Quantcast
Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Normally I would say something, but this is hilarious so I'll just stay quiet.



"Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day"

Around the Network
uran10 said:
vivster said:

But you're ok with homoerotica like Yowamushi?

And how is it homoerotica? A bunch of guys in a bike club being friends and competing with other guys is homoerotica or something that happens in real life anyway...  Maybe if you stopped looking for "romance" where there is none you could see something called "friendship"

You just devalued everything you said about K-On.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
uran10 said:

And how is it homoerotica? A bunch of guys in a bike club being friends and competing with other guys is homoerotica or something that happens in real life anyway...  Maybe if you stopped looking for "romance" where there is none you could see something called "friendship"

You just devalued everything you said about K-On.

That's the funny thing, I never said anything about K-On. I just spoke about my opinion on Yuri. Nice try tho :P



Japan Switch Sales comparison vs 3ds and Wii u: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

I don't watch very much anime but I think the new Berserk has to be one of the ugliest animes I've watched. I don't understand the 2D/3D mix, both look terrible even on their own.. The 2D looks good in the still frames that are basically traced right out of the manga but is a crude, choppy mess in motion. The 3D is sometimes solid enough but mostly just wonky and soulless, and suffers from shit frame rate. I'm going to keep watching just because it's Berserk, but fuuuuuuck they made it really difficult to watch. I hope they do some serious polishing for the blu-ray release.



ARamdomGamer said:
Yuri is love, Yuri is life

Not without it's brother... 

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:
meh poll
I'm not really in to shipping at the best of times, but girl x girl only? Boo!

You can do Sawako-chan x Satoshi(the only male in the anime).

People are complaining that it's a girl only poll but can't even name a male character in K-On.

Choose an story with guys on it? Nanoha is known for it's yuri fans but even the creator left it at "married to the job" so if fans wanted a pairing, they'd have to try being inventive... 

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

You can do Sawako-chan x Satoshi(the only male in the anime).

People are complaining that it's a girl only poll but can't even name a male character in K-On.

Who are sawako and satoshi?

@bolded that could be on the poll for 'reasons K-On sucks!'

We need dudes!

A couple might have been a good thing. Free didn't have any problems adding two girls into it. I see double standards, which is why I never liked Kyoto Animation in the bloody first place... 

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Who are sawako and satoshi?

@bolded that could be on the poll for 'reasons K-On sucks!'

We need dudes!

No we don't. For what?

Diversity? 

ARamdomGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Who are sawako and satoshi?

@bolded that could be on the poll for 'reasons K-On sucks!'

We need dudes!

No...just no.

Yes, so long as they don't steal their thunder. A cool Beatles comparison might have made things more interesting, but K-On already bastardized that by straying away from rock as a genre... 

LuckyTrouble said:
I have seen most of one episode of K-On. It was pretty k but I didn't bother keeping it on.

Pun detected... 

uran10 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

No...just no.

not sticking up for ka-pi (especially after the post above), but not everyone wants yuri. I personally don't want anything to do with yuri anime.

I want a bit of both... Having only one flavor certainly sounds annoying, but two or more is perfect... 

Versus_Evil said:
Normally I would say something, but this is hilarious so I'll just stay quiet.

And you call yourself an Arbiter? That's it! I am seizing that title away from you. Thel would be ashamed! 



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

    Around the Network
    AsGryffynn said:

    vivster said:

    You can do Sawako-chan x Satoshi(the only male in the anime).

    People are complaining that it's a girl only poll but can't even name a male character in K-On.

    Choose an story with guys on it? Nanoha is known for it's yuri fans but even the creator left it at "married to the job" so if fans wanted a pairing, they'd have to try being inventive... 


    vivster said:

    No we don't. For what?

    Diversity? 

    The vast vast vast vast majority of anime has a male main character, a lot of them with a ratio tilted towards men. Aren't girl only animes the ones striving for diversity?



    If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

    Amanchu is great so far, very chill and funny, also Pikari is the best.



    ARamdomGamer said:

    Amanchu is great so far, very chill and funny, also Pikari is the best.

     

    Not surprising. It's by the same Manga artist and director of Aria. The chillest anime ever made.

    If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

    Sareth said:
    I don't watch very much anime but I think the new Berserk has to be one of the ugliest animes I've watched. I don't understand the 2D/3D mix, both look terrible even on their own.. The 2D looks good in the still frames that are basically traced right out of the manga but is a crude, choppy mess in motion. The 3D is sometimes solid enough but mostly just wonky and soulless, and suffers from shit frame rate. I'm going to keep watching just because it's Berserk, but fuuuuuuck they made it really difficult to watch. I hope they do some serious polishing for the blu-ray release.

    Berserk deserves better, simple as that. The art for the manga is amazing and with 3d most of the time it really can't highlight that art and instead just makes it look soulless like you said. If they had made the entire anime like the 2d they do sometimes, it would've been a lot better. I doubt the blue ray release will be able to fix this...I'll keep watching it since it's Berserk, but probably when it's done I'll go back to reading the manga from the very beginning again.



     

    Shadow8 said:

    Not necessarily anime news, but the new Berserk game is coming to the west this Fall for PC,PS4 and Vita.

    http://gematsu.com/2016/07/koei-tecmo-berserk-launches-fall-west

    Looks better than the anime...

    Actual anime news. New SHAFT anime for next season has a great staff mostly comprised of people that worked on the Monogatari series and Madoka Magica. It's called Sangatsu no Lion or March comes in like a Lion. Might be worth a look when it airs.

    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-07-15/shaft-march-comes-in-like-a-lion-anime-listed-with-22-episodes/.104352


    I'll have to keep an eye on that Berserk. If it seems good, I'll get it.