Quantcast
Can anyone explain to me why people are obsessed with how the PS4 looks like?

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can anyone explain to me why people are obsessed with how the PS4 looks like?

Everywhere I go, so many people keep on whining about how Sony didn't show the actual PS4 design. WHY DOES THIS MATTER?

How the PS4 will look will have absolutely 0 impact of what it will do. They showed all the meaningful things that we want to know: Specs, controller, games, networking, integration with other devices, etc. These are the things that will define our experience with the PS4, not how the console looks. But everyone keeps saying the PS4 was never shown and so the presentation sucked. So if Sony came up stage, showed a big black box, called it the PS4 and said goodbye, would that make you people happy?

The reason why they didn't show the box is probably because everything hasn't been put together yet and they are probably trying to keep costs down with whatever design they go with. I'm sure they'll bring it along at E3, which they do need to keep some surprises for. The one thing I do concur with is the price factor, which wasn't shown. Throughout the whole conference while Sony was throwing all these technicalities and demos I just couldn't help but wonder the price and whether it would cost an arm or a leg, or both. But again that is something that will probably be at E3. Nintendo didn't even announce their Wii U or 3DS price at E3.



 

Around the Network

Because we need to hump it to make little PS4 babies. If it's ugly, who the hell is going to want to hump it?



http://kotaku.com/5985847/so-i-guess-were-supposed-to-just-imagine-the-ps4

This is a console reveal. You need to show the console. It's a psychological thing: We need to see the box that will power the games and experiences the PS4 offers. Otherwise, the PS4 will feel incredibly abstract. It won't feel real.

Worse yet, it makes it feel like there was no payoff to the PS4 reveal. No, here's the new controller, here are the new cool games, and finally, here is the machine that will make it all happen. Bam, bam, bam. We're one bam too short, and that's unsatisfying. The entire evening never built to a climax. It just ended, sorely missing that one last bam.

Basically your holding a conference when your only half ready. No finale. Down note.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

We buy consoles for how the plastic housing looks.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

sales2099 said:
http://kotaku.com/5985847/so-i-guess-were-supposed-to-just-imagine-the-ps4

This is a console reveal. You need to show the console. It's a psychological thing: We need to see the box that will power the games and experiences the PS4 offers. Otherwise, the PS4 will feel incredibly abstract. It won't feel real.

Worse yet, it makes it feel like there was no payoff to the PS4 reveal. No, here's the new controller, here are the new cool games, and finally, here is the machine that will make it all happen. Bam, bam, bam. We're one bam too short, and that's unsatisfying. The entire evening never built to a climax. It just ended, sorely missing that one last bam.

Sorry but when did they say it was the reveal of the PS4? All I got was "PlayStation Meeting".



Around the Network

Because I'm afraid that it will be shaped like a butt.



KingofRome said:
Because we need to hump it to make little PS4 babies. If it's ugly, who the hell is going to want to hump it?

That is when you turn the lights off and find the easiest port to slide your unit into.



KingofRome said:
sales2099 said:
http://kotaku.com/5985847/so-i-guess-were-supposed-to-just-imagine-the-ps4

This is a console reveal. You need to show the console. It's a psychological thing: We need to see the box that will power the games and experiences the PS4 offers. Otherwise, the PS4 will feel incredibly abstract. It won't feel real.

Worse yet, it makes it feel like there was no payoff to the PS4 reveal. No, here's the new controller, here are the new cool games, and finally, here is the machine that will make it all happen. Bam, bam, bam. We're one bam too short, and that's unsatisfying. The entire evening never built to a climax. It just ended, sorely missing that one last bam.

Sorry but when did they say it was the reveal of the PS4? All I got was "PlayStation Meeting".

lol please do not play that card. Everybody expected a PS4 conference. Talking about Vita so they can legally say "PS Meeting" is just dodging the issue.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

"Its just a box"
-Yoshida


Nuff said.



sales2099 said:
KingofRome said:
sales2099 said:
http://kotaku.com/5985847/so-i-guess-were-supposed-to-just-imagine-the-ps4

This is a console reveal. You need to show the console. It's a psychological thing: We need to see the box that will power the games and experiences the PS4 offers. Otherwise, the PS4 will feel incredibly abstract. It won't feel real.

Worse yet, it makes it feel like there was no payoff to the PS4 reveal. No, here's the new controller, here are the new cool games, and finally, here is the machine that will make it all happen. Bam, bam, bam. We're one bam too short, and that's unsatisfying. The entire evening never built to a climax. It just ended, sorely missing that one last bam.

Sorry but when did they say it was the reveal of the PS4? All I got was "PlayStation Meeting".

lol please do not play that card. Everybody expected a PS4 conference. Talking about Vita so they can legally say "PS Meeting" is just dodging the issue.

And did we not get a PS4 heavy conference. An hour and a half talking about the PS4. I guess because they didn't show the console itself discards everything else that was shown during the conference, correct? Hilarity at it's finest my friend.