Quantcast
Steam Holiday Sale is OVER - What did YOU get?

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale is OVER - What did YOU get?

Slimebeast said:

Cool, you crawled from under your rock because you saw Crusader Kings. You've been a VGC member forever but we haven't see you much in a long time.

Yeah, 270 hours is extensive. I wish I could get into it and get hooked. I love the "only one more turn" feeling.

I love complex games and hate dumbing down, but still a steep learning curve is often an obstacle to me.

Maybe I should go for Civ 5 or something. It's much much easier to get into, isn't it?

Btw, as a Paradox game lover, do you consider games such as Civ 5 too easy?

I honestly don't know, I've neither played nor properly looked into the Civilization games. But from what I've heard, Civ V is more accessible/dumbed down (depends on who you ask) than the previous entries. But in regard to your question: easy =/= simple. Many of my other favorite games are 2D platformers and other strategy games with less... front-loaded learning curves than CKII. I'm really fine with any learning curve as long as the time it takes to start enjoying the game isn't more than, say, a fifth of the time the game remains enjoyable after that. So no, I don't.

And yeah, I'm not really a frequent visitor. I'm not quite sure what that relates to, though. :P



Around the Network

anybody else having trouble logging in?



MohammadBadir said:
anybody else having trouble logging in?


Steam is slow, that's for sure. Seems to be under heavy load.



pezus said:
MohammadBadir said:
anybody else having trouble logging in?


Steam is slow, that's for sure. Seems to be under heavy load.


Yep having the same issue, maybe its cause of the FREE Left 4 Dead 2 that Valve is giving away XD!



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

I keep getting an error message right now. I hope things clear up soon.



Around the Network
The_Botman said:

I keep getting an error message right now. I hope things clear up soon.

Me too. Heavy load. I wonder if online play is affected



Slimebeast said:
pezus said:
Slimebeast said:
How do you have time to play all these cheap games? I bought Age 2 HD + Forgotten Realms and it's been sweet so far although the multiplayer seems even less stable than it was in the past.

I was thinking of buying Crusader Kings 2 but it seems very complex and perhaps boring. Anyone played it extensively?

I've only played the demo and it seemed to have a very steep learning curve. But I hear that after you've learned the mechanics it becomes really fun. It's made by Paradox, the masters of complex strategy games.

Yeah they're the masters but does anybody on VGC even play them? Have you honestly played any of their strategy games extensively and do you have the Steam achievements to prove it?

I got like 400 hours on Europa 4 :D.  I got over 700 hours on Civ 5 too.  Honestly though after learning how to play Europa, it's very hard to play civ.  If you become good at Europa it civ feels too shallow.



Shakarak on Nintendo Switch, Steam.

Gotten Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, Faster than Light, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution so far.

...not buying things is hard.



new egg has Boarderlands 2 and 1 for $10.78. Pretty impressive.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Dec-0-2013/48Ho-urs-sale_24/index-landing.html#Up100



Shakarak on Nintendo Switch, Steam.

shakarak said:
Slimebeast said:
pezus said:
Slimebeast said:
How do you have time to play all these cheap games? I bought Age 2 HD + Forgotten Realms and it's been sweet so far although the multiplayer seems even less stable than it was in the past.

I was thinking of buying Crusader Kings 2 but it seems very complex and perhaps boring. Anyone played it extensively?

I've only played the demo and it seemed to have a very steep learning curve. But I hear that after you've learned the mechanics it becomes really fun. It's made by Paradox, the masters of complex strategy games.

Yeah they're the masters but does anybody on VGC even play them? Have you honestly played any of their strategy games extensively and do you have the Steam achievements to prove it?

I got like 400 hours on Europa 4 :D.  I got over 700 hours on Civ 5 too.  Honestly though after learning how to play Europa, it's very hard to play civ.  If you become good at Europa it civ feels too shallow.

Cool. How old is Europa 4?

What do u think of Civ 5 compared to Civ 4?

Have you played Endless Space?