By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - As Long as Numbers Can Be Fudged Upwards...

As long as numbers can be fudged upwards...there's no way PS3 can catch 360.

I just noticed that the numbers had been adjusted, so that now it appears that 360 has closer to a 6 million lead over the PS3 while previously it the lead had been dipping down towards the 5.0 million mark.

What we do know is that the PS3 kicked the 360's can worldwide during the Christmas holiday season '09.  Also, the 360 was only able to extend its lead over the PS3 in Others in '08 due to two price cuts; however, we can see due to the 360's ability to gain any real dominance over the PS3 in Others through much of 2009 that the price cut still didn't give it enough emphasis to take any kind of commanding advantage against the PS3 there.

I don't believe the 360 advantage over PS3 is any more than 5.5 million units at this time.

Around the Network

The numbers where adjusted downwards not upwards and it was done based on more acurate estimates, not fudged to make the PS3 look bad. LOL

I know. Adjustments should only go up for PS3 numbers and down for 360 ones. zomg, ioi, wtf!

txrattlesnake said:

As long as numbers can be fudged upwards...there's no way PS3 can catch 360.

I just noticed that the numbers had been adjusted, so that now it appears that 360 has closer to a 6 million lead over the PS3 while previously it the lead had been dipping down towards the 5.0 million mark.

What we do know is that the PS3 kicked the 360's can worldwide during the Christmas holiday season '09.  Also, the 360 was only able to extend its lead over the PS3 in Others in '08 due to two price cuts; however, we can see due to the 360's ability to gain any real dominance over the PS3 in Others through much of 2009 that the price cut still didn't give it enough emphasis to take any kind of commanding advantage against the PS3 there.

I don't believe the 360 advantage over PS3 is any more than 5.5 million units at this time.

That has nothin' to do with nothin'.

kowenicki said:
fudged? so you are saying the site is biased and is lying... leave then.

I'm saying MS has enough power to have any numbers in the industry they want fudged fudged.  Also with some of the mods rushing to ban anyone that says one negative thing even if truthful about a competing console, I do sense a little anti-Sony sentiment in some quarters.  Mainly a sentiment that quite a few don't want Sony to come on strong and finish first or second.

Why?  Is it a dictatorship?  I still have some speculations that I would like to see how they turn out.

Around the Network
txrattlesnake said:

I'm saying MS has enough power to have any numbers in the industry they want fudged fudged.

How can we possibly argue against such irrefutable proof such as; 'I believe'. You're right there's a big conspiracy against the PS3...what's it like being a victim?

Another thing, it says Microsoft has the lead in Others. I think Sony maintains that they have sold more than MS in Europe and if you factor in the Asian market which this site might not do, MS might not have any more of an advantage in Asia over PS3 than it does in Japan, so the margin might actually be lower than 5.5 million.

txrattlesnake said:

I'm saying MS has enough power to have any numbers in the industry they want fudged fudged.  Also with some of the mods rushing to ban anyone that says one negative thing even if truthful about a competing console, I do sense a little anti-Sony sentiment in some quarters.  Mainly a sentiment that quite a few don't want Sony to come on strong and finish first or second.

Why?  Is it a dictatorship?  I still have some speculations that I would like to see how they turn out.

Wow. You are a fullblown conspiracy theorist. And you are basing this theory on that you don't think the gap is bigger than 5.5 millions. I quite like that the only reason you think this is because you have had access to the numbers from the same sources that you are now claiming are decieving us all. There's a bit of irony in there.

This is invisible text!

txrattlesnake said:
kowenicki said:
fudged? so you are saying the site is biased and is lying... leave then.

Firstly, Sony isn't going to finish first. 

Ultimately all companies are obliged to provide accurate sales figures to their shareholders, Microsoft included. So why on earth would they bother to have any source 'fudge' figures for them when in the end they are going to have to report the truth?