Quantcast
Tales PS Vita games havenít been brought to North America due to poor sales

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales PS Vita games havenít been brought to North America due to poor sales

sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
And people used to tell me sales don't matter.....:)

Considering these same titles were releasd on the DS first, then I'd wager they really don't.

Well it determines frequency of release/lack of release, sequel viability, and regional/platform availability, but im sure u knew that

Of course, it all factors in, but you're seeing other smaller companies doing an arguably better job with their localization of similar sized games. If XSeed, NISA, and Atlus are doing it (and having success!), why can't the much larger Namco Bandai do it?

Its all about risk and reward, taking chances and what not. Just because your a bigger company, doesnt mean you should be reckless with your money. Namco doesn't see the return on a investment, they don't do it. Their wallet should have no bearing on that.

But I think it does and other companies certainly do. With the type of fanbase that Tales has and the nature of the games, I think it's more than beneficial to bring over the games in the series for the fans and to build up goodwill with said fanbase. People are far more likely to support a company who they think cares about them. In a lot of people's minds, that what Atlus and Nippon Ichi are as they bring over a ton of things big and small regardless of how much it could make. Aksys is also in this boat (Agarest War, Hakouki, etc.) and I think they've benefitted from it.



Around the Network
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
And people used to tell me sales don't matter.....:)

Considering these same titles were releasd on the DS first, then I'd wager they really don't.

Well it determines frequency of release/lack of release, sequel viability, and regional/platform availability, but im sure u knew that

Of course, it all factors in, but you're seeing other smaller companies doing an arguably better job with their localization of similar sized games. If XSeed, NISA, and Atlus are doing it (and having success!), why can't the much larger Namco Bandai do it?

Its all about risk and reward, taking chances and what not. Just because your a bigger company, doesnt mean you should be reckless with your money. Namco doesn't see the return on a investment, they don't do it. Their wallet should have no bearing on that.

But I think it does and other companies certainly do. With the type of fanbase that Tales has and the nature of the games, I think it's more than beneficial to bring over the games in the series for the fans and to build up goodwill with said fanbase. People are far more likely to support a company who they think cares about them. In a lot of people's minds, that what Atlus and Nippon Ichi are as they bring over a ton of things big and small regardless of how much it could make. Aksys is also in this boat (Agarest War, Hakouki, etc.) and I think they've benefitted from it.

I agree with that, but I also agree that its safer to wait a year or two for the Vita to build up a bigger instal base before doing said good will gestures.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

outlawauron said:
But I think it does and other companies certainly do. With the type of fanbase that Tales has and the nature of the games, I think it's more than beneficial to bring over the games in the series for the fans and to build up goodwill with said fanbase. People are far more likely to support a company who they think cares about them. In a lot of people's minds, that what Atlus and Nippon Ichi are as they bring over a ton of things big and small regardless of how much it could make. Aksys is also in this boat (Agarest War, Hakouki, etc.) and I think they've benefitted from it.

Why, though? You'll buy them anyway if they come later, right? There is no compelling reason to *lose money* on a proposition to satisfy some ephemerl sense of goodwill. Generally, it won't actually be appreciated by most of the fanbase because the next time this happens--the next time another Tales game is 'held hostage'-- they'll turn on you in a nanosecond and bitch that you didn't bring that game over to engender "goodwill".

(I'm not saying you, personally, woudn't appreciaite it and respond in kind, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think that most fans will appreciate this for any more than a few minutes, then it'l be back to baseline and "what haae you done for me lately"...really,it's the same for pretty mch everything  in today's entitlement culture.)



ECM said:
outlawauron said:
But I think it does and other companies certainly do. With the type of fanbase that Tales has and the nature of the games, I think it's more than beneficial to bring over the games in the series for the fans and to build up goodwill with said fanbase. People are far more likely to support a company who they think cares about them. In a lot of people's minds, that what Atlus and Nippon Ichi are as they bring over a ton of things big and small regardless of how much it could make. Aksys is also in this boat (Agarest War, Hakouki, etc.) and I think they've benefitted from it.

Why, though? You'll buy them anyway if they come later, right? There is no compelling reason to *lose money* on a proposition to satisfy some ephemerl sense of goodwill. Generally, it won't actually be appreciated by most of the fanbase because the next time this happens--the next time another Tales game is 'held hostage'-- they'll turn on you in a nanosecond and bitch that you didn't bring that game over to engender "goodwill".

(I'm not saying you, personally, woudn't appreciaite it and respond in kind, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think that most fans will appreciate this for any more than a few minutes, then it'l be back to baseline and "what haae you done for me lately"...really,it's the same for pretty mch everything  in today's entitlement culture.)

I'll buy them if they come later, but there are definitely time windows in which it's best to release games. The farther from the Japanese release you wait, the less excited a base is about the game. A quick turnaround is a much appreciated gesture and even though they're bringing over Xillia, many have forgotten because of the incredibly long delays and complete absence of news and information for it. There's no guarantee they'll lose money though, it's speculation. However, we have seen other companies make money on the smaller platform and they have far more to lose than a larger company. That's more of the point I was getting across.

What other main Tales games have we missed? I can understand that they're not bring over spin-offs (Radiant Mythology, Tales of VS, etc.) but to not bring over main games (which Hearts is!) is like not localization Final Fantasy XIII! It's a major "mothership" title and there's no format or medium for the fans to play it. I do understand the internet is very whiny at times, but Namco has never really bothered to help itself.

 

Edit: I know I'm not your typical fan, but the said goodwill has guaranteed my business. I've bought every single NISA product for years, even for series that I'm crazy about, I do so to support them (and order from them directly and cut out retail). Of course, I'm not suffering for this as will at least enjoy it all, but it's takes a lot for me to gut or day one buy anything else.



sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
outlawauron said:
sales2099 said:
And people used to tell me sales don't matter.....:)

Considering these same titles were releasd on the DS first, then I'd wager they really don't.

Well it determines frequency of release/lack of release, sequel viability, and regional/platform availability, but im sure u knew that

Of course, it all factors in, but you're seeing other smaller companies doing an arguably better job with their localization of similar sized games. If XSeed, NISA, and Atlus are doing it (and having success!), why can't the much larger Namco Bandai do it?

Its all about risk and reward, taking chances and what not. Just because your a bigger company, doesnt mean you should be reckless with your money. Namco doesn't see the return on a investment, they don't do it. Their wallet should have no bearing on that.

But I think it does and other companies certainly do. With the type of fanbase that Tales has and the nature of the games, I think it's more than beneficial to bring over the games in the series for the fans and to build up goodwill with said fanbase. People are far more likely to support a company who they think cares about them. In a lot of people's minds, that what Atlus and Nippon Ichi are as they bring over a ton of things big and small regardless of how much it could make. Aksys is also in this boat (Agarest War, Hakouki, etc.) and I think they've benefitted from it.

I agree with that, but I also agree that its safer to wait a year or two for the Vita to build up a bigger instal base before doing said good will gestures.


Dont lie to yourself. When he says it might change in the future, its for future titles. These games not releasing now, wont be released at all.

Only hope is if they get their heads out of their bottoms and let at least a localisation company like XSEED, NIS, etc do the localisation and take the royalties. Actually, im pretty sure seventh cord would like that deal. Namco and hideo Baba are the main concerns. Executive and company without vision.



Around the Network
Nem said:


Dont lie to yourself. When he says it might change in the future, its for future titles. These games not releasing now, wont be released at all.

Only hope is if they get their heads out of their bottoms and let at least a localisation company like XSEED, NIS, etc do the localisation and take the royalties. Actually, im pretty sure seventh cord would like that deal. Namco and hideo Baba are the main concerns. Executive and company without vision.

Yeah but if a small company (like Xseed for example)  has to make the localization of a Tales of  , there is a huge probability that Namco Bandai will ask them  TO PAY A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY to get the licence  .

They still have to pay the rights about :

1)   Opening Song

2)   Japanese voices (if possible)

That's the problem with these "BIG" companies : they can take the opportunity to ask A LOT OF MONEY  (Tales of   belongs to Namco Bandai). 



You can visit this blog for Zero no Kiseki and Sen no Kiseki guide

http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.be/