Quantcast
Square Enix Is The Modern Definition Of Fool’s Gold

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix Is The Modern Definition Of Fool’s Gold

NiKKoM said:

Lol at the reason why FF7 went to Playstation.. the Saturn had CD's and was outselling the Playstation before FF7 came.. Shiochiro Irimajiri, then president of Sega, and Tomoyuki Takechi, president of Squaresoft even grew up in the same city and are childhood friends... Sony just made a good deal for a 4 games 100 million dollar marketing deal and waving away the extra cost of 2 extra CD's.. Squaresoft back then was just about money like it is now.. and that ain't wrong..

This.  They don't have any more or less brand loyalty now than they ever had in the past.  They stayed with the Playstation brand exclusively because it was so dominate they had no reason to look elsewhere.  That was simply where the money was and that is no longer the reality. 

Honestly, I feel like this thread is mostly just people pouting because they lost an exclusive.



Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
AbbathTheGrim said:


But the fact is that they will not do a thing like this, this will result in delays and taking decisions to balance the versions, not allowing the PS3 version to take advantage of the capabilities of the monster it is meant to be played in.

This! Its too bad they keep pandering to those obsolete Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii consoles. They really ought to port it to the monster which is the PC.


The PC is a cheap prostitute whose vulgar dances are pushed by the amount of jewellery thrown at her.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
heruamon said:

SE is chasing fool's gold...lol...the article's author needs to get a reality check.


well SE's only big hit this gen is FF13! so maybe are chasing fools gold? just a thought. nothing to debate.

So I get it "big hit" is a game that sells more than 5 million of copies right?

How many "big hits" has Sony had this gen?



AbbathTheGrim said:
Squilliam said:
AbbathTheGrim said:


But the fact is that they will not do a thing like this, this will result in delays and taking decisions to balance the versions, not allowing the PS3 version to take advantage of the capabilities of the monster it is meant to be played in.

This! Its too bad they keep pandering to those obsolete Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii consoles. They really ought to port it to the monster which is the PC.


The PC is a cheap prostitute whose vulgar dances are pushed by the amount of jewellery thrown at her.

True!



Tease.

Did I really just read all of that? I kept waiting for the point but it never came. But why do you really care if it goes multiplatform? You'll still be able to play it if you have a PS3 and then 360 fans can play it. I am a PS3 fan but you guys take this shit way too far. And I almost hope the game does go multiplatform because I'm tired of you guys act all high and mighty because the PS3 is getting an exclusive from Square Enix.

The reason most of those crappy xbox 360 square enix games didn't get ported over to the PS3 and are popped out one after another is because...THEY ARE CRAPPY GAMES. The reason Final Fantasy XIII went multiplatform (and maybe Versus XIII going multiplatform) is because Final Fantasy is Square Enix's cashcow and at the time the PS3 wasn't doing well at all in the west, while the xbox 360 had already made a lot of ground in the west. Versus going multiplatform would be because Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 hit 1 million sales even if the PS3 version was more popular, that doesn't change the fact that Square Enix viewed a million sales as a success.

I think the way they announce these things are dumb but they are predictable but at the same time it shouldn't surprise anybody by now. And to waste all of our time to read this article is a crime against nature. I want my 5 minutes back that I could have been playing Red Dead Redemption.



Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
Funny thing is, they said they brought FFXIII to the 360 to "expand the series in the West"....and the PS3 version outsold it..in the West

You're acting like the 360's sales were horrible or something.

Can I use the logic of 'the x platform sold so much better than the y platform, so the port wasn't really justified' here? Like Bioshock, NG:Sigma2, Eternal Sonata, and Lost Planet. Sure, FFXIII wasn't a late port, but the sales, comparitively were that of one

FFXIII will probably sell 2 mil LTD on the 360 which isn't bad at all. You guys must really hate the 360. Square Enix needs all the funds they can get.



a true artist can paint on any canvas. stop being mad lol



Mad55 said:
a true artist can paint on any canvas. stop being mad lol

I have no clue, but your username with this post made me laugh.

OT:

This has to be one of the most annoying threads I've read yet.

It's pure and simple COMMON SENSE that multi-platform games DO sell better. You don't have to analyze it because there's nothing to analyze.

Squeenix is a 3rd party, which means they couldn't give two craps about maintaining the sales or attach ratio of a console, they want more money.



Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Mad55 said:
a true artist can paint on any canvas. stop being mad lol

I have no clue, but your username with this post made me laugh.

OT:

This has to be one of the most annoying threads I've read yet.

It's pure and simple COMMON SENSE that multi-platform games DO sell better. You don't have to analyze it because there's nothing to analyze.

Squeenix is a 3rd party, which means they couldn't give two craps about maintaining the sales or attach ratio of a console, they want more money.

lmao i know right its something that the original poster said that i was refering to.



he is right, thy r taking away nomura;s rite to express himslf. ff13 ws amazing bt it cud hve been 10 times more amzing if it ws exclusive. I hate wada.