Quantcast
Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Tagged games:

Will you buy Xenoblade X?

Fucking Yesss! 157 83.96%
 
Im not so sure anymore 18 9.63%
 
Nope. 12 6.42%
 
Total:187

Oh, I forgot about my other concern.

My only other option for the holidays is Rodea: The Sky Warrior and Fatal Frame.

That means that NoA really has to go all-out with Xenoblade X, and I'd be damned if the characters weren't borderline un-advertisable.



 
I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
Oh, I forgot about my other concern.

My only other option for the holidays is Rodea: The Sky Warrior and Fatal Frame.

That means that NoA really has to go all-out with Xenoblade X, and I'd be damned if the characters weren't borderline un-advertisable.

They just gotta take a page from Oblivion and Skyrim and not focus on the character models but the world.  Oblivion's and Fallout's faces were far worse and didn't deter people.



Nuvendil said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
Oh, I forgot about my other concern.

My only other option for the holidays is Rodea: The Sky Warrior and Fatal Frame.

That means that NoA really has to go all-out with Xenoblade X, and I'd be damned if the characters weren't borderline un-advertisable.

They just gotta take a page from Oblivion and Skyrim and not focus on the character models but the world.  Oblivion's and Fallout's faces were far worse and didn't deter people.


Oh yeah, but I still think that the faces will deter people.

And, well, NoA went out and said Xenoblade was too niche at one point. Well, uh, when your title with the best sales potential is something you call "niche," you better rethink it!



 
I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Nuvendil said:

They just gotta take a page from Oblivion and Skyrim and not focus on the character models but the world.  Oblivion's and Fallout's faces were far worse and didn't deter people.


Oh yeah, but I still think that the faces will deter people.

And, well, NoA went out and said Xenoblade was too niche at one point. Well, uh, when your title with the best sales potential is something you call "niche," you better rethink it!


That niche comment is quite old.  Unless you mean that random dude who got fired from Nintendo for doing an unauthorized interview.  In which case, he isn't Nintendo and doesn't speak for them on such big picture stuff (him doing so is what got him fired :P).  And I don't doubt there will be some people petty enough to get huffy over the faces.  But there's worse faces in numerous other successful games.  And, more importantly, its just the faces.  Armor design and whatnot seems to go over perfectly well.  And there are also people who are fine with the faces.  I'm just saying, their approach just has to be correct.  Focus on the scale, the vastness, that's what sells people.  I mean, Destiny doesn't have the best character models (and definitely not the best character creator) but people are fine with that.  Because they are serviceable for their purpose and the focus of the promotion is the spectacle, the scale, etc.  They focus on the epicness that sells numerous franchises and they should do fine.



Goodnightmoon said:
Tamron said:


I believe thats called confirmation bias.

You have played the game, what is your opinion about it? Should we worry?

It depends on how well its localized, and from what we have seen so far, im not holding on to much hope.



Around the Network
Tamron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You have played the game, what is your opinion about it? Should we worry?

It depends on how well its localized, and from what we have seen so far, im not holding on to much hope.

But some people say the story is not the best part of the game, and yet the quality of the localizations affects so much to the quality of the game? Is the english voices or the translation what looks bad to you?



Goodnightmoon said:
Tamron said:

It depends on how well its localized, and from what we have seen so far, im not holding on to much hope.

But some people say the story is not the best part of the game, and yet the quality of the localizations affects so much to the quality of the game? Is the english voices or the translation what looks bad to you?

Both voices and translation, they make a mediocre story worse, and cuts in to the enjoyment of combat because the already repetitive battle communication adds "anoying" to its laundry list too.

Not looking good at all



Tamron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But some people say the story is not the best part of the game, and yet the quality of the localizations affects so much to the quality of the game? Is the english voices or the translation what looks bad to you?

Both voices and translation, they make a mediocre story worse, and cuts in to the enjoyment of combat because the already repetitive battle communication adds "anoying" to its laundry list too.

Not looking good at all

And your opinion about the japanese game? I swear I stop now.



I'm not worried at all. I'm positive I'll love this one ! Can't wait.



Why we should be worry?
Japanese reviews are pretty positive.