Quantcast
NintenDominion: Nintendo Switch Lite Announced, Coming 9/20/19

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDominion: Nintendo Switch Lite Announced, Coming 9/20/19

mZuzek said:

curl-6 said:

Some caps from the Switch port:

Far out, I think we may have a new competitor in the field of "best looking Switch game"...

To think we have this running on the same system that has Bloodstained at 720p 30fps...

Not all devs are created equal I suppose; even on PS4/Xbone/PC Ethan Carter is a much more graphically impressive game than Bloodstained.

I was going to say there's also the factor that the Bloodstained guys were working on 4 platforms at once while the Ethan Carter devs, (The Astronuats, out of Poland) have gone back years after the PS4/Xbone releases to rebuild it for Switch, though now that I type this I remember they're also working on a new game as well, so I guess their resources are still split.



Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

To think we have this running on the same system that has Bloodstained at 720p 30fps...

Not all devs are created equal I suppose; even on PS4/Xbone/PC Ethan Carter is a much more graphically impressive game than Bloodstained.

I was going to say there's also the factor that the Bloodstained guys were working on 4 platforms at once while the Ethan Carter devs, (The Astronuats, out of Poland) have gone back years after the PS4/Xbone releases to rebuild it for Switch, though now that I type this I remember they're also working on a new game as well, so I guess their resources are still split.

And either of them is much more graphically impressive than Pokémon Sword and Shield. Truly, not all devs are created equal... that was my point, anyway.



EA admits they had "good success" with FIFA on Switch.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/342414-ea-says-they-re-absolutely-looking-into-bringing-more-games-to



Lots of new indies were just announced
among others:
Ori
Risk of Rain 2
Hotline Miami



German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon August 2019 thread

And let's not forget The Touryst by Shi'nen ! No more futuristic racing games but instead an adventure game with a cool aesthetic !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I'm still infuriated that Nintendo isn't giving us another F-Zero. FAST Racing League just doesn't cut it god dammit!



Some days I just blow up.

Eastward is going to sell like pancakes on the Switch compared to the other platforms and The Touryst has the potential to be Shin'en's best selling game.



wombat123 said:
Eastward is going to sell like pancakes on the Switch compared to the other platforms and The Touryst has the potential to be Shin'en's best selling game.

Ok, but what makes you think it will be their biggest hit?



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
wombat123 said:
Eastward is going to sell like pancakes on the Switch compared to the other platforms and The Touryst has the potential to be Shin'en's best selling game.

Ok, but what makes you think it will be their biggest hit?

At first glance it seems to be more fully featured compared to their past titles while being part of a genre (adventure) that, in my opinion, has more mass appeal on Nintendo platforms.  That being said, it has to be a good game to have a chance at being Shin'en's best selling title so you can say I'm guilty of jumping the gun if you want.



The Witcher 3 gameplay for the Switch has just been shown at the Gamescon opening Night.Probably going to be uploaded to Nintendo channel soon enough.