Quantcast
Sony Responds To Nintendo 3DS Announcement

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds To Nintendo 3DS Announcement

nintendo consoles are first and foremost for kids. you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. my uncle bought his 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter a ds last week. he doesn't even know jack shit about games and chose ds.

why do we see people accusing nintendo systems of being targeted at kids all the time? there is a reason for it. super mario galaxy looks like la la land for ex.



Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
Nothing new.

I wish I were as enlightened as Max and radiantshadow.


All you need is the English comprehension of a 7th grader. If you live in the states they give a test out every year that places what grade level you are at with reading and writing. Pretty simple stuff really.



How about we don't turn this into yet another "X copied Y" thread? We've had far to many of those lately, and it's completely off-topic.



NoPantsHoSlappa said:
nintendo consoles are first and foremost for kids. you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. my uncle bought his 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter a ds last week. he doesn't even know jack shit about games and chose ds.

why do we see people accusing nintendo systems of being targeted at kids all the time? there is a reason for it. super mario galaxy looks like la la land for ex.

For the record, Max, it's this kinid of attitude that's being addressed here - because the PR fuels this, even if it's not what the PR itself is saying.



NoPantsHoSlappa said:
nintendo consoles are first and foremost for kids. you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. my uncle bought his 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter a ds last week. he doesn't even know jack shit about games and chose ds.

why do we see people accusing nintendo systems of being targeted at kids all the time? there is a reason for it. super mario galaxy looks like la la land for ex.

And everytime I read something like this I just remember this..... and smile.



Around the Network
Khuutra said:
leo-j said:

Please bring me a source for your little quote, if 3d is so hard to implement on an HD TV, what makes you think its simple to impliment on a handheld?

@Pesmerga515

They didn't mock, they simply said "its an interesting idea to bring 3d to handhelds, but based on our market research not many people are too interested in 3d gaming on a handheld, and they don't see a young audience going ape shit over 3d gaming on a handheld"

SONY is the one who started the whole 3d gaming thing to begin with, so before you claim they are "going to rip off" nintendo please do some research.. 3D GAMING is coming to PLAYSTATION 3 this year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/26/sonys-phil-harrison-goes-crazy-on-nintendo-ds/

Bullet point one.

And who can say? Nintendo's handling it, not us.

And Sony didn't start the 3D gaming thing. nVidia did.

Well I hadn't read that, thank you for pointing it out. You are right nvidia did start 3d gaming on PC, and motion gaming on PC was started well before the wii was even though of, same goes with PS MOVE or any other motion controller in the market today.. So based on that.. what can we say? People are still going to call sony the one's rippin off NINTENDO, and when sony brings something to the mainstream market and suddenly nintendo decides to jump on that idea too, we can't say nintendo is "ripping" off anyone..

This little war between nintendo fans and sony fans is beyond stupid, and needs to stop already.

 

 



 

mM
Max King of the Wild said:
BoleroOfFire said:
Nothing new.

I wish I were as enlightened as Max and radiantshadow.


All you need is the English comprehension of a 7th grader. If you live in the states they give a test out every year that places what grade level you are at with reading and writing. Pretty simple stuff really.

In that case go find out what grade level you're at in sarcasm detection.



Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

 

Warrior of Light

leo-j said:

Well I hadn't read that, thank you for pointing it out. You are right nvidia did start 3d gaming on PC, and motion gaming on PC was started well before the wii was even though of, same goes with PS MOVE or any other motion controller in the market today.. So based on that.. what can we say? People are still going to call sony the one's rippin off NINTENDO, and when sony brings something to the mainstream market and suddenly nintendo decides to jump on that idea too, we can't say nintendo is "ripping" off anyone..

This little war between nintendo fans and sony fans is beyond stupid, and needs to stop already.

I've never once spoken concerning the impetus behind the development and release of the Move, so that's lost on me.

And the two situations aren't even analogous: Sony hasn't brought 3-D gaming to the mainstream yet.

You're not helping the "war" problem when you jump in with unresearched statements, leo-j.



It pretty much does not matter what any of us here think. As sales and the millions of people of different ages proves any and all points. Those who think other wise have serious issues accepting facts for whatever reason.



BoleroOfFire said:
Max King of the Wild said:
BoleroOfFire said:
Nothing new.

I wish I were as enlightened as Max and radiantshadow.


All you need is the English comprehension of a 7th grader. If you live in the states they give a test out every year that places what grade level you are at with reading and writing. Pretty simple stuff really.

In that case go find out what grade level you're at in sarcasm detection.


I think you should take your own advice.