Quantcast
Microsoft Has No Further Plans To Bring First-Party Games to Other Platforms

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft Has No Further Plans To Bring First-Party Games to Other Platforms

LudicrousSpeed said:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-really-needs-to-make-up-theirs-minds-on-what-they-want-to-do-in-the-future-for-next-generation.136869/

Even Resetera, notably anti-Xbox, clearly understands Xbox strategy and PR and yet our posters are acting like MS is explaining quantum physics LOL

Who said anything about understanding Xbox strategy? Gaming as an industry is headed towards streaming/subscription models, and while it may not be this gen, we're headed to that inevitable market.

This doesn't change the fact MS is all over the place with their messaging. Contradicting statements don't help either.

"You know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal," said Decker. "We don't have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere."

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 24 August 2019

Since we're using other sites:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/cu2th3/microsoft_would_like_to_see_game_pass_on_all/

The upvotes, comments, amount of users subscribed, in this dedicated Xbox forum, represents more of the Xbox community, than a hardcore forum like ResetEra would, and they're divided by these recent comments. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 24 August 2019

Streaming and subscription model is where every form of media is going. Soon we won't have physical media or even movie theaters.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 24 August 2019

PotentHerbs said:

Who said anything about understanding Xbox strategy? Gaming as an industry is headed towards streaming/subscription models, and while it may not be this gen, we're headed to that inevitable market.

This doesn't change the fact MS is all over the place with their messaging. Contradicting statements don't help either.

"You know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal," said Decker. "We don't have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere."

Like i mentioned before, its not rocket science in what they said or to even understand what they want.

So in simplier terms, GamePass or no 1st party support?

Are people really confuse with that messaging? Its pretty clear to me what they want.



Snoopy said:

Streaming and subscription model is where every form of media is going. Soon we won't have physical media or even movie theaters.

We are nowhere close to that, particularly the latter.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 24 August 2019

                                                                                                                                            

Azzanation said:
PotentHerbs said:

Who said anything about understanding Xbox strategy? Gaming as an industry is headed towards streaming/subscription models, and while it may not be this gen, we're headed to that inevitable market.

This doesn't change the fact MS is all over the place with their messaging. Contradicting statements don't help either.

"You know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal," said Decker. "We don't have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere."

Like i mentioned before, its not rocket science in what they said or to even understand what they want.

So in simplier terms, GamePass or no 1st party support?

Are people really confuse with that messaging? Its pretty clear to me what they want.

The problem is the amount of statements Phil has made prior to this one. 

Sure, their long term goal is clear, but we're approaching a new console generation, the last thing the average consumer wants to hear is conflicting information about the future of Xbox exclusives.



PotentHerbs said:
Azzanation said:

Like i mentioned before, its not rocket science in what they said or to even understand what they want.

So in simplier terms, GamePass or no 1st party support?

Are people really confuse with that messaging? Its pretty clear to me what they want.

The problem is the amount of statements Phil has made prior to this one. 

Sure, their long term goal is clear, but we're approaching a new console generation, the last thing the average consumer wants to hear is conflicting information about the future of Xbox exclusives.

The average consumer doesn’t read any of this stuff.

There was zero contradiction in that GamePass on all platforms quote.



PotentHerbs said:

The problem is the amount of statements Phil has made prior to this one. 

Sure, their long term goal is clear, but we're approaching a new console generation, the last thing the average consumer wants to hear is conflicting information about the future of Xbox exclusives.

Well its even simpler. Invest into the Xbox eco system by buying into a Scarlett or Windows 10 and there is nothing to worry about.

I throught Xbox had no games, yet it seems there is more interest in Xbox IPs than any other.



CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:

Streaming and subscription model is where every form of media is going. Soon we won't have physical media or even movie theaters.

We are nowhere close to that, particularly the latter.

Eventually, it will be the case. The main consoles are definitely going to become obsolete. Remember the whole reason why people prefer consoles is because it's cheaper and easier to use than PC gaming. Streaming does a better job than consoles at both of those categories.



Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

We are nowhere close to that, particularly the latter.

Eventually, it will be the case. The main consoles are definitely going to become obsolete. Remember the whole reason why people prefer consoles is because it's cheaper and easier to use than PC gaming. Streaming does a better job than consoles at both of those categories.

Eventually could be 20-30 years from now. If you think we are anywhere close to the end of movie theaters, you're out of tune with the current climate.

As for physical media, it's going to take a long time before that is no longer produced as well.