Quantcast
May 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software numbers up!

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software numbers up!

princevenom said:
FIT_Gamer said:
So all three XB1S sku's launch in August. Just on different days.

yep and i think sony will cut ps4 price at august and announce a new cod bundlle at 245$ 

$245? when has a console ever been priced $245?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
princevenom said:

yep and i think sony will cut ps4 price at august and announce a new cod bundlle at 245$ 

$245? when has a console ever been priced $245?

lol sorry i ment $249 forgive my mistake 



princevenom said:
zorg1000 said:

$245? when has a console ever been priced $245?

lol sorry i ment $249 forgive my mistake 

alright ill forgive you.............this time



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Aquamarine said:

A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone who mentioned me or noticed me or gave thanks to me both here, on NeoGAF, and other places.

With my exceptionally busy schedule, managing the companies that I run, and my semi-retirement from forums after how NeoGAF treated me it's incredibly difficult to find time to sort through the mountains of App Annie / NPD / GfK / etc. data that we receive at JPMorgan Chase, participate in discussions, and abide by the guidelines NPD has given me for data dissemination.

I do it because it's appreciated...it's all up to you guys and your enthusiasm. If people stop caring in the future then I'll stop caring too. My other passions (like writing and directing) far outweigh sales analysis and it always makes me sad coming back.

Remember to also thank The NPD Group for graciously allowing me to share data publicly on a tentative basis. If they weren't on-board then I wouldn't be here.

Reading through the NeoGAF thread I found it amusing how so many users want me back on NeoGAF. It's fundamentally absurd to have a moderation team which acts directly antithetical to the wishes and desires of its users. I have never done anything on any online Internet community that would justify shunning. All I've done and tried to do since 2012 is help people even when it put myself at risk. That does not, nor should it ever, warrant this sort of ostracization I've endured which abuses and harms those who devoted so much of their time and energy to helping the NeoGAF community.

In my own capacity i highly appreciate your contribution and more than that your time to provide sales numbers but also your valuable comments and insight. Thank you for providing them. 



I wonder what happened to Creamsugar. It would be a real shame if he never showed up again (and it would put a lot of pressure on me :P).



Also, interesting thing to note....the legs of Battlefront are getting worse and worse over time compared to Battlefield.

Software comparison (excluding bundles):

Battfleield 4 (Oct 2013 NPD + Nov 2013 NPD): 2376K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Nov 2015 NPD): 1725K LTD (-27%)

Battlefield 4 (Dec 2013 NPD): 3741K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Dec 2015 NPD): 3568K LTD (-5%)

Battlefield 4 (Jan 2014 NPD): 3946K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Jan 2016 NPD): 3742K LTD (-5%)

Battlefield 4 (Feb 2014 NPD): 4141K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Feb 2016 NPD): 3854K LTD (-7%)

Battflefield 4 (Mar 2014 NPD): 4284K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Mar 2016 NPD) 3930K LTD (-8%)

Battflefield 4 (Apr 2014 NPD): 4373K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Apr 2016 NPD): 3973K LTD (-9%)

Battfleield 4 (May 2014 NPD): 4437K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (May 2016 NPD): 4011K LTD (-10%)



Around the Network
Aquamarine said:

I wonder what happened to Creamsugar. It would be a real shame if he never showed up again (and it would put a lot of pressure on me :P).



Also, interesting thing to note....the legs of Battlefront are getting worse and worse over time compared to Battlefield.

Software comparison (excluding bundles):

Battfleield 4 (Oct 2013 NPD + Nov 2013 NPD): 2376K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Nov 2015 NPD): 1725K LTD (-27%)

Battlefield 4 (Dec 2013 NPD): 3741K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Dec 2015 NPD): 3568K LTD (-5%)

Battlefield 4 (Jan 2014 NPD): 3946K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Jan 2016 NPD): 3742K LTD (-5%)

Battlefield 4 (Feb 2014 NPD): 4141K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Feb 2016 NPD): 3854K LTD (-7%)

Battflefield 4 (Mar 2014 NPD): 4284K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Mar 2016 NPD) 3930K LTD (-8%)

Battflefield 4 (Apr 2014 NPD): 4373K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Apr 2016 NPD): 3973K LTD (-9%)

Battfleield 4 (May 2014 NPD): 4437K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (May 2016 NPD): 4011K LTD (-10%)

Cream. I love you and all, but i kinda suspect that the reason he don't post anymore is because of you... He know that now there is another girl who show numbers, and maybe he just let do it to you.

I mean, is a coincidence he stopped post numbers only after your appearance? Maybe... but that's could be very strange.

 

Don't get me wrong, i love you'r work, i just believe this is most likely the reason... just for be fure, maybe you can not post numbers next month until Cream post, and if even in that case he won't post, then you release numbers as always. Could this work? Just asking, what you think?

 

Also thanks for those Battlefield / Star Wars numbers. Looks like Battlefield 4 has better sales, but if we include bundle should Star Wars  be if i'm not wrong about 5.13 million?

And if we include digital sales, looks like Star Wars wins by an huge margin.



Ryng_Tolu said:
Aquamarine said:

I wonder what happened to Creamsugar. It would be a real shame if he never showed up again (and it would put a lot of pressure on me :P).



Also, interesting thing to note....the legs of Battlefront are getting worse and worse over time compared to Battlefield.

Software comparison (excluding bundles):

Battfleield 4 (Oct 2013 NPD + Nov 2013 NPD): 2376K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Nov 2015 NPD): 1725K LTD (-27%)

Battlefield 4 (Dec 2013 NPD): 3741K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Dec 2015 NPD): 3568K LTD (-5%)

Battlefield 4 (Jan 2014 NPD): 3946K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Jan 2016 NPD): 3742K LTD (-5%)

Battlefield 4 (Feb 2014 NPD): 4141K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Feb 2016 NPD): 3854K LTD (-7%)

Battflefield 4 (Mar 2014 NPD): 4284K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Mar 2016 NPD) 3930K LTD (-8%)

Battflefield 4 (Apr 2014 NPD): 4373K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (Apr 2016 NPD): 3973K LTD (-9%)

Battfleield 4 (May 2014 NPD): 4437K LTD
Star Wars Battlefront (May 2016 NPD): 4011K LTD (-10%)

Cream. I love you and all, but i kinda suspect that the reason he don't post anymore is because of you... He know that now there is another girl who show numbers, and maybe he just let do it to you.

I mean, is a coincidence he stopped post numbers only after your appearance? Maybe... but that's could be very strange.

 

Don't get me wrong, i love you'r work, i just believe this is most likely the reason... just for be fure, maybe you can not post numbers next month until Cream post, and if even in that case he won't post, then you release numbers as always. Could this work? Just asking, what you think?

But I helped out in March and Creamsugar was there as well.

And I helped on NeoGAF for years and that didn't seem to faze him.

I wonder what happened all of a sudden that he didn't show up for April and May.

 

There were some months in 2013 that he disappeared so maybe he just doesn't care about these months.



Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Cream. I love you and all, but i kinda suspect that the reason he don't post anymore is because of you... He know that now there is another girl who show numbers, and maybe he just let do it to you.

I mean, is a coincidence he stopped post numbers only after your appearance? Maybe... but that's could be very strange.

 

Don't get me wrong, i love you'r work, i just believe this is most likely the reason... just for be fure, maybe you can not post numbers next month until Cream post, and if even in that case he won't post, then you release numbers as always. Could this work? Just asking, what you think?

But I helped out in March and Creamsugar was there as well.

And I helped on NeoGAF for years and that didn't seem to faze him.

I wonder what happened all of a sudden that he didn't show up for April and May.

 

There were some months in 2013 that he disappeared so maybe he just doesn't care about these months.

Jhon in April posted that the split between Dark Souls III was 70/30 for PS4... but he rarely post leaks.

 

I'm only worried for Cream, if he didn't posted numbers because of you what could be?

 

Well, maybe we can just wait and see if will back in June...



Ryng_Tolu said:
Aquamarine said:

But I helped out in March and Creamsugar was there as well.

And I helped on NeoGAF for years and that didn't seem to faze him.

I wonder what happened all of a sudden that he didn't show up for April and May.

 

There were some months in 2013 that he disappeared so maybe he just doesn't care about these months.

Jhon in April posted that the split between Dark Souls III was 70/30 for PS4... but he rarely post leaks.

 

I'm only worried for Cream, if he didn't posted numbers because of you what could be?

 

Well, maybe we can just wait and see if will back in June...

Maybe Cream doesn't leak anymore because he is afraid of what happenned to Aquamarine happen to him/her too?

Like he/she doesn't want to get harassed, or worse fired, if EvilLore gives personnals information they have on him (like his email) to the NPD group?



globalisateur said:

Maybe Cream doesn't leak anymore because he is afraid of what happenned to Aquamarine happen to him/her too?

Like he/she doesn't want to get harassed, or worse fired, if EvilLore gives personnals information they have on him (like his email) to the NPD group?

No is not this, i mean this has not stopped this before, why should now?