? Hmm interesting cause screen door effect seems to be reviewer dependent for psvr/oculus since some say oculus is better while others say psvr is better. And while PSVR can do 120hz refresh rate in like cinema mode, natively, it is 90hz no?

https://www.wareable.com/vr/oculus-rift-vs-playstation-vr

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Man, I'd like to get in on this. But, I'd need a new PC too. So, we're talking about $1500 at least between the PC and Rift. If I spent that on VR, I'd have to let my wife get that $2500 couch she wants. That makes the real cost $4000. Can't justify it.

jason1637 said:
Normchacho said:

That's a good deal. It was also much needed sine the Rift has been the worst selling of the major VR headsets despite being the one that started off with the most buzz around it.

As for your poll, the tracking is better on the Rift but the headset itself isn't as nice as PSVR.

Yeah i really like the design of the PSVR. It looks a lot "cooler" than the Rift.

It does look better, and it's a good deal more comfortable aswell. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

VAMatt said:
Man, I'd like to get in on this. But, I'd need a new PC too. So, we're talking about $1500 at least between the PC and Rift. If I spent that on VR, I'd have to let my wife get that $2500 couch she wants. That makes the real cost $4000. Can't justify it.

A good couch is worth every penny.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
VAMatt said:

I'm not anti-couch. I'm anti spending $4000.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
Normchacho said:

I'm not anti-couch. I'm anti spending $4000.

Fair enough.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Well Rift is better obviously, there is no arguments here...
Now if you are talking about the value... I think PSVR is less expensive at the end, you still need the computer to back it up while you need a in-expensive PS4 for the PSVR.

Doesn't connect to the PS4, useless.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VAMatt said:

Does this count for a PC at any point in the future?, so that would also mean you'll never ever build one on the account that your shared expenses would be fairly spent by not only you but your wife?.

I'm seeing some weird "really wanna build, but can't" excuses. Just save up and look for different parts. You don't need a fabled 1500-2k PC for VR.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
VAMatt said:

Does this count for a PC at any point in the future?, so that would also mean you'll never ever build one on the account that your shared expenses would be fairly spent by not only you but your wife?.

I'm seeing some weird "really wanna build, but can't" excuses. Just save up and look for different parts. You don't need a fabled 1500-2k PC for VR.

The Rift costs 400€, the GPU and CPU 450€, the rest 500€+. How are his assessment incorrect?

https://support.oculus.com/1633938460220125/